We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 11:16

I absolutely love behind the scenes shows on wrestling as it just gives you so much more respect for the people that do it, also I really hope Corey Graves can be a main roster commentator one day.
Back to top Go down
Slazo
One of Sonic's Friends
Slazo

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 11:26

Fascinating viewing, especially as I didn't really watch NXT during that era so I appreciate those three guys so much more now. And I'd love to have an announce team of Corey and Renee on a main show.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 13:27

I wish William Regal still did commentary - he was far and away the best colour commentator WWE had at the time. Graves is good though - adds a lot to the NXT announce team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyTue 19 May 2015 - 19:07

Payback was alright, wasn't it? I've not caught Raw yet, but the PPV was pretty good.

Thought the tag match (again!) and the main event were the highlights.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 0:44

As seems to be the trend lately, post mania is just brilliant right now with all the part timers out of the , you could say its all too much with Elimination Chamber just 2 weeks away and Money in the Bank after that but I say bring it on. Really hyped for NXT tomorrow now, especially after Raw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 9:30

Did anyone else find that payback was considerably more "extreme" than extreme rules was? That AA into the fireworks was crazy but the Russian chain match was boring. Similarly, that 4-Way might not have been in a cage but it was ridonks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 12:49

Plus you had Ziggler bleeding buckets before getting a boot to the face in his match - I see your point!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 16:50

I quite like New day and the reaction they are getting now, Xavier Woods especially is doing a great job as a heel and that's with most of his actions happening outside the ring.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 18:08

I enjoyed the New Day from the start; I think I just found the laziness with regards to black wrestlers amusing at first, but now they're doing the heel thing I'm especially all over it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 May 2015 - 19:43

The thing that bugged me the most is they initially angled for a heel group at first then hooked them off TV for about a month and had them come back as the positive face group which the majority of fans didn't like as it wasn't much different to what each of them were doing as solo wrestlers.

It basically could have been a bigger thing much sooner.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyThu 21 May 2015 - 14:00

Better late than never, I suppose. It's given us a look at face Cesaro too - another pro of turning New Day heel.

Anyone catch NXT Takeover: Unstoppable last night? I thought it wasn't really up to scratch with previous Takeovers, but the final two matches are well worth watching. Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch was easily the match of the night.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 May 2015 - 9:53

Yeah it was good also the rumours were true
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 1:15

DEEEEAAAAAAANNNNNNN

Yeh, sure, I know they haven't officially, by the book put the belt on my boy bug that was a quality ppv that delivered everything you could reasonably ask for.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 8:27

I enjoyed MOST of that PPV, although I thought the IC Title Chamber match was a fucking stinker and everybody involved bar Sheamus underperformed. Owens vs Cena more than made up for it though.

Oh, if you've not seen it, I really recommend watching the Austin/Heyman podcast. The last 5/10 minutes are a treat, and a good sign of things to come.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 18:22

PPV was okay, I echo Jay's sentiments on the amateurish IC Elimination Chamber - as much as I liked the result, it was an off night for everyone involved.

The last 5/10 mins of the podcast:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 18:42

Aye EC was an alright show, I didn't really like any of the chamber matches as you've said the IC one was a mess and for me the tag one started really well but then petered out due to some weird eliminations leaving teams that either hadn't worked a lot of matches together or just hadn't worked many matches recently (prime time players I mean you) or both.

Perhaps it had a few too many teams?

---

Last night's podcast really was top notch! I did have a few signal issues on my end which meant I missed a few things here and there so I'll be definitely giving it a watch again some time soon.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 12:23

You know, I'd forgotten how intense Stone Cold is, considering I spend a couple of hours each week listening to him joking about his life and chatting with guests on his podcast. When he tapped into Stone Cold and just stared Heyman down... chills. Whilst I think the better match would have been Austin vs Punk (watch this video, you'll understand why I'm saying that), I'm all in for Lesnar vs Austin.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 12:41

Agree would of been far better match Austin v Punk, I need to listen to the podcast still.

On the EC Owens v Cena was a excellent match all the rest of the card was rather muh.

But does make me wonder what there going to do with Owens & the NxT title if he's on WWE now.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 20:09

JayMoyles wrote:
You know, I'd forgotten how intense Stone Cold is, considering I spend a couple of hours each week listening to him joking about his life and chatting with guests on his podcast. When he tapped into Stone Cold and just stared Heyman down... chills. Whilst I think the better match would have been Austin vs Punk (watch this video, you'll understand why I'm saying that), I'm all in for Lesnar vs Austin.  

I knew the video you meant before clicking on it, Austin always makes it seem like genuine hate for the person he's talking about but I do wonder if he's been away from the ring for far too long to make the match compelling to watch.

His brawling style may help a lot though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 23:37

To be fair, Lesnar can make a match with anyone entertaining when he decides to chuck them about like a rag doll.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2015 - 5:36

The_Jaster wrote:

I knew the video you meant before clicking on it, Austin always makes it seem like genuine hate for the person he's talking about but I do wonder if he's been away from the ring for far too long to make the match compelling to watch.  

His brawling style may help a lot though.

I think he knows himself that he won't be the sharpest in the ring, but I think he's already preparing for that by suggesting a gimmick match like a Texas Deathmatch. Besides, Lesnar's matches in this most recent run are never the most technically impressive matches - they're brawls, and Austin works well in brawls. I just want to see the man drop some stunners again!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2015 - 18:39

Aye don't get me wrong it would be brilliant to see him again, I just wish it had happened much sooner.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 21:24

In honour of the late great Dusty Rhodes, here's a reminder of how amazing he was on the mic. I know you've probably seen it already, but it's such a good promo. Maybe the greatest babyface of all time.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015 - 9:54

This was such a shocker! A true great as no matter what hand he was dealt he turned it into gold, WWE and wrestling as a whole has lost one of greatest minds of the business.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015 - 12:54

Sami Zayn's reflections on his time with Dusty down in NXT are well worth a read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next