We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 5:27

I've heard about this project for a while as I follow one of the producers (Matt Cohen) on twitter & I'm just about to give it a watch.

---

The director of this did write chronicle which is brilliant! He is also the son of John Landis who I hopefully shouldn't need to explain who that is.

EDIT: I've now watched it & it was fucking excellent! What's more a lot of the stuff said in that short film will help me just take wrestling for what it is & have a blast as I watch these characters grow. Grin

Oh also John Landis has a cameo at 15:42 as HBK's therapist. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 13:02

It's the granddaddy of them all this Sunday - WrestleMania 31!

Whilst I'm less than enthused by the card, considering I'll be watching with a few mates and some bevs, it'll go by alright.

Anyone fancy doing predictions for the matches?

The card::

My predictions::
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 13:26

I'm not that excited and not really got a spare 4hrs in till Tuesday afternoon that also has some baring on it as Royal Rumble I was watching live and tweeting during it with others.

My Predcitions:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 16:26

I'm quite excited for it even if the card could be better as there are still some exciting matches in there, my top two being Wyatt vs Taker and the IC title ladder match.

Anyhow it's a case of me watching wrestling all day since I'll be at ICW Barramania as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 16:41

Aw, forgot about that! What's the card looking like for that show?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 21:21

WRASSLEMAAAAAAANIA!
I am very much excited. I've got Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off and i'm going to get smashed. #ginergy

Predictions/ hopes:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 21:28

Damn - most of your predictions would totally depress me if they come to fruition Drunka. Different tastes and that, though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 21:44

Agree with Jay , I've pretty much given up with WWE already but definitely would if your predictions where right.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 23:35

JayMoyles wrote:
Aw, forgot about that! What's the card looking like for that show?

Aye it looks top notch

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 Bg-29-03-2015desc

Hoping for a few surprises since I don't know the full card.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySun 29 Mar 2015 - 0:15

Scotland game, ICW event and WrestleMania in a straight eleven hour run. Hat's off to the folks doing that tomorrow. Dance
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015 - 4:34

Ahem...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015 - 5:47

I fucking loved that mania. Couple of disappointing results but non-stop amazing moments, primarily the results I wanted, top wrasslin' action and some proper surprises.

I knew Rollins was gonna walk out champ but not like that, with Lesnar super face and Reigns fucked right over.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015 - 15:46

Barramania: FUCKING TOP NOTCH!

Wrestlemania: FUCKING TOP NOTCH!

I FUCKING LOVE WRESTLING!

---

The only thing I was disappointed with is having to miss most of the ICW main event to catch the last train home, luckily though the show will be put up on demand today so I'll be avoiding the outcome until I watch it on there.

The ICW crowd is fucking bonkers btw and I can only recommend if they are near your city then go and see it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015 - 15:54

Drunkalilly wrote:

I knew Rollins was gonna walk out champ but not like that, with Lesnar super face and Reigns fucked right over.

I think if they'd had Reigns go over clean as a whistle, he'd have been really fucked over - I don't think this result hurt him at all. I saw a lot of chat on Twitter and elsewhere saying he looked like a fucking badass in that match, even in defeat.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015 - 16:18

Aye I really hope his detractors can find a bit of respect for him now after that performance, loved the little moments of him smiling after taking multiple suplexes which the commentators put over really well.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015 - 21:25

Quite liked WrestleMania. I felt that it was a rock solid show with a few spectacular moments (that RKO was executed to perfection), although I didn't feel that there were any standout matches. That doesn't mean that I didn't like a lot of them, mind; the main event definitely surpassed expectations and was exactly the sort of match I wanted to see, Sting/Triple H was great fun, Rollins/Orton was really good and I've got no complaints about anything else on the card. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015 - 22:07

Aye, more or less feeling the same here! I preferred last year's show, but there weren't any points where I was sitting bored (Rock/Cena II at WM29 did that to me) this year. Good show all round.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2015 - 22:29

More of Keith in a Tough Enough video where a HOF & current superstar appear
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2015 - 22:42

That video was alright. Then I saw Dolph and it became amazing.
Also, I've got a pretty good idea how Extreme Rules' main event is gonna end.
stuff i saw at the house show:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyTue 21 Apr 2015 - 23:42

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 Tumblr_meenyu1KSh1qj5ikxo1_500

No bones dance has to be his finisher. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2015 - 20:39

Just submitted my Tough Enough video, how about youse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PyJNQoqOY
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptyFri 8 May 2015 - 18:07

Here's the EPSN/NXT Behind The Curtain documentary, well worth watching while it's still up.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 4:58

Cheers Cappa, will give that a watch.

EDIT: Yeah, that was great. Adam Rose has one hell of a story. I'd anticipate a good reaction for him on RAW this week.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 10:58

Apparently Leppan is surveying fans by asking if they want to see his old Leo Kruger character come back. They knackered his Adam Rose character with The Bunny stuff, so I think 'why not?'. Give it a bash. Perhaps they could have Leo Kruger team up with Bray Wyatt and The Ascension to form a new Wyatt Family - try and get something out of those four (even if I would suggest that they wouldn't; they're probably my four least favourite performers on the WWE roster).

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 11:09

This fan-made video got me fairly hyped up for a Leo Kruger return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next