We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Feb 2015 - 13:14

ICW have a new Friday night fight club show for their on demand service which is free for non-subs for 24 hours (ends 9pm tonight) & here's the card for it:

Zero G Championship:
Kenny Williams (c) vs. Noam Dar

Sammii Jayne vs. Nikki Storm

Big Damo vs. DCT

Joe Hendry vs. Mikey Whiplash

----

Also here's Grado exchanging cartwheels with Earl Hebner at a TNA show.

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 B-VeFUxIUAAcQpe

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 B-VeFUuIgAAlcXo
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 7:08

Charlotte Flair favourited my tweet. As soon as Ziggler acknowledges my hair bantz, I can die happy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 17:39

Caught Fast Lane.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 1:33

I think you are spot on about the crowd once again, the event itself had a very very slow start but did get better as it went on.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 9:52

I really enjoyed Fast Lane.
Spoiler:
That said, I was absolutely smashed throughout.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 10:11

Yeah, Fast Lane... so-so show.

Goldust vs Stardust was an interesting one, because I'm really into the feud and I thought the match was decent, but jesus, the crowd just could not care. Reigns vs Bryan was good, if not predictable (the less said about that awful "please like him" segment on Raw last night, the better though). Absolutely marked the fuck out when the druid's started shuffling out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyTue 24 Feb 2015 - 20:30

I know we are all guilty of this at some point but I honestly find I enjoy WWE and wrestling more when I'm not analysing every little thing I liked or didn't like & just let the show take me on that weird journey that only it can provide.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 5:42

I think the show has to be of an amazing quality to allow me to do that - the NXT special in December took me on that ride, and it was my favourite show last year. NJPW's Wrestle Kingdom 9 with JR announcing took me on that ride. WWE's PPVs in 2015 haven't let me do that yet. Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 9:36

I found Fastlane so-so as well and what I hear what they did with RKO on RAW seems like what are you doing.

Also mania doesn't thrill me much with what looks like the card that will be there.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 9:43

Yeah, me neither. Also...

Smackdown Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 9:49

The_Jaster wrote:
I know we are all guilty of this at some point but I honestly find I enjoy WWE and wrestling more when I'm not analysing every little thing I liked or didn't like & just let the show take me on that weird journey that only it can provide.

I agree, which is why I never watch them sober.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 9:53

JayMoyles wrote:
Yeah, me neither. Also...

Smackdown Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 10:32

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 10:45

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 17:33

#GiveTheDivasAChance

Pros: It's very forward-thinking by the standard WWE fan's standards, and I'm encouraged by anything even remotely aligned to equal opportunities and inclusion in wrestling.

Cons: The current WWE Divas are absolutely rotten. On the stick and in the ring, they're unanimously ***fucking*** dreadful. There is no evidence whatsoever that this current roster deserves any more screentime or investment, either financially or emotionally. Fair enough if the folks down in the NXT are having great bouts, but if you're telling me that one of the Bella mannequins deserves to take even thirty seconds off of another match at WrestleMania then you can stick that right up your arse.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Feb 2015 - 22:52

Paige is good...
But like you say, the rest seem to only be kept around to sell Total Divas at this point
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 2:49

As far as main roster divas go the only one's I wouldn't mind seeing given more ring time are: Paige, Natalya, Alicia Fox & Naomi.

Though the stories have to be loads better if that's to happen (as I why should I care that the Bella's poke fun at how different paige looks?) anyhow the divas division is in the same boat as the tag team one, not enough quality wrestlers to make it truly interesting & all the writers focus is on the main event cards.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 5:41

The_Jaster wrote:
As far as main roster divas go the only one's I wouldn't mind seeing given more ring time are: Paige, Natalya, Alicia Fox & Naomi.

Though the stories have to be loads better if that's to happen (as I why should I care that the Bella's poke fun at how different paige looks?) anyhow the divas division is in the same boat as the tag team one, not enough quality wrestlers to make it truly interesting & all the writers focus is on the main event cards.

My opinion to a T. I'd say Nikki Bella has improved in the ring as well, but her character is so fucking awful that I'd rather not see her given more time.

Honestly, it is refreshing to see such an uproar about the divas division, because I'd hate to see some of my NXT favourites go up to the main roster and be wasted there. In NXT, they book the Divas women in a really positive way, giving them time and storylines centering around the women's title. And guess what? It works!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 22:41

I missed this over the weekend. According to the company, Rey Mysterio is no longer under WWE contract. It's disappointing that he left with such little fanfare. I'd make an argument that he's one of the best ever, and very probably my absolute favourite performer of the 2000s. What a superb talent. Even though his knees were gone, he was still having great matches as recently as 2013 (see his virtuoso performace at Survivor Series 2013 for evidence). It was a real shame that, admist the Daniel Bryan hysteria last year, the WWE audience let him know loud and clear that they felt his time was up. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 14:33

He popped up at Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore, and is heavily rumoured to be on his way to Lucha Underground, so he's not done yet.

Also, today in wrestling, a fan asked Hulk Hogan if he could retweet a picture of his niece who is a big fan of the Hulkster, and is also great at hide and seek. Hulk Hogan obliges... but unfortunately, it's a picture of Madeleine McCann. Top work Hogan. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 20:33

Few RAW thoughts:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015 - 18:30

Cena was absolutely the heel last week. I'm interested to see if anything stems from that.

If you've a spare half hour, I highly recommend this short film about how wrestling isn't real and that's okay, shown through a dramatisation of Triple H's career where all the wrestlers (well, nearly all of them - I won't spoil the brilliant joke) are portrayed by women (who are all stunning), and it features cameos from Seth Green, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, Macaulay Culkin, Josh from Drake and Josh and more. It's bonkers and a fantastic watch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015 - 22:16

That was excellent

I also saw Joey Ryan in that
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 1:16

That was bloody brilliant. And so true!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 5:12

masofdas wrote:
That was excellent

I also saw Joey Ryan in that

Yeah, there were tons of cameos in that. The guy who wrote and narrated and directed the film is supposedly quite a well-respected writer in Hollywoodland - I think he wrote Chronicle, that found-footage superhero movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next