We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 15:43

Balladeer wrote:
I raise one eyebrow at calling that game 'nice', sir.
Indeed. In this context, one would spell it "noice".
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 16:39

Cheeky

And, yes - that was basically a series of trailers with a bit of commentary. Not that that was a bad thing: it worked for me! Grin No-one could replace Iwata. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 18:04

End-to-end games isn't a bad thing.  It could be much worse.  Imagine all the marketing guff they could put in there.  Heck, there was nothing about mobile offerings, or the 3DS' faltering library, or amiibo.  We have to accept that some of the magic died with Iwata.  Which I'm sure I'll manage some time in the next twenty years. Sad

How does VIII compare against the rest of the series, Athers?  It'll be my first Ys game!  At the moment it reminds me of nothing so much as Xenoblade, with the action combat and the heroine in an outfit that would cover a small dinner plate.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 13 Jan 2018 - 15:40

Drunkalilly wrote:

AND DARK SOULS. Can't wait to replay it on Switch. Unfortunately, I saw a number of tweets that a remaster would be announced today coming to Switch, so the reveal was ruined. I'm still super pumped.

Having endured the serious decibels that come rampaging out of your gullet every time DEAN AMBROSE makes a scheduled appearance at the wrestling, I can only assume that you having it spoilt was a good thing for the rest of humanity. I think you'd have ripped a hole through the fabric of time had this been a genuine surprise for you otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptySat 13 Jan 2018 - 23:44

I do fucking love Dean though mate.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2018 - 12:05

Balladeer wrote:

How does VIII compare against the rest of the series, Athers?  It'll be my first Ys game!  At the moment it reminds me of nothing so much as Xenoblade, with the action combat and the heroine in an outfit that would cover a small dinner plate.

Haven't played it yet actually. It's one of those 2018 games that's in the to-buy list because the year was so jam-packed. If it's anything like Ys Seven and Celceta it should be a fun affair with a banging soundtrack and awesome hectic boss fights, I think I've heard it's better than Celceta. Or Seven, can't remember, but I recall it being reasonably well received besides its lolcalisation that was so awful NISA are releasing a patch to fix its many many many issues (won't be an issue for the Switch version I imagine).

It'll be a fun game to be sure, the Ys games remind me of times before the PS360 gen, old-fashioned in that they feel like game-y games that you don't see as often from big-name devs nowadays. It's one of the charms of the series.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2018 - 19:22

I preferred Celceta myself. Felt a bit tighter. Wouldn't say the bosses were up to much here either...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2018 - 18:40

Crumped again! Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 11:25

Today at 10pm, Nintendo will be showing a new interactive experience for kids and those who are kids at heart is what Nintendo UK describes , where Japan it's a new way to play.

I don't know if this will have any relation to it but some Ubisoft guy that worked on Ghost Recon and Mario + Rabbids has been tweeting about something for a few days and they're where rumours of another direct for the 18th of Jan, which I guess is this tonight.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 17 Jan 2018 - 12:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 11:43

Literally logged on to link to that story, mas! Grin Heaven knows what it means but I'm looking forward to it regardless. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 12:33

I've got no idea what it will be

lot's of speculation about it being for more casual gamers
toys to life which could be starlink due Ubisoft guy

Not sure how either would be a new way to play though

And to me interactive experience is stuff like Life is Strange, Gone Home, Depression Quest, Walking Dead and not sure how that would be a kids game unless we get a Telltale Pokemon and it's like a episode of the show.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 12:52

It would be nice to round out the Switch's library with some games aimed at youngsters. I've always found Mario games quite ageless, but the more options the better I say.

Something like this to rile up F-Zero loons

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 Ninten10
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 15:51

*Captain Falcon punches the keyboard, blowing into a thousand pieces*

"HYES!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 16:02

mas wrote:
unless we get a Telltale Pokemon and it's like a episode of the show.

*You caught a Pikachu in a pokeball*

*Pikachu will remember this*

----

On the whole "interactive experience" thing surely it'll be some sort of peripheral that connects on the rails of the system.

Like this idea suggested a while back:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 16:22

Wasn't it the Yo-kai people who came up with that Suspect and as this is clearly Japan focused due the time then something like that could happen.

Lot's banding Aya Kyogoku name around (even me) who's worked on many things but New Leaf would be the big one and making that have abroad appeal, I can't see it being Animal Crossing but can see it being something with a broad appeal.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 17:15

Its netflix, but only netflix kids.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 20:05

FALCON SHIFT!

DIGRESSION ALERT: Before I corrected it, that described a Captain Falcon move where he turns around, bends down, and... well, the flames don't smell good, let's put it that way. No

I've heard a lot about a possible toys-to-life idea. Unless it uses the amiibo I already have, I don't think this'll be for me, but I can't deny I'm intrigued!

The_Jaster wrote:
*You caught a Pikachu in a pokeball*

*Pikachu will remember this*

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 Tenor
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 20:22

Dark Souls Jr.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 12:35

As the only person round here yet to buy a switch I have to say this has me the most excited I've been for over a year! I cannot wait to see what magic Nintendo brings to the table today!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 20:34

I think the one thing we can all agree is that we didn't expect that. When's the last time someone around here used the term 'The Nintendo Difference'? Because I'm using it now!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 14:51

It seems we're going to be treated to a full-length Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 10pm UK time. One focus is said to be Mario Tennis Aces, which I think is a...wesome. Winky Face Prepare yourselves for rampant and clearly unfulfillable speculation on Twitter for the next 29 hours or so... Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 18:21

I was only thinking this morning after posting in E3 & Leak thread that Bethesda have confirmed E3 conference time already and it's only 3 months away, that if were to get direct before then, it had to be soon with things like Mario Tennis not dated.

I was going to post something similar to that tonight and we could have all speculated when it would happen, now its what will happen.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 19:05

Cue the rampant speculation. Me, I want dates for TWEWYmix and MTA, preferably both before E3. And less than 3 minutes on Labo. Anything else will be a bonus.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 19:20

I'm really interested to see if there's anything new and substantial revealed for 3DS. I thought the smattering of Atlus games and that sushi game would be our lot there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 20:55

Fingers crossed! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next