We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 23:07

For me, I don't quite lump in fire emblem with pure JRPGs, so the direct was alright. And more games should feature playable schoolteachers
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 23:27

It did feel quite JRPG heavy to me but as you said earlier there was about 5 games I did like the look of plus I already have the free Tetris 99 & Daemon X Machina demo downloaded. Smile

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 0:35

I'm gonna head to Starbucks, download them demos and play the Tetris Battle Royale before work I reckon.

I just rewatched the Direct- I missed Senua's Sacrifice the first time around, I remember being very intrigued by that when it launched elsewhere so I'm dead keen. Also Unravel 2, which I remember people saying seemed like a Switch game from the start, what with the co-op characters who are red and blue.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 7:50

It was a shame that the Direct got off to such a terrible start, because after that it proved itself to be the greatest direct of all time.

Good to see them listening to the REAL fans by bringing us Rune Factory, Dragon Quest, Tsum Tsums, Fire Emblem and a new Platinum game to mention a few.

Overall 0/10 - shouldn’t have put Mario Maker in there Nintendo, absolutely screwed the pooch on that one

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 11:05

This is the best direct Nintendo have ever done, and better than plenty of E3 presentations in all honesty
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 14:21

I watched the Directs (the UK and Japan) late last night after coming back from Skittles and just rewatched.

I was going into the direct being down on the Switch and sort am still but I'll get to that

Super Mario Maker 2 - Not for me as I'm not creative, I'm not really into 2D Mario at the best of times and without some sort of save Peach to hold it together, it's a pass from me.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - I liked the previous games but this looks like them and a bit of a budget game due that, if this is £40 then it's a pass to a sale but I'd be happy to buy for £25.

Boxboy + Boxgirl - I've never played one and does look like a good eShop title from Nintendo, I'm just not going to play coop so I'm not sure how much of the 270 levels I would be playing by myself.

Dragon Quest Builders 2
- I've still not played the first even though I have on PSN that I don't think I'll be getting the sequel anytime soon.

Dragon Quest XI S Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition
- I missed on PS4 as it came out around the same time as Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spider-Man if I remember correctly and now with the Switch version getting extra content, old school stuff like the 3DS, that I'm keen for this.

Disney Tsum Tsum
- No idea what a Tsum Tsum is and this game certainly isn't for me.

Rune Factory 4 Special - It does look like a 3DS game to Switch but I did miss on 3DS (I might actually own it digitally, though) that I can see me picking it up and I am keen also same with the fifth.

Oninaki - Both of the previous Tokyo RPG games were good looking at a critical standpoint that I'm not sure how excited I should be also it's coming to PS4.

Yoshi Crafted World - I'm not going to bother the demo as I know what it will sort be like and feels much like Kirby last year a good game at the start of the year but one by the end of the year, you will have forgotten it even came out.

Fire Emblem Three Houses - BANGER!

Tetris 99 - I've downloaded and like the idea of this is how Nintendo is going to make Nintendo Switch Online a better service with exclusive games and content.

Dead by Daylight - I thought MUA3 looked bad from a graphical standpoint.

Deltarune Chapter One
- Well well, I did say in my Undertale review I would like to play Deltarune but can't be assed with it on PC that I'd wait till it comes to some consoles. Now I see PS4 version also been confirmed (hasn't been dated), however, I enjoyed Undertale on VITA as it just worked on a handheld meaning even if PS4 and Switch were the same day, I'd be going Switch for this one.

Daemon X Machina - I'm downloading the demo at the moment and will see how it is and I'm still not sure about it just from trailers.

GRID Autosport - Nice to see a realistic racer on Switch but after Gear Club which for sure wasn't good the Switch isn't a console I'd play this sort of game on.

Hellblade - I should go back to this on something as it should be a Mas game but just wasn't clicking when I first played on PS4.

Unravel Two - Should work well on Switch with local coop, just I "own" already on Xbox.

Assassins Creed III Remastered
- This looked Janky.

Final Fantasy IX - This is now the best RPG on Switch and easily if everything is taken into account like Super Mario Bros 3 on NES Online, one of the best games you can play on Switch. The only reason I'm not buying is I can play it on PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSTV, and VITA.

On the other Final Fantasy games, the Japanese direct went into more detail and again I can play likes of FFVII six ways already, however, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! is new but I would like to see some reviews first.

Astral Chain
- New Platinum game is always great news but I do also sort of worry as for every near perfect game like Bayonetta is an Anarchy Regins plus stuff with studio goings-on that this could go either way.

The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening - This wasn't much of a shock as it was rumored for ages then it went away and then it was Skyward Sword rumors. Why I made the prediction we will get something related this year as we do every year now, that does bring up the question has Zelda maybe lost its aura with a game every year in the universe even though on Switch it's been 3D, Spin-off and now 2D? Also, I'm not sure about the art style I would say ALBW looks better style.

Decent direct but for me personally now there are things I want to play like Tetris 99 right now, Deltarune end of the month but nothing that truly gets me excited about being Switch owner for me the rest of the year looks like this

July Fire Emblem Three Houses, this is the first game of the year (with a date) on Switch that I'm excited about 8 months or so after Pokemon Let's Go but after this, it picks up
August Astral Chain
Summer Daemon X Machina, I can see this being June seeing we have a demo now
Summer Dragon Quest XI S
Summer Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Q4 Pokemon Gen 8
2019 Animal Crossing
2019 The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
2019 Luigi's Mansion 3
2019 Rune Factory 4
2019 Town

That's a quality game each month easily without eShop or anything else and you could even see likes of Town being moved to Q1 2020 and still being plenty in 2019.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 18:29

So that's how it feels to be on the other side of the Direct coin. Laughing I'd say it was a decent showing but no where near their best.

---

@mas - I think I get why you are so down on the Switch now, you're looking too far ahead and maybe wanting to have the whole year or more planned out to your tastes? It's probably just better to enjoy the here and now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 18:36

The problem is there isn't anything for me in the here and now hasn't really been since Pokémon Let's Go, which why I am looking at that big special Switch game and I'm open to all genres along with one man team indie game to AAA.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 18:42

"Further, higher, faster, captain mar-"mutes Please don't remind me about that ridiculously politically charged superbowl advert for a cinematic equivalent of a Mcdonalds burger in a Direct Nintendo.

Besides that blunder with Marvel yet again trying to force everyone to love Carol Danvers this was unpredictably one of the first directs I actually thought worth watching. Plenty of stuff to convince me to finally get me that Switch I keep mentioning I'll get eventually, and some nice stuff that alongside the games already released will probably keep me gaming for a solid six months.

Fire Emblem is obviously a day one purchase, doubt anybody would think otherwise given my incredibly secretive references to my taste in video games over the years. Same goes for Oninaki which looks incredibly interesting, this could be just the sort of unique JRPG that really does something that only the Japanese can do with the genre. Astral Chain is right up my ally as well, looking set to be a nice dystonia-esque sci-fi action game. Link's Awakening has my attention, but not my money just yet.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 18:51

masofdas wrote:
The problem is there isn't anything for me in the here and now hasn't really been since Pokémon Let's Go, which why I am looking at that big special Switch game and I'm open to all genres along with one man team indie game to AAA.

So you really have nothing on your eShop watch list you haven't bought yet or any other games in your backlog left unfinished?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 18:58

It's absolutely grand to see you liking something that Nintendo have put out Athers!  And one step closer to me actually having someone to discuss XC2 with... Shifty

Direct games I'll be buying, for anyone who cares:

So the Direct had five games I'll almost definitely buy, of which two were new; and a whole lot of other great games I can appreciate for what they are but don't fancy myself.  I think that's got to qualify as A Belter.  The final two games would probably have done that on their own to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 19:21

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

So you really have nothing on your eShop watch list you haven't bought yet or any other games in your backlog left unfinished?

Yeah of course but nothing I actually really want to play more than whatever is the backlog on any other system, which I would sooner be spending time on.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 21:02

Well I thought all of that was pretty good. There were some things that weren't for me - and I'm not sure I actually like Platinum that much - but there was definitely something for everybody. Yes I would've liked info on Animal Crossing, but - hey - it's on its way. Considering the bad night I had last night, waking up to watch some Nintendo fun was just the job.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 21:40

Jimbob wrote:
Considering the bad night I had last night, waking up to watch some Nintendo fun was just the job.

I hope it wasn't too bad, whatever it was... but Nintendo's definitely a great source of calm in these times. Did you know Yoshi comes out on Brexit day? Great excuse not to pay attention to the news.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 20:46

I did not know that! Yoshi it is.

Thanks very much for your concern. Work stresses (at the beginning of my week, I did not expect to have to conduct a video Skype call with a furniture manufacturing company in China!) are the cause of that. But thanks. Now I feel bad for saying you're weird for notiming Tetris ☹
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 20:59

I can at least relate to the work stresses one - hope the call went wrong okay!

Don't worry, it's fairly hard for me to deny that I'm weird. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Mar 2019 - 21:04

More Nindies tomorrow at 4 boys. Give me release dates for Celeste's final chapter and the goose and I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Mar 2019 - 22:57

I reckon there'll be some Castle Crashers news as the Behemoth were teasing something last week. Silksong release date... do I dare to dream?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2019 - 1:05

"Hollow Knight: Silksong will Be available shortly after this presentation"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2019 - 1:26

I reckon there will be some kind of big Silksong showing, as that would make up for it not being on the direct.
A fun little cheap surprise is all I need.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2019 - 17:26

That was a pretty good indie direct eh? Really happy that My Friend Pedro will be out in June, Katana zero looks ace (do devolver digital ever publish a game that looks bad?) and double fine's Rad looks quality! Cuphead, Bloodroots and Cadence of Hyrule were other highlight for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2019 - 19:53

Mmm... Imagine if they'd followed Cuphead and the terrible talking heads with a JRPG, Jas. Then another. Then another. Imagine that the Direct was almost entirely JRPGs, with the odd break for games like My Friend Pedro. Then the final game lands, and when the smoke clears, they show that Nintendo have let Zelda and Link star in a traditional Square Enix JRPG - turn-based battles, anime boobs, and all.

You may say that's not so very different from the majority of Directs... Anyway, that's what it felt like to me. I can't stand procedural generation (stop me if you've heard this before (not you OR)), and this Direct seemed to be 90% roguelike or roguelite games. Suffice to say it wasn't pretty good for me.

That said, I've got no doubt that my games are coming, and there were some that looked enjoyable. Any idea whether Katana Zero is ProcGen? I presume Pedro isn't.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2019 - 20:53

I was a little underwhelmed as Cuphead and another 2D Zelda had been leaked ages ago but still, I like the look of

Cuphead, I've still not played it and it's not on Game Pass as it's not an MS first party game they only publish it. I think it will be great on a handheld and is getting things like Xbox Achievements that unless it does come to Game Pass (like many 3rd party games etc do), I may pick up on Switch (the physical version).

Neo Cab, looks like what I'd imagine VA-11 HALL-A would be but instead of a barmaid you're a cabby.

Creature In The Well, could be interesting but I've still got another pinball game called Yoku's Island to play

Red Lantern, mainly due to Ashly Burch

Cadence of Hyrule, it's a Zelda universe game means I will buy it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2019 - 21:19

Balladeer wrote:
Mmm...  Imagine if they'd followed Cuphead and the terrible talking heads with a JRPG, Jas.  Then another.  Then another.  Imagine that the Direct was almost entirely JRPGs, with the odd break for games like My Friend Pedro.  Then the final game lands, and when the smoke clears, they show that Nintendo have let Zelda and Link star in a traditional Square Enix JRPG - turn-based battles, anime boobs, and all.

You may say that's not so very different from the majority of Directs...  Anyway, that's what it felt like to me.  I can't stand procedural generation (stop me if you've heard this before (not you OR)), and this Direct seemed to be 90% roguelike or roguelite games.  Suffice to say it wasn't pretty good for me.

That said, I've got no doubt that my games are coming, and there were some that looked enjoyable.  Any idea whether Katana Zero is ProcGen?  I presume Pedro isn't.

Isn't your first paragraph describing the last proper direct we had? Razz

Anyhow, I did roll my eyes a bit myself at the rogue-like genre popping up as much as it did, but as I've said before on here 1. it's a really popular genre at the minute & 2. even though it isn't your cup of tea the Switch is the perfect system for that genre which is why we're seeing so many. Out of all the games I mentioned above only Rad and Cadence of Hyrule have rogue like elements or proc gen, and I'm honestly quite surprised you aren't into CoH given it's a rhythm battle game at it's heart.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2019 - 21:35

Hence the first line of the second. Razz Link being smushed into a roguelike was the one that really got me, along with the sheer volume: I'd play and enjoy him popping up in almost any other genre, including a rhythm battle game that didn't have roguelike elements! I'd probably even give turn-based strategy a shot...

It certainly is a really popular genre at the minute, and in a way it makes sense: it's a cheapish way for indie developers to make comparatively few assets and get much more playtime out of them. I'm sure it takes them a bit of time to produce the algorithm as well, but I'm equally sure that for the same amount of development, a roguelike will give rise to more time than a deterministic adventure.

But the Direct, to me, was a sign that the popularity's gone too far. It's not the first one to be like that either.

Anyway, there were a couple of other games. I'm vaguely interested in Pedro and Cuphead, although I worry that the first will be too gruesome for me and the latter too hard. Blaster Master Zero II has echoes of Gunstar Heroes to it, which is always a good sign, and I'd probably play it if I wasn't neck-deep in cartoon rabbits. And I don't know whether Katana Zero is roguelike: it could go either way.

But finding out that RAD was RL made me lose interest in what looked a very promising game from very ppromising pedigree, and I was gutted to see the way in which Nintendo had chosen to loan out their stars to an indie. In a way it fits: in a way, given that even the enormous BotW had a hand-crafted world, it really doesn't. I'd have loved to see MMG, or Team Cherry, or Devolver get the Zelda licence to play with instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next