We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 23:40

Splatoon 2 Horde Mode looks like a lot of fun, so I'm up for that. I'm not 100% sold on ARMS - it looks like a lot of fun to play, but I hope there's some remotely substantial single player content to sink my teeth into. The Direct didn't really allay any of those concerns. Ah well, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 23:48

Splatoon 2 has me completely sold, but a July 21st release date is painfully far away. I get that it's a summer title but if it's so far off why not just announce the release date at e3?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 23:51

I'm thinking this direct even though it had some 2017 games in it was more of a focus on the next 4-6 months and E3 will be the next 6 months after that and beyond.

Now for me it looks like this on Switch
April - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris
May - Disgaea 5 Complete, Ultra Street Fighter II
June - ARMS
July - Splatoon 2

Along with all the indies and the things like Sonic Mania which is just Summer at the moment.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 0:10

ZeroJones wrote:
Have you bought tickets to The Frog Show?

I am the one who shall be delivering the frog show beat downs left & right.

----

Solid direct that - obviously most excited about Spla2n but I am also happy to see MH Stories will be getting a European release & hopefully it can create some more fans of that universe who then want to try out the main games.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 1:34

For most of my Direct life I've followed the action on Twitter rather than the actual presentation - so it was this morning. The Twittersphere was much less coherent on the Direct news than it normally is, but I think I got the gist.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 1:56

I'm going to assume the latest direct was the usual "please be excited for all of these pleasant but utterly unhypable games and expect actual announcements at later dates" affair and save myself the thirty minutes this would take watching it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 8:24

Went in with low expectations, and they were solidly met.  In fact I think I'm most excited by the 3DS: Hey! Pikkers, Ever Oasis, and MHS (sorry Jas, still no interest in the main games) all look grand.  Good to see Miitopia getting a Western release too.  Meanwhile Spla2n looked alright, ARMS still looked a bit meagre, and nothing else on the Switch really lodged in the brain apart from that blasphemous muck-up of the Tetris theme (that I kind of enjoyed).

Also: Payday 2.  Who gives a flying at this point?  'A lot of Payday 2 content' suggests not all of it as well.  Shambles. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 10:01

Balladeer wrote:

Also: Payday 2.  Who gives a flying at this point?  'A lot of Payday 2 content' suggests not all of it as well.  Shambles. Rolling Eyes

Seen similar in the NLife comments, the consoles versions aren't very good already and the Switch sure is more powerful then PS360 but not as PS4ONE and if they aren't great versions doesn't give me much hope for the Switch version.

The game from what I was reading was made for DLC, the devs have said buy the PC version to people on consoles who have brought up I don't know bad frame rate.

On STEAM, it's £20 and if it it's the same maybe even £25 on Switch and we can get similar lot like to Jas has with R6 or like we do with Overwatch, then it might be worth it but I'm not paying more then that for a game from 2013 which won't be some new remaster or something.

Japan at least are getting a Senran Kagura game Cheeky
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 10:45

Yeah Payday 2 is a very very odd choice especially if it's to fill the fps gap on Switch, I could probably name about 5 others that are not only better but more recent too.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 18:00

masofdas wrote:

Japan at least are getting a Senran Kagura game Cheeky

I saw what Scullion shared of this, withe developers wobbling puddings and squeezing balloons to perfect their boob physics. I mean . . . Duh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 18:08

I'm sold
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 20:12

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

(Primarily at the developer rather than Mas.)
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2017 - 5:50

Oo Senran game, count me in.. maybe ( oh who am I kidding )

Also liking the Fate stay game
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 9:01

I might even play the FE game myself this time!

ARMS still looks a bit shit - I didn't have the heart to skip ahead, so I deliberately went and got breakfast while the sample fight was going on
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 17 Apr 2017 - 18:08

I feel the need to defend ARMS, as it looks like it could be good fun. But I can't at the moment. They just haven't shown enough, and frankly it doesn't look like there's going to be enough. Six characters thus far, and no sign of anything substantial in one-player.

It's odd: they seem to be targeting the hardcore fighting crowd, going on about the depth of the gameplay ad nauseam. But (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think the hardcore fighting crowd are going to go for what still looks like the motion-controlled lovechild of Wii Sports Boxing and Tank Troopers.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 17 Apr 2017 - 18:41

The hardcore fighting game lot barely tolerate SMASH.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon 17 Apr 2017 - 21:51

Balladeer wrote:

It's odd: they seem to be targeting the hardcore fighting crowd, going on about the depth of the gameplay ad nauseam.  But (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think the hardcore fighting crowd are going to go for what still looks like the motion-controlled lovechild of Wii Sports Boxing and Tank Troopers.

I can't see the hardcore fighting game crowd taking to ARMS either - if it ain't your traditional 2D fighter á la Street Fighter or Marvel Vs. Capcom, they're usually not interested. As Mas says, Smash is barely tolerated and I think the only reason it still turns up at EVO and other big multi-game tournaments is because it pulls in crazy numbers from more casual viewers.

I totally agree with what you're saying in regards to it not looking substantial enough at the moment - it looks like a lot of fun to play, but so did Street Fighter V and that launched with fuck all to do besides battle online. If there was nobody around, then you were stuck with next to nothing in regards to additional modes. I want ARMS to tempt me with a story mode of the calibre (no pun intended) of Soul Calibur II or even Brawl.

I'm getting real SFV vibes from ARMS right now, which is going to translate into me waiting till post launch when new modes are released, by which time I suspect the ship may have sailed. Prove me wrong, ARMS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 16:27

ARMS DIRECT

11pm tomorrow. Might show some of that singleplayer content you're all so worried about, even though that's irrelevant Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 19:05

11pm tomorrow?! Just when I have a job interview the next day... still, well up for more ARMS infoknowledge. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 19:57

I'll follow it up later (or earlier I guess), neither of the two games really gets my blood flowing that much. Hoping for that campaign mode mind, that's the difference between a buy and a not-buy for me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 20:12

I called the ARMS FROGS only direct, didn't I? Not going to lie I'm more excited about the SPLAAAAAAATOOOOON trailer that'll be at the end of it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 20:33

SPLATOOON!
SPLATOOOON!
SPLLAAATOOOOOOOONN!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 21:23

ARMS?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 22:31

FROGS!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 22:38

Makes sense to talk about this now before E3 where it will be either out or just days away from coming out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next