We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 21:14

Apart from that roguelike co-op. magic game - what the heck was that and why was it there?

When I first saw CrossCode, I thought it looked too busy for me (a Smash veteran) to play and that it could get stuffed. Then the trailer took a chill pill and started to look half-decent. It has my attention.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 22:49

Wizard of Legend?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 23:50

Balladeer wrote:
Apparently there's another game doing something similar to SWQ coming out soon, called Slay the Spire.  If it launches too close to SWQ it might find its sales... compromised.

It's a roguelike, though, so as far as I'm concerned that's what it deserves.

STS has a pretty big following elsewhere so I wouldn't count it out. People like Roguelikes, you know. For me its the card battling I'm not fussed about, so I guess I still won't get around to playing a Steamworldbgame.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 19:47

So another Direct tomorrow night at 10pm, what's everyone expecting/hoping for?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 19:47

A new 2D Zelda Disappointment! Bounce

Nah I'm not really hoping for anything, other than a couple of cool surprise games for the first half of the year that aren't Wii U ports.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 19:52

A reason to turn my Switch on
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 20:03

Interested to see if this rumoured game will appear.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/nintendo_readying_one_unannounced_switch_title_lfans_would_be_delighted_to_know_about
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 20:53

I got mega-excited about all of the Indie games on that last one; so, I'm just going to be happy if they talk about anything Nintendo-y - except for Fire Emblem perhaps.

Oh.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 21:06

Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing (doubt we will see that) is what's keeping remotely interested in Nintendo.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 21:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 21:15

Come on, Mas.  Every time a multiplat game comes out on Switch, you say you're going to buy it on something else, for some reason or other.  Sometimes the reasons are good, sometimes they're barely present, and sometimes it feels like anybody who had the slightest interest in portable play would make the opposite decision.  I've got 'Every console has one slow year in its first two' in my signature on GRcade because I'm sick of people there moaning that 'SWITCH HAZ NO GAEMZ' (ignoring what is as objectively as possible one of the best launch years for a console ever), but that doesn't even seem like your problem: you have the games, you just choose not to play them there.

I get that because of how you game, the amount you game, the other machines you own, the choices you make, and the Switch exclusives you seem interested in (no mention of Daemon x, Pokémon 8, or LM3 in there?), there aren't that many Switch games for you; and that's fair enough, that's your call.  That said, given how many 'you's there are in that statement, more frequent acknowledgement of that alongside the Switch negativity would be nice.  Or just dialing back the Switch negativity?  

I mean... we know they're going to talk about FEH.  What do you want them to show about it?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 21:29

Sorry I can't be NINTENDO ARE THE BEST 24/7, and I was asked what I want to see and I'm being genuine that a reason to turn on my Switch would be nice to see in the direct such as Fire Emblem being dated.

I'm interested in the other game's you bring up especially Pokémon but when's that coming November that's not getting me to excited for the next few months.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 21:55

I know, and I don't think it's necessarily healthy for anyone to be 'NINTENDO ARE THE BEST 24/7'!  (Apart from Drunka who seems to be doing quite well out of it.)  I do find the combination of 'I have nothing to play on Switch' and 'here are several things to play on Switch that I'm going to play not on Switch' a bit jarring though.  Maybe it's just me.  Nintendo is pretty good right now!

If nothing else, I suppose it's a healthier view for a Direct than, 'I can't wait for new 2D Zelda and Mario Maker 2 and a new Paper Mario and and and' that I've seen elsewhere.  Anyway I'm pretty sure we'll get FEH dated: Animal Crossing I wouldn't be surprised if it's held back until E3.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's not either, though. 🤷
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 22:15

This is the best thing I've seen on twitter all day.

https://twitter.com/akfamilyhomeak/status/1095341702825467905/photo/1
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 22:24

Balladeer wrote:
I know, and I don't think it's necessarily healthy for anyone to be 'NINTENDO ARE THE BEST 24/7'!  (Apart from Drunka who seems to be doing quite well out of it.)  I do find the combination of 'I have nothing to play on Switch' and 'here are several things to play on Switch that I'm going to play not on Switch' a bit jarring though.  Maybe it's just me.  Nintendo is pretty good right now!

If nothing else, I suppose it's a healthier view for a Direct than, 'I can't wait for new 2D Zelda and Mario Maker 2 and a new Paper Mario and and and' that I've seen elsewhere.  Anyway I'm pretty sure we'll get FEH dated: Animal Crossing I wouldn't be surprised if it's held back until E3.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's not either, though. 🤷

I guess the difference is Switch is your preferred method to play a game and totally get why it is for a lot of people due to the portability, where its my least preferred method and the portability doesn't bother me.

I know you might say some of my reasons of why I'd get a game on one of the other two consoles to be silly but to me they're are more important than what the Switch offers as a console.

I am that guy who buys Nintendo systems for Nintendo games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 22:27

Don't need to see anything. I already have more games than I can play on my switch and its the business. Anything they show will be a bonus and a treat.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 22:42

Drunkalilly wrote:
Don't need to see anything. I already have more games than I can play on my switch and its the business. Anything they show will be a bonus and a treat.

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 Tenor

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2019 - 22:53

From Reddit:

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 NaCLPGw

...I see I'm not alone in the optimism department for Mother news. Laughing

I'm looking forward to seeing some Fire Emblem Three Houses footage - show me a couple of new mechanics, give me a date and we'll be sorted. I'd quite like to see some Joker gameplay for SSBU too as he'll be coming out next month, I'd imagine. Anything else, as Mr. Lilly said, will be a bonus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 8:01

If Nintendo don’t show a new Chibi Robo they’re dead to me.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 13:39

I want to see how I can shag all my fire emblem waifus.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 14:08

JayMoyles wrote:
From Reddit:

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 NaCLPGw

I'm looking forward to seeing some Fire Emblem Three Houses footage - show me a couple of new mechanics, give me a date and we'll be sorted. I'd quite like to see some Joker gameplay for SSBU too as he'll be coming out next month, I'd imagine. Anything else, as Mr. Lilly said, will be a bonus.

Not sure if true but I'm sure I saw that Nintendo was planning to bring Mother 3 to the west and I don't mean on GBA but Wii U VC or something but due to sensitive content aren't, this was news this week on Nintendo Life or another based site.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 19:45

Let me get that for you Mas. Sorry Jay. I reckon the Magypsies were always going to be a hard sell in the West, sadly.

Two and a bit hours - anybody else Skyping? I know Mas is busy tasting the rainbow.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 22:43

According to the chat that was the worst direct ever and Nintendo were personally and deliberately committing psychological violence on their fans, but even on dodgy konbini Wi-Fi I saw at least five must have games and one of them was a complete surprise.

(My kindle tried to correct surprise to syrup purist and I was tempted to leave it)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 22:47

Should have gone with it.

I thought it was an absolute belter. I did feel for Cappa and Jas, though - felt very JRPG-centric. I thought Astral Chain was going to be another one and really hammer that nail in, but it wasn't. And then the ending note...

I'm going to have to pull back my expectations for E3 now (or the Direct that just happens to happen around E3 time, whatever), because I can't see how they'll top his for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 22:53

If I were a betting man, I'd say the e3 direct won't feature anything new but we'll get a nice look at all the games we know about. And considering the number of Switch games currently stretching my trousers, I've no issue with that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 23:03

Drunkalilly wrote:
I want to see how I can shag all my fire emblem waifus.

They're school kids. Shocked

masofdas wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
From Reddit:

Not sure if true but I'm sure I saw that Nintendo was planning to bring Mother 3 to the west and I don't mean on GBA but Wii U VC or something but due to sensitive content aren't, this was news this week on Nintendo Life or another based site.

On a more optimistic note, they said the same thing about the issues with the Dali paintings and some of the themes in Earthbound and that saw a rerelease.

As for the Direct... yeah, it was a good 'un. Fire Emblem looked decent although I'm concerned about how much micromanaging might go into the teaching aspect. The characters looked alright - there was nothing as blatant as bloody Camilla and I hope the game will steer away from having your protagonist being too much of a featured part of the story.

I need to see more of Astral Chains, but it looked the business. Solid stuff, Ninty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next