We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 19:20

Why would I? I played it once, it didn't feel like it had a whole bunch of replayability, and it's had a superior sequel which I couldn't even be bothered with the DLC for. 🤷

I barely noticed LoH. It sure did look like a JRPG.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 19:26

Well it was awhile ago (10+ years maybe), you seemed to like it a lot (maybe not as much as I thought if you think 2 is better and didn't play the DLC) and has a new coat of paint.

Yeah LoH does look like a normal JRPG but I know Athrun really liked and seems to be some buzz around the series (I might actually own the first two lol) that worth giving the demo ago at least.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 27 Mar 2020 - 7:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 20:51

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean, I quite like the 2k games coming in. X-Com 2 is an out and out banger tactics/strategy game (runs a bit piss though, terribly badly optimised on PC so I expect the port will be a bit shit).

Don't give much of a toss about anything else.

Never played a King's Bounty game Mas. Maybe it's alright, looks very dry from the footage shown.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020 - 0:07

I bloody liked a bunch of that Whistle

And it ranks as a top-tier Direct just by virtue of confirming that ARMS isn't dead yet.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020 - 0:09

Balladeer wrote:

I'd cut them some slack for coronavirus, but honestly it's how I've felt since the beginning of the year, before the infection set in in earnest.

Friendly reminder that it has been a big issue since the start of the year here in Asia
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020 - 1:16

Buskalilly wrote:
I bloody liked a bunch of that Whistle

And it ranks as a top-tier Direct just by virtue of confirming that ARMS isn't dead yet.

If we get a sequel by the end of the year then that'd be something to shout about.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020 - 7:52

Jas didn't you say you've got X-Com 2 on PS4, how does it run on that? I do X-Com 1 on VITA and let's just say it's playable that Switch might be the game case, if what you're saying about 2 on PC Muss.

Yeah the virus has been in Asia longer but we heard long before this year for what this year Switch will be like. I do think though we will see another big game later this year though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020 - 16:35

I do have it in my ps4 library but I've never actually downloaded XCOM 2 so I can't tell you how well it runs.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020 - 23:02

Buskalilly wrote:
Friendly reminder that it has been a big issue since the start of the year here in Asia

While appreciating the friendliness of the reminder and acknowledging my cluelessness of the region, I thought it was mostly Korea and China?  Was Japan as badly hit?

masofdas wrote:
Well it was awhile ago (10+ years maybe), you seemed to like it a lot (maybe not as much as I thought if you think 2 is better and didn't play the DLC) and has a new coat of paint.

I really struggle to get out of bed for a new coat of paint then.  I liked it lots, but as a one-time thing.  In general I only replay a few very choice low-pressure games, with Mario RPGs being near the top of the pile.

Panzer Dragoon has been (ohoho) shot down in the press, so I'm down to three things I liked. On the plus side, Good Job! seems to have been well received, so I'll probably acquire that.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020 - 23:08

It's [X-Com2] also about 30 gigs (without the dlc) and 70 gigs with it Drama queen

It probably runs alright on PS4 to be fair, they'll have just dialled back some of the settings. When I say it runs a bit piss on pc, I mean that it tends to overheat graphics cards far more than it should if you have things lie anti-aliasing on. For the switch, I'd just expect the load times to be a mess. But who knows, maybe they won't.

I don't own ARMS anymore. I think when I had it I was living with really piss internet. I'm up for trying out the free trial with folks again though Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020 - 23:33

Balladeer wrote:
While appreciating the friendliness of the reminder and acknowledging my cluelessness of the region, I thought it was mostly Korea and China?  Was Japan as badly hit?

In terms of infections, no, but thats because Japan took a lot of precautions very early. Particularly in big cities like Tokyo and Kyoto, people have been self-isolating and working from home since pretty early on. Schools closed and events were cancelled a month or two ago.

The other thing is that Japan's testing has been very poor and the government have been trying very hard to not admit the seriousness of the issue for the sake of the economy. It may be that we have what y'all are going through in our future.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020 - 8:10

@Balla I guess the question would be if this year's going to go how I think on Switch, does that make a Xenoblade more likely to be picked up due to not a lot else or is it going to be well I've not played Fire Emblem (just an example) and lots liked it lets play that.

I just put my thoughts out on Panzer Dragoon, I don't disagree with the reviews etc and I do think it's overpriced but I also got what I wanted Panzer Dragoon but could we just had the original part of SEGA Ages or something. I still also think if you like Star Fox, this is still better #SEGA4LIFE
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptySat 28 Mar 2020 - 16:59

I'm not sure much I absorbed of the last two Directs. You know what the problem is? Too many games are coming out.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 18:57

masofdas wrote:
@Balla I guess the question would be if this year's going to go how I think on Switch, does that make a Xenoblade more likely to be picked up due to not a lot else or is it going to be well I've not played Fire Emblem (just an example) and lots liked it lets play that.

I guess, and that's what happened with me and WWHD. I just can't ever see myself getting to that point with the Switch. I may moan about dry periods, but that's less because I have nowt to play and more because I want to see the Switch go on to be Nintendo's best machine ever, combining both handheld and home console in a wonderful cavalcade of games. I'm not short of stuff to play, and I'm going to prioritise new experiences over slightly altered ones I've already played in the last ten years (I think?), however good those may be. There are exceptions but they're few and far between.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 19:17

I can't say I was particularly impressed by that Direct, all told.

There were only two parts that interested me, which were Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and the ARMS in Smash reveal. I'm a sucker for Smash as you all know, so any news for that was always going to be a plus for me, and XC:DE will likely be my road to experiencing the game in a proper form as opposed to a half-baked 3DS port.

But beyond that... yeesh. There were a lot of ports in there that I couldn't give a toss about. I was also severely underwhelmed by Bravely Default 2 - I rolled my eyes at all the mentions of crystals as that seems so incredibly passé now, and the gameplay didn't seem like anything to write home about. I guess I should check out the demo to see how it actually plays.

But aye, not looking like a super hot Q2 for the Switch in my book!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 19:40

I still think Bravely 2 will be good. They just utterly stuffed the showcase. Five minutes of traditional JRPG, minus any story or pyrotechnics, does not a good trailer make.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2020 - 10:10

Balladeer wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I guess, and that's what happened with me and WWHD. I just can't ever see myself getting to that point with the Switch. I may moan about dry periods, but that's less because I have nowt to play and more because I want to see the Switch go on to be Nintendo's best machine ever, combining both handheld and home console in a wonderful cavalcade of games. I'm not short of stuff to play, and I'm going to prioritise new experiences over slightly altered ones I've already played in the last ten years (I think?), however good those may be. There are exceptions but they're few and far between.

Now I ask with the Mario stuff, how you feel with that likely going to be the big stuff for 2020 which does include a new Paper Mario but also four older games in some form.

Does make the year a odd one that a lot of great games and new content for a bunch like SMASH & Pokémon but lot available already. I seen someone say the Switch has one of the best libraries you'll find of any systems ever but the one with the least amount of unique content.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 14:54

Good question. I guess it depends how redeveloped the games feel. Link's Awakening, for example, felt like a properly new game, despite really being a remake of an old one: if they do that for SM64 (or Sunshine, or Galaxy( then I think that'd be a great focal point for the year. If they just shiny it up then 🤷
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 15:46

We will see what rumours are true or not also what can still make 2020
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 17:15

Whether or not the rumours are true, we won't be finding out in June. It's going to be a long wait for the next proper Direct and a slow year is almost guaranteed. It's understandable but frustrating.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 17:51

I wonder when we will get official Mario news as that feels like something you want to hype up not do a direct in October for them to come out in November.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 8:13

Fair enough, I hope everyone at Nintendo stays safe, and I commend them massively for taking measures to protect their staff even though the country at large is responding underwhelmingly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 19:28

Yep, that. It's really easy to get caught up in the gaming side of Nintendo being affected as the same humanitarian crisis as everyone else. I hope they all stay safe and well, and that everyone on the Internet is able to adjust their expectations accordpffffftHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 22:58

There was a Treehouse today. It showed off some more Paper Mario and promised the reveal of a new WayForward game based on a third-party licence.

It's safe to say that people were a leetle disappointed when said licence turned out to be Bakugan and same game looked a little bobbins.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 1:08

WTF, Bakugan still exists?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next