We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 8:20

I read that viewers shut off the stream in their tens of thousands as soon as that was announced, they didn't even hang about to see the whole trailer.

I also read that Nintendo don't have any firm release dates announced for anything after this Friday, is that right?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 9:13

From looking the next big'ish game would be Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remaster on Aug 27th, because of the GameCube connection seems more Nintendo even though also on PS4.

Then few older 3rd party ports but nothing exciting like a Witcher 3 and some newer ones that are released on everything at the same time like LEGO Star Wars or FIFA 21.

Bakugan is the next after that in November in terms of exclusive after Paper Mario.

It doesn't look great but after this Friday PlayStation has no exclusives with a confirmed date and on Xbox after the end of the month but both those will get Tony Hawk, Cyberpunk, Avengers, Dirt 5 and new consoles where will see Spider-Man and Halo.

That it's not really any different on the three systems just the Switch gets less 3rd party games.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 12 Jul 2020 - 16:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 9:35

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 Decada-2020
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 9:58

I remember reading a Nintendo investment briefing or something a few weeks ago, saying that at this stage no existing release dates had been moved (but that games would start to be delayed if the COVID arrangements carried on).  That stunned me to be honest.  It suggests that Nintendo’s 2020 H1 was always meant to look like this.  (Can’t find the article now though.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 10:09

Thing is at one point seemed lots going to be delayed et, yet still seeing a lot meant to becoming out in 2020 coming out in 2020, along with Sony & MS able to launch 4 SKU's (likely) this year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 10:17

And yet we have this:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/gamestops_internal_database_lists_multiple_new_skus_for_nintendo_switch
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 10:38

Has been a rumor of a direct on July 20th which comes after Paper Mario and the whole nothing announced for second half of the year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 10:49

I've seen those rumours. They make perfect sense. I think that (and getting my hopes up unnecessarily) is why I'm assuming Nintendo won't do it.

The_Jaster wrote:
And yet we have this:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/gamestops_internal_database_lists_multiple_new_skus_for_nintendo_switch

We're in the point in the Switch's life cycle where I would consider buying a new one. Especially if it came with menu music. Shifty
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 20:37

That's a listing for games though, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 22:54

Yeah it's for a bunch of games, likely the Mario ones or something
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySat 11 Jul 2020 - 22:57

Duh! I assumed that SKUs referred to new Switch builds. Well, we’ll see: new games could be anything, from BotW2 to Sticker Star HD.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 12 Jul 2020 - 10:32

I had a vision and I'm predicting we will see Super Mario 3D Deluxe with all the stuff from both Land & World, Mario Golf, Kirby and XCloud.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 12 Jul 2020 - 11:09

Introducing our new column: Mystic Mas.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 12 Jul 2020 - 12:59

Balladeer wrote:
Introducing our new column: Mystic Mas.

Mas humming and lightly stroking his Crystal Xbox. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 12 Jul 2020 - 16:18

How did you remember my Xbox is Crystal?

I don't know why those things just came to me, but from twitter seems Football or a mixed sports game would go down better than Golf.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 12 Jul 2020 - 22:44

Mystic mas wrote:

How did you remember my Xbox is Crystal?

Duh! Because you are Mystic mas.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptySun 12 Jul 2020 - 23:37

I'm pretty sure you said on here that you bought one. I had one too, but got rid of it Sad They are oddly beautiful, in a monstrous way. Like Godzilla with a bit of lippy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 13 Jul 2020 - 3:09

I would play a Mario Golf right now, but of course I'd prefer strikers.

I cant remember, was Tennis any good?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 13 Jul 2020 - 8:06

Tennis was okay, I played it during that free weekend
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 13 Jul 2020 - 19:07

And there's a tagline. I'd love a bit of Golf or Strikers. I think Tennis needs some time to reflect on where it's been going wrong.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptyMon 13 Jul 2020 - 19:25

A full-blown console Mario Golf would be a day one purchase for me. And considering most Mario Switch titles crack a million copies, it's certainly a series they could knock out fairly quickly (says the man with zero experience of how to make a golf game). I couldn't get into Mario Strikers.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2020 - 15:40

So Mini Direct yesterday which I went in with zero expectations after they said it be stuff from partners that already been announced.

All I could think of was Bravely Default II.

That I was sort of pleased with it as out of the 5 games shown the two SMT games I'm excited about (SMT III is coming to PS4) that for me that was enough

I also will get Cadence now being physical with all that content.

The WWE game looks trash though and not sure on Rogue Company it could be a okay shooter but I will likely try it on Xbox One.

Still I'm likely going to play 4 out of 5 games, I wouldn't be shocked to see WWE on Game Pass that I would give it a bash.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2020 - 17:06

Some of the anger I've seen over this direct mini is so bizarre to me (I guess folk really are that bored right now), I literally found out about it half an hour before it was due to air so expectations were already low but when I seen it was 8 minutes long they went even lower. Now not a lot interested me but I was still super happy to see the Cadence of Hyrule dlc news which I think is one of the most underrated Switch games of last year.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2020 - 17:53

With Jas on this one - I adored Cadence of Hyrule and I'm keen for all the DLC they've announced (especially the inclusion of Skull Kid and his masks). Not particularly interested in the other announcements (I never got on with Shin Megami Tensei IV) but I'm not sure why people are so radge about the Direct. I guess people on the internet will always find something to be furious about.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2020 - 18:02

I could get maybe a Cappa being annoyed as doubt he'll be bothered about the two SMT games, that he's got then three games which also might not be his thing.

But sounds like more of these mini directs might happen and in the next one is 5 games with none I care for but 3 he does. That really need to wait till they're all done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next