We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things

Go down 
+21
flora-chan
Rum
Cube
Treesmurf
oldschool
gjones
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Sylveon
Gogoata
ZeroJones
Fastpie
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 11:03

I'm not the biggest model kit guy, though I am sometimes tempted . . .
I reckon I will have to buy at least one robot in disguise before the end of the year though. It'd be weird not to!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 22:06

Yesterday (several months ago) I was at Comic-Con and, being the martial arts enthusiast I am, I swung by the 'The Sword Stall' to look at their toys. And they had a really nice selection, so nice that I had to spend an hour talking to a helpful moustache man about each of the katana's specs (length, weight, material etc.) My friends got bored at one point and went for snacks. Eventually however, I persuaded myself that I had to have one...
...this one:
Meet Sasha, my new best friend.
Any other lovers of shiny metallic objects? Or collectors of weapons?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 22:23

I do love swords, but I've never really thought about buying one. I'd definitely never buy a gun.

It all seems a bit Edgelog the Hedgehog to me.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 22:52

There are some interesting people who buy katana and other weapons because it makes them unique and "cool" (You know, neckbeards). But I'm fairly certain these people are vastly outnumbered by collectors(who tend to have some kind of academic interest), martial artists and people who just want something cool to put on their mantelpiece(Not that I recommend putting a deadly weapon on your mantelpiece).
I'm in the same boat as you on guns though, I put it down to having only very minimal training in firearms I just wouldn't feel comfortable handling one. They also don't look as good.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 23:01

Blimey, DUCK! I get antsy buying a new set of knives for the kitchen. Shocked That's the main reason I don't see myself buying a sword - a minor reason is that it would be difficult to put somewhere that the cats wouldn't hurt themselves on it.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 23:31

Haha, my parents take a similarly nervous view of it. Especially when I put it back in it's scabbard because they think I'll stab myself through the hand (When you put a katana away correctly you're not supposed to look at it, you just run the blunt edge along your thumb and forefinger until you reach the tip and then slide the blade gently into the scabbard.)
You can buy stainless steel swords that have nice handles and scabbards and none of the functionality of a real sword, if you super glue it shut you could fix it to the wall and it's still look nice. Just never try to fight with a stainless steel blade* because it will either shatter on impact with anything or fall out of the handle because they're rarely correctly secured(google "tang (weaponry)"). Not that I'm trying to sell you anything, I just really like swords.

*Not that you'll ever be in a situation where you'll be expected to Tongue
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 23:48

I like swords too - they're useful if it's dangerous to go alone. I'll always have a quick look at a sword stand in a convention or a wedding fair... I just don't see myself owning one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 2:39

Duck, Is this you? Winky Face

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 7:32

ZeroJones wrote:
I like swords too - they're useful if it's dangerous to go alone. I'll always have a quick look at a sword stand in a convention or a wedding fair... I just don't see myself owning one.

Saw the words 'sword' and 'wedding' and got quite excited about your upcoming marriage. Alas, then I reread the post. Aww!

I like the principle of having a sword, even though I'd never do anything with it. There is a part of me that is always Edgey McEdgeface from my childhood.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 9:17

The_Jaster wrote:
Spoiler:

I think I just cut my finger on the edge in that. Laughing

Seriously though I love swords. Beautiful things. Wouldn't want a blunt one though, half the allure for me is the sense of danger they have.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 10:53

Sweet sword you have there! I had two swords when I was a teenager (back when you could buy anything online with a Solo card). Let's just say that my parents weren't happy when that package arrived!

It's definitely worth getting some oil and a sharpener to maintain them. In terms of having a sword in your bedroom, it's no different to having a baseball bat other than the fact you can't really use it for sport *hides pile of sliced ping pong balls* . They definitely have an ornamental purpose which can't be said for the likes of crossbows, guns and other weapons.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016 - 20:41

I've seen them at conventions a few times, but they were normally stainless steel ones. Personally, I think I'd have to buy plastic or wood because there's no way I'd resist the urge to play.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016 - 16:00

Traded in most of the retro I got yesterday and I was shocked to get £34 for it thanks mainly to the Cube & DC games, with my credit I got FIFA 17. Sorry PES fans, I do normally play both like last year I played FIFA 16 on ONE and PES 2016 on PS4 but I like the look of the story mode in FIFA 17 and #FucKonami.

Also got
Panic! At the Disco - Death of Bachelor on Vinyl and Two Shirts which I'll have to take back as they don't fit even though they're the same size and make as two shirts I own.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 15:31

I've punted over fifty Wii, Wii U and DS games into GAME over the last couple of days (with the plan of using the credit to get a Switch). I'm in the land of milk and honey though, so I used some of the credit to get Rhythm Paradise Remix on 3DS as well as Carmageddon and Monster Jam on the PS4.

I also bought a PS2 Slim in Shelter this morning - all the cables, two pads, two memory cards and a load of Eyetoy stuff for £15. It looks in good nick - fingers crossed that it works.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 16:46

Cappa will like this one as I got Deus Ex Mankind Divided for £7 on PS4 in work in the sale.

Why didn't you use the credit right there and then on the Switch preorder before getting tempted by something else?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 21:21

Isn't it GAME that put the £999 price tag on the Switch? Obviously as a placeholder but I'd be weary pre-ordering anything with that "price" on.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 21:31

They did online as that's something like the highest price they go up to online but Cappa seeing he has credit would get in-store like me where you don't need to worry about them suddenly taking £999 out of your bank.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2016 - 0:41

Got me Jessica Jones on the new fangled Dee Vee Dee discs you young'uns are always harpin' on about. Thumbs Up! I've even watched some - creepy! Pale No
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 13:40

Picked up Resident Evil 4 on PS4 (the physical one), as well as the wife buying Stardew Valley in the Steam sale (the cheeky mare). I still have The Witcher 3 GOTY staring at me which needs to be played in 2017 before it becomes a game I simply never play.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 17:59

First charity shop finds of 2017:

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 IMG_20170105_145524_zpsiipmjdpu

99p each. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 18:08

Ducking hell. Do the shops near you just not even google their stock? Dark Cloud has got to be with a pretty penny.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 18:11

£25 on eBay, but soon I will have a picture to put of a even better deal then Cappa.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 18:49

If the bottom left one doesn't play like a cross between Luigi's Mansion and The Wind Waker... well, I've been misled by the picture. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 19:13

You have indeed been misled. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 19:36

Butts. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next