We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things

Go down 
+21
flora-chan
Rum
Cube
Treesmurf
oldschool
gjones
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Sylveon
Gogoata
ZeroJones
Fastpie
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 20:13

Muss wrote:
Ducking hell. Do the shops near you just not even google their stock? Dark Cloud has got to be with a pretty penny.

Those were from the same charity shop that (on seperate occasions) sold me Twilight Princess GC, Starfox Assault and multiple copies of SSBM, Sunshine and Wind Waker for between 99p and two quid each, and a boxed SNES with Yoshi's Island for under a fiver. I'm guessing that they've never heard of Google...!

ZeroJones wrote:
If the bottom left one doesn't play like a cross between Luigi's Mansion and The Wind Waker... well, I've been misled by the picture. Winky Face

I rented Dark Cloud back in the day, and it stuck me as a bit of a Ocarina of Time homage. It didn't really seem to have much going for it on it's own merit. I wish it played like Luigi's Mansion.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 20:16

The sequel is better and I hope that one of my predictions this year is Dark Cloud 3
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 15:54

Tell me that this isn't the greatest £1.14 that's ever been spent:

[img]Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 IMG_20170107_154122_zps8b3uwkge[/img]

Football, hockey and pro wrestling video games done right. Two of them also came with old reciepts:

[img]Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 IMG_20170107_154132_zpsitfje14v[/img]

Anyone who played WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It in 2001 can surely empathise with whoever planted £45 on it when it launched. I was absolutely gutted to find that the season mode lasted an hour, and almost suicidal when I found out that Rob Van Dam wasn't in it. Got Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit though Dance

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 IMG_20170107_154152_zpsnwwcezct

Quite chuffed to have saved 99.9685534591% on what someone originally paid for this...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 17:14

I really hope that copy of PES came with a PS2!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 17:48

Yeah no way PES on its own was £160.

I has a bundle of weirdness from Japanese cum today
Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 C1lPjN1W8AAv_ag
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 17:54

masofdas wrote:

I has a bundle of weirdness from Japanese cum today

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 Z2HMInV
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:15

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:44

I wanna say "tagline" but I think that'd be pushing good taste a little bit . . .
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:50

Was this in the bundle?

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 S954123272501114376_p19_i2_w2560

I'm asking for a friend.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:56

@Drunka it could be used when something like Hatsune Miku comes to Switch

@Muss it didn't sorry, this was just the auction I won out of the auctions I was bidding.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:00

My goodness me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 20:17

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Tell me that this isn't the greatest £1.14 that's ever been spent:

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 <a href=Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 IMG_20170107_154122_zps8b3uwkge" />

Football, hockey and pro wrestling video games done right. Two of them also came with old reciepts:

Anyone who played WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It in 2001 can surely empathise with whoever planted £45 on it when it launched. I was absolutely gutted to find that the season mode lasted an hour, and almost suicidal when I found out that Rob Van Dam wasn't in it. Got Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit though Dance

Quite chuffed to have saved 99.9685534591% on what someone originally paid for this...

Man after my own heart with this one! Just Bring It was flawed and let's be honest, it was Smackdown 3 for the PS1 beefed up and put on PS2. Shut Your Mouth (which followed the year after) made such a big leap and remains my favourite Smackdown game. Nonetheless, I have so many great memories with this game. It was full-blown over-the-top WWF and I'm sure I spent tens if not hundreds of hours on the 1-player mode, and plenty more on the multiplayer. All I remember is some hefty ol' loading screens so I may have to pick this one up.

PES 5 was amazing (until PES 6 Adriano-kicked it to the side) but imagine it is a bit gash these days. Had it on the OG Xbox and remember playing it online on Xbox Live against randoms. Good times were had! After PES 4 I believe PES 5 was the one where EVERYTHING was a foul, but it inevitably became superior after adjusting to its intricacies.

Not an NHL guy myself but Hitz was the one that had a fighting mini-game in it right? Probably worth 10p just for that.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 6:48

gjones wrote:

Man after my own heart with this one! Just Bring It was flawed and let's be honest, it was Smackdown 3 for the PS1 beefed up and put on PS2. Shut Your Mouth (which followed the year after) made such a big leap and remains my favourite Smackdown game. Nonetheless, I have so many great memories with this game. It was full-blown over-the-top WWF and I'm sure I spent tens if not hundreds of hours on the 1-player mode, and plenty more on the multiplayer. All I remember is some hefty ol' loading screens so I may have to pick this one up.

PES 5 was amazing (until PES 6 Adriano-kicked it to the side) but imagine it is a bit gash these days. Had it on the OG Xbox and remember playing it online on Xbox Live against randoms. Good times were had! After PES 4 I believe PES 5 was the one where EVERYTHING was a foul, but it inevitably became superior after adjusting to its intricacies.

Not an NHL guy myself but Hitz was the one that had a fighting mini-game in it right? Probably worth 10p just for that.

I feel exactly the same about the old SmackDown games. Even at the time I knew that Just Bring It was a bit crude, as it removed a lot of stuff that made Know Your Role so brilliant. I got a lot of enjoyment out of it all the same though. I stuck it on again yesterday afternoon and while it's definitely a bit ropey it's still quite easy to get to grips with. I see no reason whatsoever why WWE 2K18 can't be more like this.

Pro Evo 5 is a bit like Just Bring It - a little bit unpolished by the standards we're used to today, but it remains really good fun at heart. I can see how it's sort of a bit gash these days, but at the same time I could happily sit and play a Master League just like old times.

Yeah, that was Hitz. This version adds some of the more realistic aspects of hockey, which I don't particularly welcome myself. The 2002 version on GameCube is one of the best arcade-style sports games of all time - it's a rare kind of sports game that doesn't show it's age, at least gameplay-wise.

I'm having a really good time with these PS2 games. I'll seek out Splashdown next, following the recommendation you gave it elsewhere on the forum Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 15:39

gjones wrote:

PES 5 was amazing (until PES 6 Adriano-kicked it to the side) but imagine it is a bit gash these days. Had it on the OG Xbox and remember playing it online on Xbox Live against randoms. Good times were had! After PES 4 I believe PES 5 was the one where EVERYTHING was a foul, but it inevitably became superior after adjusting to its intricacies

Oh that was so damn annoying! I think the biggest issue was they tried to have a handball mechanic in there but it just happened way too often and broke up the flow of the game. I really didn't get on with the PES games on ps2 until PES 3 in fact me and my brothers still regularly played ISS pro evo 2 on ps1 over them for about 4 years.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 12:42

My pick ups of £200+ worth of games for £6

If you don't want to watch the video then here is the stuff in a picture
Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 C1-WgccW8AAWSny

You know about the Japanese games already which cost £2.20
The 3D controller cost £15
LEGO cost 77p
PAL Saturn games worth around £220 cost me £6
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 9:34

Speaking of Japanese exports and how they make the world a much nicer place. . .  Today finally marks the end of inability to buy things with mail back in proper service, and I've made damn good use of it!  Included in this haul: Kill La Kill complete series Blu-Ray, some more delicious Gundam model kits to torment Drunka and his addiction to Transformers, and the best darn 1/8 scale Pokemon Trainer Red Figure you'll ever lay eyes on!

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 Sam_1110

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 Sam_1112

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 Sam_1111
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 20:59

Don't you hate it when you walk into GAME to pre-order a Switch, everything goes bright, and you walk out carrying a Rowlet t-shirt?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 21:22

I can't wait to get me a Litten T-shirt. The only time I've seen one in any nearby GAME the queue was seven or eight people long and I was in a rush. Thumbs Down... Enjoy your Rowlet T-shirt, sir!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 23:31

Litten > Rowlet > Gender-confused Seel

FACT!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 8:27

Two wedding rings. Very Happy I really wanted to get a platinum one for myself, for hopefully obvious reasons (psst... Pokémon Thumbs Up! ), but they proved a bit too expensive, so it's palladium instead.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 11:55

Very nice sir! Pictures please?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:30

As soon as we get them, I can oblige! They're being sent from a warehouse in a galaxy far, far away. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:59

Picked up a bunch of Wii games (a few more like Toy Story Mania and Job Island for my daughter):

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 Img_2010

Had a bash on Rabbids Go Home and it's actually more fun than I thought it would be - essentially a collect-athon that is a bit Katamari Damacy (collecting random items to pile up your shopping trolley). My 4 year old was on the floor laughing her head off at the cutscenes - definitely a Minions-esque feel to them. All very bonkers.

Hoping to finally finish Twilight Princess - not played any of the others before.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 22:11

That's a haul of properly decent titles there!

@Athers: is Kill La Kill one of those anime where the Blu Ray is unrecognisable from the broadcast version?
Aslo, Popplio is bae.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 22:13

Smooth Moves and No More Heroes are absolute corkers. Enjoy! Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things   Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought II: Many Things
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next