We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.

Go down 
+6
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Balladeer
masofdas
Axis1500
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. Empty
PostSubject: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 24 Dec 2014 - 14:20

The 2014 thread worked out far better than I expected, so here's one for next year. Write what you expect from the big 3 in 2015, and then find out how right/wrong you are. Hours of fun! As always, you can change your predictions as much as you like until we hit 2015. After that, it's a lock.

Nintendo:
1. Nintendo will once again avoid a traditional E3 and continue the Nintendo Digital Event / Treehouse Live format which was so successful.
2. The first range of non-Smash amiibos will be Majora's Mask branded and feature amiibo of Link in various masks, etc.
3. (This is related to 2.) The New 3DS will launch in Europe and NA around the same time as Majora's Mask. The game was already confirmed to have N3DS specific functionality.
4. We will finally get a New Metroid announcement of some kind.
5. Iwata will still remain.
6. Xenoblade New 3DS will include Shulk Amiibo compatibility.

Sony:
1. The PS4 will continue to dramatically outsell every other console.
2. Sony's conferences will continue to be at least half an hour longer than they need to be.
3. The Order 1886 will be yet another underwhelming "next-gen" title.

MS:
MS will continue reducing price of the XO, bundling tons of games, etc, etc.

Others:
Virtual Reality will still not be mainstream by the end of 2015.

- Just tidied this up in early January. Didn't alter any of my predictions.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 22:51; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 24 Dec 2014 - 21:07

Here we go

Nintendo
1. Wii U gets a HD remake possibly Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
2. Mario Party 10 comes out after all SMASH amiibo have been released and has it's own set
3. 3rd Party Support is LEGO Games, Movie tie-ins, Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Just Dance and nothing else for Wii U
4. NEW 3DS comes out late Q1/ early Q2 along with two games to use it's extra POWER! which likely to be MM3D & MH4U
5. Pokemon game on 3DS to continue the annual release of a core title likely to be Z or X2 & Y2
6. The last of the known 3 exclusive Sonic games ends up being good like above 75 on meta
7. Fatal Frame 5 doesn't come to the west, please be wrong
8. E3 Retro announces there new game
9. Animal Crossing game for Wii U
10. Devils Third is rubbish like below 70 on meta

Sony
1. Still no Last Guardian, please be wrong  
2. All the STEAM PC Final Fantasy's come to PS4
3. God of War 4 at E3
4. Guerrilla officially announces there RPG at E3
5. More Indies
6. No Man's Sky gets a 10 from IGN
7. Syphon Filter makes a come back and is what Sony Bend has been working on
8. PS4 hit's 25m
9. A exclusive from Platinum games
10. Know ones care about the VITA apart from some indie games and JRPG's

Microsoft
1. Halo 5 Guardians comes out either November 10th or 17th
2. Rise of the Tomb Raider is out October to be out before Uncharted 4  
3. Xbox One struggles outside USA & UK but sells enough to reach 20m
4. Xbox One Slim at E3 to come out right away at $299.99/£329.99
5. Gears of War Trilogy Collection
6. Forza Motorsport 6
5. Fable Legends out Summer
6. Phatom Dust for Xbox One plays nothing like the original and whole 2 people that played it moan
7. Gears of War 4 is the big E3 reveal for holidays 2016
8. Bring back a old IP like Battletoads
9. RARE make a game that isn't for kinect, possibly the above
10. Xbox Show like Playstation Experience but not as good and the word Halo used million times in the keynote (slight exaggeration)

Others
1. 2015's Disney Infinity is 3.0 Star Wars
2. More Remasters like over 5
3. Still no Beyond Good & Evil 2, please be wrong
4. Ubisoft remain jerks and the above not coming out doesn't help
5. Cyberpunk 2077 turns up at a E3 conference but is multi-format
6. Valve still can't count to 3 and they release ZERO games ending in a 3
7. Square troll what seems to be Kingdom Hearts 3 but is just 1.5 & 2.5 HD Collection for PS4 & ONE
8. Fallout 4, some people care
9. Mass Effect 4, lots of people care
10. Mass Effect Trilogy for PS4, ONE & Fancy PC's
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptySun 28 Dec 2014 - 18:30

Your Nintendo predictions seem a tad unadventurous, Axis!  Bar 2, possibly.  As for Mas', we're surely overdue Pokémon Z and Zygarde's alternate forme(s).  Anyway, trying not to repeat anything you two have said, my ten:

Nintendo:

1. Not-E3 to be a disappointment again, continuing the cycle.  (Great ones come in two or three-year phases.)
  2. Zelda U makes grown men cry.  (Measured objectively by a 94+ Metacritic score.)
  3. Splatoon to be a bold new attempt that falls short of greatness.  (Measured objectively by a sub-80 Metacritic score.)
  4. Athrun to be wrong about XCX, with at least one significant town outside Neo Los Angeles or whatever it was.  Will be worse than Xenoblade, though.  (Measured objectively by me.)
  5. A Mario RPG of some sort to be announced.  
  6. New 2D Metroid shown.  
  7. Pokken is announced for the West.
  8. We'll get another Wii U Pokémon game of some sort.  I'm not willing to speculate whether that'll be an MMORPG, a Stadium, or Pokémon Channel 2.
  9. Wii U to have a worse year salezzzzz-wise than 2014.
  10. Nothing on the next generation consoles, despite pleading from Wii U haters.  (Don't want to overshadow that shiny new 3DS, now do we?)

The others:

2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. 13fi
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptySun 28 Dec 2014 - 22:12

Well I did say X or Y 2 as I can't see there not being a core pokemon game coming next year and doing sequals or Z seems the quickest way to get one out.

Disappointed in your others again, even if you wait for a boring one like PS4 continues to have 50% market share. That is boring but still a prediction of the GAMES industry.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014 - 8:08

Well I'm afraid that you're probably going to continue to be disappointed, Mas old chap! If the only prediction I can make about a pillar is salez, i'm probably better off posting an amusing picture of a panda.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014 - 9:50

But there's other not just Sony & Microsoft,

You could have had something like Capcom continues to ignore mega man
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014 - 10:23

Nintendo
Zelda gets a series of massive delays. This is a home console Zelda, after all.
Metroid announced at E3.
Starfox is the dog's bollocks.

Microsoft
Scalebound is absolutely crackin' and justifies my purchase.

Sony
Bloodborne is quite good, but changes to make it more accessible mean it is not as memorable as Souls.

Multiformat
Metal Gear Solid V is the best game with guns ever made, it eats up a solid month of my life and that little blond kiddy in the trailer is totes Liquid Snake.
Mass Effect 4 is not called 4 and is given a showing at E3, after which the super HD trilogy is promptly released.
A sequel to Shadow of Mordor is in the works.
Lots of games try to ape Mordor's dynamic characters.
Arkham Knight is alright but dilutes the gameplay a bit too much.
There's another Assassins Creed. It is as shite as the rest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014 - 10:32

I don't reckon we will see scalebound released in 2015, meaning Nov is when I get a ONE for Halo 5. Can't see anything coming earlier then that I want and that's scalebound which I'm predicting is March 2016.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 11:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyTue 30 Dec 2014 - 11:40

Alright, I'll try to do this; I am a multi-format dude now, but there will be more Nintendo stuff, because, you know... they have an identity.

Nint
Splatoon to be really good: To be described as good, but "in Nintendo's usual friendly style" by multiformat mags/sites/shows, despite everyone always wanting to play it.
Mario Kart 8 DLC #2 to be universally downloaded and praised, bringing back the Wuhu Island tracks from 7 into a marathon, and also featuring tracks from Animal Crossing, Rad Race, NES Open Golf, and a track called... Shy Guy's... uh... Library.
Mewtwo to be DLC for Smash Bros. (ssh); also bonus including Lucas, the Ice Climbers and whoever else people whined about missing. Second DLC announced including all new characters: Professor Layton, Shovel Knight, the balance board, and a rather off-message Bayonetta.
Starfox to be disappointing due to the excited way the senior devs talk about shoehorning motion controls in like it's heroin or something.
Majora's Mask to be released, and awesome.
Yarn Yoshi to be adowabaw!
No Zelda WiiU this year though.
Affordable Spacve Adventures to be possibly the best indie title ever - everyone completely ignores it. DAMN YOU!
People to either buy things or not.

Micro
The exclusive... er... games... to... er... I genuinely can't remember what they're doing. I don't know what Scalebound is.
New Kinect model rumoured - turns out to be Brian from confused.com.

Sonnny
Jimbob to buy a PS4 assuming 360/PS3 cross-development finally stops, even though he hates PS* controllers - he hates MS's hubris and design even more.
Bloodborne to be good. That is all.
LucasArts nostalgia adventures to be awesome remakes, loved by all of a certain age - and then the hype disappears the next day. Appear in no "best of 2015" lists, even though the originals are still in the "best of all time" lists.
Jimbob to be put on David Cameron's naughty list because he looked up what the PSVita Title Criminal Girls: Invite Only was.

Elsewhere
No Man's Sky to be disappointing, but only based on the ridiculous bar they set.
Elite Dangerous to be suitable stop-gap, but bombs in America due to "what is that? Is that from British? That sounds dumb."
Dark Souls III announced.
FIFA '16 now ruling the world, finally wins the rest of the people over by doing something good for society and adding the women's national teams and leagues.
PES '16 follows suit, but lets the Castlevania Judgement team ruin things by adding... "inaccurate physics".
A new Assassin's Creed game.
A new Call of Duty game.
Minecraft 1.9.
EA to ruin another anticipated release by adding an unnecessary online component, and taking out some of the features the previous entry in the series had.

Uh, that went on too long and I'm not sure I cared that much.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyTue 30 Dec 2014 - 11:44

Laughing Definitely the most entertaining predict-o-list so far.

I too looked up Criminal Girls: Invite Only. It was... pretty much as expected. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyTue 30 Dec 2014 - 11:54

Why would shovel knight be in smash as that game isn't tied to Nintendo it's coming to VITA & PS4 and is on STEAM.

Also have you used a dual shock 4 Jim, it's one of the best controllers around up there with the gamecube or 360 (Vote anyone).

Scalebound is the exclusive game from platinum but don't worry the PS4 will get one as well.

I don't know what Elite Dangerous is and why it would be a stop gap and being British would mean it bombs, hasn't that small Scottish game GTA done fairly well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyTue 30 Dec 2014 - 12:19

I think you're taking good chunks of Jim's list too seriously, Mas.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyTue 30 Dec 2014 - 20:42

I'll just stick to Nintendo here - as long as FIFA 16 is out on 360, I'm not fussed about the others.

~

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker to be available from UK high street and online retailers prior to it's January 2nd 2015 release date
Another new IP at E3, more specifically some sort of boring-ass MMOG
Pokémon Red/Blue on 3DS Virtual Console
Still no N64 on Wii U Virtual Console as of December 31st 2015
Another Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS
Paper Mario on Wii U
3DS games ported to Wii U to fill in the release gaps. Let's go for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Luigi's Mansion 2
Xenoblade Chronicles X delayed until 2016
No new Pokémon 3DS game - not a remake, not an X/Y update, not even Pokémon Snap 2. That Pickachu decective game won't go anywhere either.

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 17:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 12:54

Because I'm a lazy bastard I'm just going to copy my previous post on the subject, and add one or two new predictions to the lot.

Athrun888 wrote:
Nintendo

-The art of actually advertising their products to people other than those who've already bought their systems to continue to elude them.
-Zelda U to appear at E3 with a 2015 Christmas launch announced.
-Pokemon X and Y to get sequels rather than third versions.
-Xenoblade X's music to be right up there with Sawano Hiroyuki's best and be ost of the year by miles.
-Xenoblade X to see a 2015 Japan release, Q1 or 2 2016 release in the west

Sony

-Vita continues to flop utterly despite being the best portable system around from a hardware perspective.
-PS4 to continue not being worth buying despite the addition of a new Persona game to its arsenal.

Microsoft

-xbone suffers Wii U syndrome, and continues to be overall an irrelevant system.  

Other things I don't pay attention to

-To continue doing what they've been doing these last few years.  

EA, Activision, and Ubisoft

-Find their games stop receiving mass critical praise, wonder why after releasing a game every single year with barely any changes critis are starting to tire of their games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 15:15

masofdas wrote:
Why would shovel knight be in smash as that game isn't tied to Nintendo it's coming to VITA & PS4 and is on STEAM.

I think Shovel Knight is a perfect fit for smash bros, if the likes of Sonic, solid snake, mega man & pac man (those characters had games that weren't tied to Nintendo either) can make it in then why not SK? The fact the game is coming to Vita/ps4 shouldn't be a reason to exclude him.

Also you could say that normal rules don't apply to DLC as you often see something different/out of the box.

(side note: I don't see smash having dlc btw)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 15:36

I'll go out on a limb and predict the announcement (possibly not release) of some non-Mewtwo Smash DLC in 2015. But it won't include a new character. How's that for bold and specific, eh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 17:04

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I think Shovel Knight is a perfect fit for smash bros, if the likes of Sonic, solid snake, mega man & pac man (those characters had games that weren't tied to Nintendo either) can make it in then why not SK? The fact the game is coming to Vita/ps4 shouldn't be a reason to exclude him.

Also you could say that normal rules don't apply to DLC as you often see something different/out of the box.

All but SNAKE had history with Nintendo be it more of a rival in some, SK doesn't have that I don't think Nintendo I think multiformat game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyThu 1 Jan 2015 - 12:41

masofdas wrote:
Also have you used a dual shock 4 Jim, it's one of the best controllers around up there with the gamecube or 360 (Vote anyone).

Scalebound is the exclusive game from platinum but don't worry the PS4 will get one as well.

I don't know what Elite Dangerous is and why it would be a stop gap and being British would mean it bombs, hasn't that small Scottish game GTA done fairly well.

You know this doesn't matter, right? We're not going to get fired or anything. I accept I flitted between serious answers and joke ones, which is probably a bit naughty and reads better in my head than on the screen.
(Actual serious comment on Elite Dangerous: so far, British journos have loved it, US journos have bee like "what's that?" which makes me AANGRRRRYY). Any British gamer should be taught about the original Elite at school, I think; it's part of our history.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 1:53

masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

All but SNAKE had history with Nintendo be it more of a rival in some,  SK doesn't have that I don't think Nintendo I think multiformat game.

Remember Shovel Knight was on Nintendo consoles first & gave Yacht club games their chance to shine (plus it still isn't out on Sony Platforms due to it not long being announced) anyhow I've said this a fair few times when the discussion of characters for smash bros has come up, I personally don't need them to be directly connected to Nintendo as long as they fit well within the game & as I said above, for me he is a perfect fit. (& he still has that connection to Nintendo)

Also these characters are usually a one game kind of deal too. (with the exception of Sonic, little shit that he is)

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 16:42

Wasn't it on STEAM first, also the Playstation version has Kratos as a exclusive character in that game that looks like Yacht Club have took there money and if SK was appear in something else it be Sony based.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 22:52

Turns out, I didn't add more... I just edited my post to remove all the blank numbers with no content.

A post full of:

isn't fun.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 1:04

Well, i'm going to predict what I want more than what will actually happen on the off chance I can will it to happen.

1.) Fire emblem Path of Radiance/ Radiant dawn (WiiU) - Better visuals and two games in one. Awakening (somehow) took off in a shower of popularity so I would hope that Intelligent systems follow this up with a remake of these two amazing games. (I would love Amiibo's of the cast) Also better integration between the first and second game would be nice.

2.) Paper Luigi - I know, it's not the year of Luigi anymore but the last Paper Mario was a travesty and the series needs new life, a game from the same time as TTYD yet set from Luigi's perspective.

Of course, since neither have these have been alluded to, chances are they wont happen.

On a less serious note. Wealdstone Raider for Smash Bro's DLC?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 4:47

masofdas wrote:
Wasn't it on STEAM first, also the Playstation version has Kratos as a exclusive character in that game that looks like Yacht Club have took there money and if SK was appear in something else it be Sony based.  

Nope! It released at the same time on wii U/3ds & steam (in the US) also that is a paid for (by Sony) exclusive, I seen a tweet from yacht club games themselves saying it'd be great to be part of smash.

Not sure what you mean by that last bit that I put in bold, seems like you're suggesting if he appeared in another Sony game he'd be part of them somehow. Laughing

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 9:02

I'm thinking if there was a playstation allstars 2, he would be in that as money clearly talks.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 11:56

That would be horrible Laughing Also Nintendo could pay for the same right as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.   2015 - The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The all-new spectacular 2015 gaming predictions thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next