We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
fronkhead
Linkyshinks
Vidofnir
Jimbob
TGN Professor
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
wenywoowoo
Axis1500
SquidgyGoat
JayMoyles
Gwyn400
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
shanks
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:46

Athrun forgot that this forum now spans two pages. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:47

Ahhh I see
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:53

This looks pretty, doesn't it? And now they're just doing what everyone said they should have done in the first place; taking the g game's gorgeous art style and making it HD.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:59

I applaud the Miiverse integration as well.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:06

Yeah I liked the whole message in a bottle integration
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 15:15

This is now my wanted wiiu game is this a bad thing that a cube game is my most anticipated.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 15:17

No.. It is not a bad thing at all
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 16:20

Am I the only person who i dissapointed that they didn't go with the new art style originally proposed? Wind Waker already looks fantastic, it still looks fantastic. If there was ever a game that didn't need an HD treatment it was WW. Unless they really do improve the triforce hunt then I'll just dig out the Cube version if I want to replay it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 18:50

I think they will address it. They've already tackled pacing issues with this new fast-sailing mechanic, and I'm fairly certain I remember Iwata saying pacing was a problem they intended to rectify for the HD release. Plus, there'll probably be an extra dungeon or something - maybe they'll finish that Greatfish Island dungeon and give the place a bit of purpose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 23:16

Aonuma said that the Triforce bit would be "smoother"... but not sure what that means exactly...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 23:35

Probably more hints towards finding the charts I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 7:48

Pfeh. The charts were fine: it was the sailing around trying to find the chests that was irritating.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 7:53

For me it was saving up that ungodly sum to pay for the translation.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 11:21

I didn't have a problem with any of that. I loved the sailing around
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 1:40

I've got to admit, while it's technically impressive (the real time cast shadows look amazing) I'm disappointed the team (and it looks like Grezzo isn't handling this one -- Aonuma mentioned the Wind Waker HD team is joining the Wii U new Zelda team after development) didn't keep the look similar to the original art style.

In essence, all the new lighting and shader effects look plain wrong when placed on top of the original cel shaded visuals, particularly the new lighting model that gives everything what I call the 'Super Mario Galaxy look' (where colours get lighter towards the edge of objects and characters).

As such, it still looks more Pixar than Disney, and not really much like the illustrations for the game. Still good, mind, but to me it isn't as artistically accomplished as the original game.

Likewise, the realtime shadows don't match the shadowing of the cel shaded characters, and the overcast cloud shadows on the water look a bit off next to the 2D waves.

Some visual effects from GC are missing too, like the water at the front of Tetra's ship here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zXZTIKMWsag#t=54s

In short: I'm pleased at how technically impressive it is, and how much work has gone into remaking it in HD (redrawn 2D elements, new remade visuals and graphical effects), but I just wish that like with Ocarina of Time 3D, it matched the original art closely.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 2:08

sporkhead wrote:
In essence, all the new lighting and shader effects look plain wrong when placed on top of the original cel shaded visuals, particularly the new lighting model that gives everything what I call the 'Super Mario Galaxy look' (where colours get lighter towards the edge of objects and characters).

"Rim lighting", if it's a similar effect to the special items in the first BioShock.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 14:56

beemoh wrote:
sporkhead wrote:

"Rim lighting", if it's a similar effect to the special items in the first BioShock.

I think that's the one, yes. Looks out of place on the characters on Wind Waker HD.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 21:38

http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/the_legend_of_zelda_wind_waker_hd_japanese_box_art_revealed/attachment/11/original.jpg
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 9:41

That is beautiful box art - we'd better get that in Europe!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 10:09

I was pretty surprised by it, nicer than the original!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 12:33

Neat, a newer take on the art I've seen used on the soundtrack cover. Love the addition of Ganondorf in the background.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyTue 6 Aug 2013 - 23:05

Nice but it's gonna take a lot to top the ultra spoileriffic sleeve from HMV.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 22:21

So, someone at Nintendo mistakenly(?) uploaded the Hero mode trailer early. They've tried to delete it, but this being the internet, such efforts are in vain.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659897&highlight=zelda+wii+u

The most interesting thing about the trailer, though, is clearly the fact that a Special Zelda Edition of the Wii U console will soon be a thing.

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 Wwhdwiiui0spv
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:04

I'm really excited about the new first person mode and controls: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-makes-a-surprisingly-good-first-person-shooter

Don't the interiors look great? Those realtime cast soft shadows come in through the windows of the Temple of Time create a stunning effect.

Still not keen on that rim lighting though. Bye, cel shading!

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 Windwakerhd-spot2
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 5:33

I am now tempted to get this due to the recently announced hero mode hmmmm...what to do? Eh? 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next