We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:34

I'm back watching the stream again, I just can't help myself. Aww! Mini-dungeons now. WANT DIS.

I will say that the world looks... not empty, it's full of robots and enemy camps and chests and stuff, but definitely abandoned. Like I said, it feels like something out of the Xenoblade games. But Hyrule's in ruins (look at the sword in the logo), so it's only to be expected. You can sell stuff, so there's at least one town in there.

And the world is huge. Breathtakingly so. Might be bigger than Mira.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:39

The difference between Hyrule and Mira is physicality. The climbing and exploring and combat looks inherently fun to perform in Zelda, whereas awkwardly figuring out where I can and can't jump, or twiddling my thumbs through turn-based battles, was tedious in Xenoblade X.

I'm sure there will be more populated areas as well, but this is meant to be a tiny sample of the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:41

Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they're in any way comparable in quality.  Which makes the lack of size differential (or so it would seem) all the more extraordinary.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:41

I get why it might be a worry & I know I always push exploration as my favourite thing about Zelda but surely the real meat of the game is the dungeons. So basically what could they do to not make the over world seem like it's empty?

---

BING BONG! Zelda BotW amiibo
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:55

LINK IS FIGHTING HIS ENEMIES WITH A PITCHFORK BEST GAME EVER

And I'd disagree, the overworld's the best part for me, with the dungeons varying the pace nicely. Both are important, of course.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:55

Well, that's three more Amiibo I'll be buying.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 20:09

amiibo Usage:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 20:42

Balladeer wrote:
amiibo Usage:

That is amazing! Too bad I don't own that amiibo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 21:42

I'm watching Cooking With Link at the moment and enjoying it.  Especially the pixellated "dubious food". Laughing

Big enemy spoiler:

I didn't think they could get a day out of this game.  I was wrong.  They're still showing off fascinating stuff. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 6:21

Drunkalilly wrote:
My initial thought was that this world might be the Hyrule from the original Legend of Zelda, which was pretty empty and wild. Balla suggested this might be the Wind Waker Hyrule arisen, and then we saw a Korok. I don't think the WW connection is arbitrary. That game was probably Aonuma's bravest, and little touches from that seem like they're going to be expanded upon here; exploration, picking up enemy weapons, stealth...

I read a theory that the current level of emptiness indicates that it follows on from Skyward Sword, where the world was new. It'd be great to explore that world in a properly connected way, instead of being parachuted into zones.

In any case, it's got Link with a spear, making it day one for sure. Grin And I won't need to buy an NX to play it! Dance
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 9:42

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful

https://i.imgur.com/0C6mcQS.gifv (I couldn't get that gif to show up like the one below)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 9:47

I have actually seen people criticising how this game looks. Presumably because it's not 4k and 120fps or whatever.

No. You're wrong. You're almost objectively wrong. Shut up. This might be the most beautiful thing I've seen in gaming. Shut all the way up.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 9:58

I've seen similar things too which is just madness absolute madness & it's like they don't get that things like this are a compromise.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 10:24

The NX version will undoubtedly be 'prettier', if we wanted a line of argument that could give the complainers pause for thought.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 11:12

True but they'd like-likely just find something else to nitpick at, this line of thought bugs me a lot tbh as if it isn't screeching to pace that is totally unplayable then why does it matter?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 11:16

Yeah I've seen a load ask why it looks like a PS2 game and worse then Wind Waker, I personally don't think it looks as good as some of you are suggesting but no way in hell it looks like a PS2 game.

I'm not sure about Nintendo's reason why Link is right handed or why no female Link.

On WiiU/NX, seems the game will be the same from gameplay point of view, meaning you would think NX version is using the extra POWER! of the NX and we can play it on the go & in VR.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 11:54

Folk also need to remember that 3 minute trailer aside lot's of people are basing their opinions off a live stream where visual quality will vary from person to person.

mas wrote:
I'm not sure about Nintendo's reason why Link is right handed or why no female Link.

I heard the reasoning for the female link which I thought was reasonable but what did they say about him being right handed?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 12:15

Because you attack using your right on the controller, yet it's always been like that for controls.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:00

If the combat is more involved, as it looked, having the right hand buttons do the weapon in the right hand weapon and the left hand triggers do the left hand shield makes sense.

Dark Souls much?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:02

Yeah but what about N64 or Cube etc Link was left handed then? I reckon the game takes place around Skyward Sword which Link has always been Right handed.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 17:41

The difference is that those games had very simple one-button combat. You never had to think about what each hand was doing, whereas here we saw Link parrying with is shield.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 19:33

I'm extremely hyped up about this. The difficulty for me will be deciding which option to go for. I can't see myself getting the NX on launch day for various reasons, but it'll undoubtedly have some form of VR functionality that I won't want to miss out on. On the other hand I don't want to buy the Wii U version only to get the NX version 6 months down the line.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 9:28

I think Reggie debunked the VR rumor for NX Solve My Maze, by saying VR has to become more mainstream for them to do it. Which I do find a little odd as Nintendo barely ever seem to take notice of what others are doing and do there own thing also Nintendo in my opinion are one of the best suited to make something like VR mainstream as they don't have to make something to work on a system already out and they showed how they made motion controls mainstream.

On Zelda I watched a video again which was recorded of the footage shown most of the day which was about 30mins long, it did look better watching a second time and wasn't a live stream. I'm still not convinced as some our talk about it but does look good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 10:19

Nintendo Life wrote:
Aonuma recalls his experience with the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, "A lot of the feedback that I received from the players of Skyward Sword is that they saw these pockets of land, but couldn't explore what was between them". This criticism is something the Zelda team was determined to improve on for this joint Wii U / NX iteration of the popular franchise.

They DO listen! Now give us a decent Paper Mario game please.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 18:39

DoPo, sorry. Nintendo may listen, but sometimes they also give bloody stupid reasons for things.

I love Nintendo, and Aonuma, but come on! That Triforce nonsense in particular is "she breathes through her skin" levels of rubbish (albeit they've done a (much) less stupid thing than Kojima in the first place).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 8 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next