We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 19:15

Gwyn400 wrote:

Glad to see I'm not the only person who's this lazy when it comes to names, my horses are called Blue, Splotches and Brownie

Brownie died  Crying or Very sad  but I replaced it with:
horse sidequest spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 19:38

Being unoriginal with my horse names by doing what I done with my cats in MHGen, naming them after Dark souls bosses/NPC. Some do work quite well though like Moonlight (Butterfly) or Dusk (of Oolacile)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 21:48

Cool.
Mine are called Jeff and Bort - I'm not good at this naming thing!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 22:05

Has no-one named a horse Epona yet?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 22:12

Sad Ken, natch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 22:16

Mine's are called Brego and Shadowfax because I'm a huge geek.

I've got a Hyrule Castle story too, although mine's is much more successful and fruitful than Drunka's. How successful, you ask? Well...

Minor Spoilers:

Honestly, it was one of the greatest moments I've had playing a game - going from struggling and clawing my way through the castle to leaving there feeling like an absolute terror was brilliant. It was a trial by fire though and through. I don't think I'd have survived had I not prepared adequately, though - I bought the Sheikah armour to sneak about, I cooked up a restaurant's worth of food and made sure I had decent gear to get over that initial hurdle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 23:22

So seeing as you pick up different weapons in this game which type is your favourite? There's three type from what I can see: the classic sword & shield, two handed swords/clubs/hammers & spears.

I'm a big fan of the spears since they are quick & you can keep enemies at a distance.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 0:18

The_Jaster wrote:
So seeing as you pick up different weapons in this game which type is your favourite? There's three type from what I can see: the classic sword & shield, two handed swords/clubs/hammers & spears.

I'm a big fan of the spears since they are quick & you can keep enemies at a distance.

There's boomerangs and rods as well.

I use spears the most too but I don't dislike any of the weapons, they all seem useful for different situations so I try to keep one of each with me at all times.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 2:40

I forgot about the rods (not found one yet but have a side quest that needs one) & shortly after I hit send on that post I found a Lizalfos boomerang, also agreed about them all being useful
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 7:47

Traditional sword and shield for me, although I do like spears.  Got my first rod, I don't like how it degrades even if you don't hit anything though.  In fact I'm a bit unsure how I feel about degradable weapons in general.  It'd be nice to have a least a base-level sword at all times, and then pick up stuff to go on top of that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 10:45

I don't mind the weapon durability because usually in open world games I find a good weapon and then there's no reason to pick up any more whereas in this there's always a good reason to pick up pretty much every weapon. I do wish it did it a better job of showing you the durability though and a permanent weapon would be useful, even if it was just punching, the other day I was doing a shrine where I had to fight something but all of my weapons broke so I couldn't do anything but die DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 11:03

Bombs are the default weapon Winky Face

I have a new horse, he is solid brown and called Rupee

Now I have just learnt that horses can die I am terrified
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 11:42

Has anyone else dabbled with Amiibo functionality yet? I decided to give it a go.
Generic Amiibo functionality:

Link Amiibo:
Wolf Link Amiibo:

Horses: I caught my first horse and threw it up on Snapchat to get a name. My friend Rich got in there first, so he's called Randy. Then I did the horse-taming challenge and got a second horse, so I went with the second name from snapchat: Neighdolf. I prefer Randy . . .

Weapons: I like to have a typical sword and shield equipped as standard and keep a couple of everything on hand for different situations. I'm actually quite fond of the system, it feels the way ammo does in the best shooters, and forces me to be creative and experimental. If I had an unbreakable sword all the way through the game I'd just use it for 90% of fights, I'm sure.

Castle: Holy shit, Jay. Nice one!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 13:19

The ammunition in a shooter comparison is a great one, I never thought of that but it's definitely what it's like.

I have 4 weapon slots always taken up by the "tool" weapons - hammer, axe, torch and korok leaf. I have also been carrying round a (generic) boomerang for a good while as it's the only one I've ever found. Otherwise I use whatever - one handed sword is my "default" choice but spears have probably got just as much use (and are really fun). I keep my two-handed big hitters for stronger enemies.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 13:45

Personally I found 2 handers to be the worst for the bigguns as I wanted the speed & shield to block 'em. I only ever expanded the melee weapon slots as there were so many "tools" or special weapons I needed to carry around.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 14:11

I've expanded melee quite a few times and bows and shields once each. Damn Hestu keeps bobbling off when I want to jam more of my seeds into his maracas.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyTue 7 Mar 2017 - 23:29

Just did my first Divine Beast! That felt the most like a traditional Zelda dungeon. Not as big, obviously, but just right without any danger of boredom setting in and a bloody excellent set-piece to boot.

Man, this game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 0:37

I've actually preferred the Divine Beasts to traditional dungeons, thus far. They're smaller, sure, but I think that helps them feel more tightly designed. There's no constant key collection or whole dungeon back-tracking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 6:41

I think my biggest issue with the divine beasts is that they could be a little too fiddly. The Desert one is probably my least favourite dungeon in the whole series.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 11:26

Can't comment about the Guardian dungeons, only just now heading in to Zora land to sort out their mess.  Best weapon is the spear in my humble opinion, absolutely love the way it jabs at enemies fast, although being unable to use a shield means it's less practical than swords or rods.  Okay so I guess they aren't best weapon.  Other best weapon is the bow and arrows when you've got a ton of elemental arrows, toying with your enemies through electrical shocks and freezing is always fun!  Twisted Evil   Plus you can't go past that awesome time-slow skill!

Speaking of zora's, that enemy you have to steal shock arrows from is a doozey, good god!   Blew through six hearts like it was nothing!  Might as well have not even been wearing armour!  Pale

I've said it before (I think) and I'll say it again, I absolutely love the lack of handholding and baby difficulty in this game, they've truly gone back to the franchises routes, right down to enemies that can absolutely murder you that can only truly be beaten through skill.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 17:53

Only just discovered that having a fire weapon equipped keeps you warm and ice weapons keep you cold, I like the little things like that. Also attaching octo balloons to bombs is pretty useful
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 19:48

I'm a bit behind you guys, I think - I'm being far too careful, and combing all the landmarks in a certain area before the next one. I'd already reached the "for fuck's sake why should I be going here" stage in Fallout 4 by this time, but there's enough Nintendo magic around to avoid feeling like that, and nothing feels particularly procedurally-generated.
I don't feel like I know exactly what I'm doing yet, thoughh! I wussed out of a "this is quite difficult" shrine, in order to reach the next shrine that was basically "this is more difficult than the last one". Nope!
Similar to the Crumpster, my problem is I keep forgetting that I don't have a shield with a two-handed weapon. I feel like Daffy Duck in that Robin Hood parody.

My thoughts are all a bit random - sorry! *runs off to play more Zelda*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 11:51

Wow, finished off my first Divine Beast, and all I have to saw is "wow".

Okay, I actually have a fair bit more than a single word to say, but that word encapsulates how impressed I am with this game. By this point in any other game I'd be starting to feel a little burned out, but like Jimbob there's enough Zelda magic in this game that it fends off the boredom and keeps things engaging.

That whole segment with the Zora regions divine beast was simply magical. The story was spot on in its delivery, twanging the heart strings in all the right ways without ever overdoing it, the character interactions were good fun, and the set-pieces, holy crap those set-pieces.

I will say however that it's also why I've never agreed with the idea that story should never be focused on, a good story can heighten the gameplay enormously, and that entire section was a perfect example of it. Cutscenes are used at appropriate points, and gameplay is used to tell the story in equally appropriate points. The combination results in a entire section that, as I said earlier, was simply magical.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 17:25

I did a different Divine Beast first, and while I do agree with what Athers says about the magic of the experience I don't think it's fair to say the sections with dialogue and cutscenes are the only sections with story. Andi Hamilton puts it well on the twitters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 18:21

Athrun wrote:
Best weapon is the spear in my humble opinion, absolutely love the way it jabs at enemies fast, although being unable to use a shield means it's less practical than swords or rods.

Now this can be a bit tricky to pull off in the heat of battle but it isn't impossible to time putting your weapon away & then pressing ZL to block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 19 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next