We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 13:38

masofdas wrote:
Seen this morning, on Facebook a link to Miss Rodgers blog but this is from Nintendo Life who are running a article on the NX rumors.

Spoiler:

I doubt even a hit like the Wii would get them to properly contribute, it didn't with the Wii, all they ever contributed was a miserable pile of shovelware the world would have been better off never being blighted with the existence of.  

Some of it did lead to some hilarious reviews in ngamer though, so maybe it was worth it a little.  Just a little.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 15:21

Make the tech comparable and porting piss-easy and They Will Come. Otherwise, nope.

The_Jaster wrote:
This time around I'd have to say it is too much of an ask as I reckon they just wouldn't have the games in a suitable state to showcase but with that said all of the console makers should be able to do that without trouble especially if they are going with summer reveal & Holiday launch.

Yep, it is more than a bit worrying that they don't think they'll have anything ready. Unless they do and they just don't think it's important, like you and Drunka.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 9:36

Maybe good or bad news but Miss Rodgers says she stopping the rumors etc due to people on the internet and she went on she's worked hard finding all this out and she gets shat on basically because of it.

I don't know if her blog will still have stuff as you got to go more out of your way unlike twitter but there you go.

Actual NX news, from Nintendo brought to by Nintendo Enthusiast
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 13:27

mas wrote:
Maybe good or bad news but Miss Rodgers says she stopping the rumors etc due to people on the internet and she went on she's worked hard finding all this out and she gets shat on basically because of it.

Now I'm not saying people being nasty to her is right because it definitely isn't but she deleted one of her twitter accounts before because of abuse but came back with another some weeks/months later just to do the exact same things? So she only has herself to blame by not sticking to her previous decision, so hopefully she does this time.
Also I don't see what working hard has to do with anything, I could work hard on getting an inside scoop on a tv show/film but if I gave away massive plot details then it'd be a dick move so doing this with video games is no different in my book.

So basically people have a right to be annoyed by her spoilers but since it's the internet not everyone is going to handle it in a nice way, her "rumours" were annoying me so I blocked her & moved on.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 15:07

I agree and disagree, yeah maybe she should have left Twitter and stuck do her Blog then people who do want to see these "rumors" which she obviously thinks are real are on the blog which you would never see.

Well we may talk on here and Nintendo Life might run it on the front page but you would hope they hide behind spoilers.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 15:50

Nintendo don't need third parties, if they can provide more first-party games. They need a RARE, or possibly two or three of them.

Or use that financial muscle to throw guys like Konami a bone and get PES on to Nintendo. They should be working with top indie developers such as the guys who made Fast Racing Neo. I'd like to see more collaborations with developers, passing their neglected IPs over, and also sorting out their horrendous Virtual Console lifecycle. Gamecube remasters, securing SEGA's Dreamcast catalog of games, throwing Treasure some money to make a game. If you want a proper gaming console to compete with the PS4/Xbox, let's make games that are fun. Market them as fun. Show that you're the alternative to the interactive movies and open-world time-sinks. There's no aggression - when I see PS4 adverts saying "this is for the players", they are sticking it to Microsoft. We need NX adverts on at peak times, not just on children's television. I want to see epic adverts at the cinema with celebrities proclaiming their favourite games to be Mario 64 or Mario Kart 8. NX should highlight how everybody has been touched by Nintendo at some point, whether it's Tetris, Pokemon or Wii Sports. Nintendo. Is. Video Games.

Man I'm so hyped for the NX. And inevitably it'll be disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 19 May 2016 - 23:18

I wouldn't go out of my way to be mean to Emily Rodgers, but at this stage I wouldn't give her the oxygen of publicity. She seems to pride herself to essentially be the person who stands outside cinemas in the summer of 1980 and shouts out the name of Luke Skywalker's dad. She shouldn't put this info on her blog either. If e.g. Nintendo didn't want that information out in the public, and it's not e.g. a legal/illegal activity that it's in the interests of consumers to know in terms abuse of their potential investment, the, in the words of Steve Coogan, it's no-one's fucking business.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 9:21

Rumors doing the rounds:
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 9:27

I was just thinking whether or not Nintendo would jump on that bandwagon and to be honest I don't think they will, I still don't believe the hype and I trust Nintendo is smart enough not either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 9:32

They are rumored to have a team working on it though and with rumors of Xbox also having it soon along with Apple and better version from Google, if it takes off they could be left behind.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 11:35

masofdas wrote:
Rumors doing the rounds:

Yes a delay of 4 months to add VR support to a console not designed for VR this makes perfect sense

Seems like typical nonsense rumours to me
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 11:47

How do we do know it wasn't designed for VR, none of us have seen the NX and Nintendo have heavily rumored to have a VR team. Maybe it's a miss translation and they need a extra 4 months to get the VR working correctly.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 11:48

VR worries me.

I can see the tabloid headlines already: "Man burgled whilst playing VR", "Loner unperturbed as house burns to ground during video game". I don't like the idea of being unaware of what's going on the real world and just can't imagine Nintendo doing VR for these very reasons, unless of course the experience is supervised. VR is very insular too, something that goes against Nintendo's history of getting people together to play.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 12:02

You can on Vive, see what's in the real world by switching to camera mode , I don't think Rift or PSVR has anything like that though. So things like you say could happen and on Kinda Funny Colin was talking about it and how he punched Nick without realizing he did it, on there VR talk with Jeff Gerstmann this week.

The thing is I think if Nintendo do VR, it will be Nintendo's way of doing it and be different to the rest as that's Nintendo. PSVR does have social multiplayer games which are sort like NintendoLand but the PSVR headset is now the gamepad, so I don't think social VR is a worry.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 12:17

masofdas wrote:
Rumors doing the rounds:

The first problem with that rumour is that it mentions an NX delay when it was never ever officially confirmed for Holiday 2016 (Just that it'd be announced in that year) so I'll be very surprised if this turns out to be true.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 14:24

Nintendo Life has this down as "News", not "Rumour". Which... is interesting. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 14:28

gjones wrote:
VR is very insular too, something that goes against Nintendo's history of getting people together to play.

There are multiple examples of local multiplayer games involving VR - I disagree that it's an insular experience. There was only one gamepad compatible with the WiiU but that didn't make it an insular experience.

masofdas wrote:
How do we do know it wasn't designed for VR, none of us have seen the NX and Nintendo have heavily rumored to have a VR team.

Miyamoto wrote:
The current types of virtual reality aren't really a good fit for Nintendo's philosophy of trying to create entertainment that people can play together in the living room. We're constantly looking at different technology and experimenting with different elements of it, but we're not feeling virtual reality is currently in a place where it's ready to be released – as a product that fits with our philosophy of fitting in the living room.

Not to mention that VR is still prohibitively expensive for mass market and Nintendo aren't known for pushing specs

But I live to be proved wrong!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 21:31

Balladeer wrote:
Nintendo Life has this down as "News", not "Rumour".  Which... is interesting. Neutral

Read there info which is more in depth then mine and seems more real, and explains it better on the whole "delay".

@OR if this the NLife article is to believed, I wouldn't be surprised if it's like Gear which would make it affordable also if they packet it in, it could be a real selling point.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 8:51

New game announced for NX and Oculus Rift hmm here's the trailer for Riverside
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 19:52

Well, that art style is neat, that's for sure. And it's interesting that they've got the cojones to announce that it's on NX. I am curious. But... what is it?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 22:15

I've got not idea, but makes a few indies announced for NX now. I wonder if there will be many announced at E3.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 22:28

I can easily see a situation where the only people not talking about the NX are Nintendo.*

*Exaggeration for comic purposes. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Jun 2016 - 21:09

Well Ubisoft talked about it as were getting Just Dance 2017 on NX also I wouldn't be surprised on Wii meaning it could be on 3 gen's of Nintendo.

Update from Ubisoft press release
Just Dance 2017 will be available on all motion-control gaming platforms, including Nintendo's Wii™, Wii U™ and NX systems
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 9:50

Don't watch the whole thing unless you want to, but the first 2.30 is what I think is worth watching. Does this worry any of you?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 10:22

That Nintendo are not bothered by what Microsoft and Sony do is no surprise. That they're claiming "It's not about specs" again is also no surprise. That they're also saying "It's about the concept" isn't surprising either and that's the thing, for me. It won't be time to worry about how the NX will get on until that concept is revealed. In short, no.

Well, it doesn't worry me, at least. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next