We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 8:59

Oh gosh. You think the console price is bad!?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 9:03

Balladeer wrote:
Oh gosh.  You think the console price is bad!?

One page ago Balla DAMN YOU!
The real concern is the peripherals as in the USA pair of Joy-Cons are $80 or $50 each, Pro Controller $70, Controller Grip $30, Dock $90, pair of Wheel things $15

@Andy I would buy it again and likes of Drunka, Zero maybe would also jump in.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 9:05

Wait, they're also adding paid online!?  

Why am I surprised that I awoke to find Nintendo faffing everything up lol.

They had one job after that announcement last year, a $250/£200/$380AU price tag.

And to be more pessimistic I seriously doubt the paid service will result in a drastic increase in quality, Sony spent the better part of an entire generation practising before they started asking premium money for online (and Ms made their systems entire point online). Methinks asking them to suddenly jump from the U3DS system to a competent service on par with Sony and MS, especially when they notoriously ignore their competitors and their processes, is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 9:08

Well DeNA are meant to be the online sorting out guys and hopefully it is better then it has been also we don't know the price could be £20 for all we know for a year.

And if I get 6 NES and 6 SNES games for that instead of the £5 each or whatever they are, then might be a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 9:45

A good deal for people actually interested in those games perhaps, however that system falls in to the exact same trap PS+ fell in to before they made it mandatory, the trap that it's only worth money if they actually bundle games the purchaser actually cares about.

Regardless when the console itself is costing someone $470 asking for another 30+ dollars (which will presumably be the benchmark if Nintendo are considerate enough to price their online appropriately, which they likely won't going by the system price itself), regardless of the reason, is just taking the piss. regardless of if they're following an industry trend or throwing a few extremely cheap retro game rentals in it's still a bad deal.

The only saving grace is the free "trial" for launch purchasers, but once that launch period lapses and people start having to shell out for both the system and the service, yeah, ridiculous. I wager high they'll only give out extremely cheap titles like the original Zelda during it too.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 10:08

I don't think it's a case of following industry standards, more a case of developers saying were not gonna host Switch servers for free.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 13:33

Balladeer wrote:

The price of peripherals looks very steep. However, considering the portability of the system, are as many peripherals going to be required this time around? I guess that's going to depend on how many people in your area you know with the system and stuff.

I think the console price in the UK is fair, but I'm not sure I can slap down a pre-order just yet because it's a little out of my price range at the moment. I'm not really a Zelda fan - never given the series a fair crack, only played Majora's Mask, but if the Switch just launched with Breath of the Wild I think that'd be the strongest launch lineup in recent history. I imagine it's going to be a long game, having something that's a real time-sink on launch will be a treat.

I like a lot of what I saw in terms of what's coming in the future, and if the quality is there I think Nintendo could have a very strong year.

I might not be getting one on launch, but I won't be waiting for price drops either. I'll pick it up when I can.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 13:35

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
That's dampened my enthusiasm for the Switch, sadly. The price is a legitimate complaint - fair enough if folk want to wire into all this Brexit chat, but looking at the basics, what makes the Switch worth £280? The Wii U was never worth £300 with a free game and free online (or ever worth £280 in it's whole span), what will make this different? It's a bit steep. It really needed that 1-2-Switch compliation bundled-in to sweeten the deal. The online offer needs to be much, much improved if I'm going to be paying for it as well.

At least the software sounds good though. That's quite a respectable line-up for spring and summer, even if we're living in the age of remasters. That said, I'd like to hear more about what's planned at launch, seeing as I'm one of the three or so Nintendo fans that isn't into Zelda. I'd hope to see another Nintendo Direct before March 3rd.

This.

Having just bought a PS4, I'll be sitting this out for at least a year, possibly two. A PS4 at £200 with a game (as Eurogamer have said) is what the current market is, but Nintendo look to be creating a new market for the hybrid console/portable. I guess the good thing about launching in March is they can drop the price in November for the holiday season (hopefully nearer the £200 with a game). Looking at the expensive peripherals, bare launch and paid online, I'm actually glad I opted for the PS4. Initially the paid online service made me Sad but if it's a monthly £3.33 or whatever the equivalent is on Sony/Microsoft systems, that's nothing all things considered.

That Mario game looks so damn good though. 1-2-Switch blew me away with that ice cube HD Rumble thing - WarioWare: Switched! comes to mind. I'm interested in Xenoblade 2 and the various RPGs (perfect for sofa gaming), but Splatoon 2, Mario Kart and ARMS are all geared towards local multiplayer, which is looking like a hobby enjoyed only by the wealthy. I think I'll keep my eye on the Switch but the price has put me off.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 15:05

Quite a lot of game prices available on game's website now. A lot looks very pricey, such as bomberman at 45 pounds. I'm hoping for some good bundles get put on there soon Bounce
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 15:09

Just seen on USA sites things like Has Been Heroes is coming to retail for $20.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 16:25

Mr Scullion has been heaping praise on the quality of the handheld display on the twitters. I've seen the rumble feature get a lot of praise too
Bounce Bounce Bounce
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:19

Muss wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

The price of peripherals looks very steep. However, considering the portability of the system, are as many peripherals going to be required this time around? I guess that's going to depend on how many people in your area you know with the system and stuff.

Quite easy to forget that technically theyre giving you 2 player out the gate as well, that of course depends on each individual game and if they use a joy-con but it is still there.

----

gjones wrote:
Having just bought a PS4, I'll be sitting this out for at least a year, possibly two. A PS4 at £200 with a game (as Eurogamer have said) is what the current market is, but Nintendo look to be creating a new market for the hybrid console/portable.

I've been seeing this ps4 price comparison thrown about a lot and I find it silly tbh, ps4 has been out 3 years so of course it'll be cheaper. So, I think its good going that theres only an 80 quid difference.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:34

It is silly but if your looking at it as a outsider who is still on PS360 and you can get a PS4 with a library of over 1000 games at £200 which is more powerful then the Switch.

The casual will likely go for that over the Switch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:41

Yeah I think most arent looking at it that way though, just feels like unnecessary bashing because it's Nintendo.

Mas wrote:
The casual will likely go for that over the Switch

Not sure about that, of course the price difference is a big factor but Nintendos games might sway a casual gamer more.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:47

Didn't with the Wii U and I think the price will put a lot of as the Wii was well priced and had a fantastic pack in title which appealed to people.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:51

And, as this thread approaches the limits imposed by Forumotion, Zero decided to lower the shutters. Aww!

Please feel free to start another general Switch chat thread in this very forum, guys! Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40