We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Votes Discourse

Go down 
+11
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
shanks
Admin
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Votes Discourse - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyTue 15 Jan 2019 - 21:43

Maybe wasn't the best example but something beyond Mario, Zelda, Pokémon that's a bit more unusual on DS Ghost Trick would have been a perfect example.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2019 - 19:37

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I didn't love Rhythm Thief, but I'd be tempted to go back to it after I complete my first post for this new thread: a 30,000 word report on why Paper Mario: Sticker Star is ten times the game of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Ten Opinions That Are Factually Wrong
Number 6 Will Shock You
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2019 - 19:46

And it can, just in a different way. It would rely on folk contributing though, but that's the case with anything on here.

Here's that vote thread from 2014: https://www.gnamer.com/t622-the-big-third-anniversary-3ds-voting-spectacular-with-andyman949?highlight=anniversary

Oh fucking hell, that vote thread had a vote thing at the top, to decide how we voted.

I played less 3DS than most, but I'll just do what we decide to do! (I am inoffensive and sycophantic)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Jan 2019 - 22:48

Jimbob wrote:
And it can, just in a different way. It would rely on folk contributing though, but that's the case with anything on here.

Here's that vote thread from 2014: https://www.gnamer.com/t622-the-big-third-anniversary-3ds-voting-spectacular-with-andyman949?highlight=anniversary

Oh fucking hell, that vote thread had a vote thing at the top, to decide how we voted.

*insert very old Xzibit meme here*
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2019 - 0:53

Taking a peak at that old vote, I don't think I'd deviate much from that top 5 other than maybe to sneak sun and moon in there. Lets start Cappa's idea after the end of year vote.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 12:32

Right, the other vote's done, so I thought I'd pop my head in here and give my thoughts.

I'm a much bigger fan of votes than most, so it goes without saying that I'm all for an end-of-3DS vote. My voting list has changed drastically since Andy's thread, although I reckon the overall winner would be the same and therefore the emphasis would be on results discussion, not 'who might win'.

Having said that, since it would be an end-of-3DS vote rather than an 8th birthday one (which is a somewhat random number to choose), I don't think it needs to happen soon. I'd say that we'd want to leave it for a good few months to get rid of what voting fatigue can be got rid of. And probably not have another vote after that this year. Aaaaaand make it a lot simpler than Andy's thread (just the one main vote? Maybe two, one for Top eShop Game?).

Or we could do it next year like Drunka says. Either/or.

Just an idea here, off the top of my head. Maybe we could do a reviews thread of our favourite games, where participating forumites choose their favourite 3DS game, and contribute a post all about it. And not a wee shitey two-line post either, something that they really go into. In that post, they could discuss things such as what they liked about that game, what they think other people would like about it, as well as aspects of the game design they particularly enjoyed and/or appreciated. We then discuss it together, as we do on a forum. That way, everybody - authors and readers - hopefully has a cracking time.

Apart from half the forum choosing ALBW, I see no reason why we couldn't also do this. It sounds fun, and I'm up for talking about and reading about some games in-depth. I think it serves a different purpose from the votes, and the two might see different lists of people signing up.

Anyway, that's my view. I like talking about and voting for games!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 12:48

Eight is a random number but so is Nine, I was just looking at as we've not done a 3DS vote for ages and with the system pretty much done, why not tie in to a anniversary.

You're right the discussion is the main thing not who won and I like seeing the likes of people's 6th choice game as can be a interesting read.

That I can see Cappa is coming from, just go straight to the discussion but would it just be ALBW, Pokémon etc the top games talked about not the likes of my bad example Rhythm Thief which could have been someone's 6th place game for example.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 13:09

If that's what they'd like to discuss, there's nothing wrong with folk talking about A Link Between World's or Pokémon though. You'd definitely get more dialogue from those types of games, and that's a good thing. That said, I think most folk here have a stronger view on a vote/discussion thread than I do. Being honest, I'm not that arsed...

...but then again, my interest in another vote thread just isn't there at all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 13:18

There isn't and I'd very much like to read what people have to say about those games, I'm talking about the other 1000 games beyond the obvious 5 or 6 games though, as after reading about game Z you might think about checking it out or something.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 15:22

There's far more chance we'll talk about interesting games in Cappas thread than in a vote though?

I also cant be arsed with another vote. my pokeymans one wasnt that long ago either . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 15:31

Possibly I agree with Cappa, You etc we don't need a vote I just thought it be easy as you'd write about your favourite 10 games. That's what I want to see, interesting chat about games you like.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 20:45

How about I do a proof on concept of my idea? I'll type something up, stick it up in this thread, and youse can decide if you like the idea or not. If it's good, sound, we can try my idea. If it's baws, fair enough, we'll not do that. Does that sound fair?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 21:12

I think it'll work just fine, but I'm down for you kicking proceeding off, TCK. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 21:29

Yeah, chuck it in a thread lad.

Dance Dance BELIEVE IN YOURSELF Dance Dance
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jan 2019 - 21:43

I'm up for cracking on with the thread! I'll stake the proverbial house on it not being baws.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2019 - 11:07

No problem. I rattled something off last night - I'll start a new thread in the next few days.

I'd probably better put a couple of rules in place. I take it everyone is all right with just the one game being discussed at a time? Also, would it be fair to agree that if, say, three/four days pass without a new comment in the thread, then it's time to move on to a new game and a new conversation?

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2019 - 12:17

Sounds sound, hopefully it lasts a long time and doesn't drop off like some forum games after a few weeks
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2019 - 12:27

Agreed with those rules.  I trust we'll have some good discussion, and things won't drop off until we reach Sticker Star.

Actually I say that: I've got a lot to contribute about Sticker Star. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2019 - 20:35

The 3DS thread is now up and running. I'm happy to change the rules, the title and anything else that folk don't like. Otherwise, batter in Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySat 7 Aug 2021 - 18:52

masofdas wrote:
A 5th anniversary Switch [vote] would be neat next year.

Dunno if everybody else is over their voting fatigue yet? It's been a while since we had a vote that's not an end-year, and I'd be up for another one soonish. Doesn't have to be that idea, could do best Mario games or something.

The only thing I'd say is that when the Switch is finally done, I'd really love a big fat ten-week genre-specific vote. I think the Switch has a great variety of games that I'd love to explore in more detail like that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 8 Aug 2021 - 12:18

I like them best when they're for a reason; end of year, some kind of anniversary, settling a debate. You can't force something to feel like an event, it needs to be an event.

I mean, I'll take part either way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 8 Aug 2021 - 17:27

Why I brought up 5th Anniversary as kinda special.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 8 Aug 2021 - 19:23

If you build it, (make the topic) they will come. (maybe)
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptySun 8 Aug 2021 - 21:09

How about something completely unique that nobody has ever done? Best games you've played with a 3 in them? Top 5 Games You Shouldn't Like? Top 5 GameCube Boxart? If you had a 12-year old son (or version of yourself) what 5 games would you make them play? The options are endless!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 EmptyMon 9 Aug 2021 - 14:28

If you can think of something like that, Balla, that'd be good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Votes Discourse
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next