We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Votes Discourse

Go down 
+11
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
shanks
Admin
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Votes Discourse - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 23:15

Treesmurf wrote:
I could lose it mainly because I hate picking favourites, everyone is just the best.

Ah, Smurf. You've got my vote if the category sticks around. Thumbs Up!

Treesmurf wrote:
That should be enough to get me the votes should it go ahead I reckon.

Votes Discourse - Page 4 F0d
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:57

I know the forum votes a while off but I don't know why I was thinking about them last night more specifically the game sides of things.

I know I talked about them last year and can't remember what awards we did have, yet I'd like to see:

Overall Top 5 Games of the Year, mainly due to the lack of podcast

Top 3 (I think it's 3) Nintendo Switch games, Anything out on Switch

Top 3 eShop or indies (it is Balla, so guessing just eShop) games
, Now I'm someone who likes a good indie but I do think if a game is good enough it's good enough like how Celeste was nominated alongside God of War, RDR2 at TGA but I see the Switch award being Pokemon and SMASH heavy.

Top 3 Nintendo Other games, Basically the 3DS one but looking at that forum section today it's not been that busy of a year it seems for us lot with the 3DS and I think the same goes for Mobile and Wii U (yes it did get games) that these three may as well be together.

Top 3 Nontendo Exclusives games, Basically your Sea of Thieves of this world which is an Xbox Console Exclusive not

Top 3 Multi-format games
, For your PES's, Red Dead's etc

Top 3 Most Anticipated games of 2019
, Anything that has some sort of 2019 date sorry Death Standing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 19:09

The votes are going to go up soon Mas, but I can tell you now that we're likely to go the other way. Fewer games awards over more. It's not really the focus of the awards, that's the forum: and with fewer people to vote, we're hoping that simpler votes will make the process less arduous and get more people on board.

Apologies, but Jay and I are fairly aligned with how they should look.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 19:14

Can't say I'm not disappointed especially when was talk of fewer forum awards as well such as best forumite.

Well if less then I'd like to see

Best Switch, Best Nontendo and best Multiformat at the very least, which sort of covers everything.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 19:34

I say that, but given all the changes we're making this time, we'd be daft not to take feedback on board. If you can get support for changes then we'll definitely consider them.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 19:53

Selfishly, I think I've only played about 3 2018 games in total this year, so I'm alright with this change! Although I agree that most of the awards we do have should be game related as opposed to forum related; I usually can't choose those things because it's like choosing a favourite son.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:20

At least one of the forum awards has been tailored to be less 'son-like': hopefully that will help! (Or just vote for the gaming bits, up to you. (We'd rather you voted for all of the categories though, of course! (How many sets of brackets can I nest before it starts to look silly?)))
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 20:56

Baubleadeer wrote:
I say that, but given all the changes we're making this time, we'd be daft not to take feedback on board.  If you can get support for changes then we'll definitely consider them.

I think most will think I want one where I can vote for SMASH which is Switch, one where I can vote for God of War that's Nontendo and one where I can vote for Monster Hunter which is multiformat and that's plenty.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 21:07

No, I'm fine with just having a Nintendo list and an everything else list. Why do you need to make the separation?

Having said that, I don't think I've played 5 new games on any system this year, and I can't remember what happened on the forum this year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 21:18

We've always had a least Nintendo, Nontendo Exclusives, Multiformat.

I guess the Nintendo list would be dominated by Nintendo games, why Multiformat is there and that may over look the exclusives on the other systems.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 21:21

I don't think the Switch list would be dominated by Nintendo, not with the year the Shop's had. I also don't see the need to separate the - really very few - exclusives on other systems.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 21:37

Well from quickly looking the PS4 got roughly 70 console exclusives, not sure how that's very few and why choose change something that isn't broke?

I was just looking at what could replace 3DS and what maybe could be added that would affect the standard three such as most anticipated games of 2019.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 22:41

This is very much why I included the FAQ sections in the awards post.  Short answer: it was broke.  Go back to last year's multiplat, where only one game got more than one vote's worth of points, if you want to see the breakage.  This might well have had something to do with the lousy number of votes the gaming categories got (apparently, according to Zero).  

Honestly I'd forgotten the reason a bit until I looked back at 2017.  Having done so I can't imagine any benefit to expanding the gaming awards.  Sorry Mas.

(Incidentally my first place for Switch is unlikely to be a Nintendo game.)

Last edited by Baubleadeer on Sun 16 Dec 2018 - 22:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 22:45

I said a few posts ago I don't mind no expansion on the game awards but would like to see the same awards Nintendo, Nontendo Exclusives and Multiformat.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 22:48

From where they are now in the awards thread I mean.  Not unless you can drum up more enthusiasm for the idea from elsewhere on the forum.

Also putting this here to try and cheekily direct everybody towards the awards.[/poetry]
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 23:02

Vote of 5 does sort of work in away for those but I did think we had clear winners last year after Life is Strange was recounted.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 23:45

masofdas wrote:
Well from quickly looking the PS4 got roughly 70 console exclusives, not sure how that's very few and why choose change something that isn't broke?

I really do think a statement like this is a bit bonkers as I don't think anyone here beyond yourself and maybe Andy will have played more than a few PS4 exclusives.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 16:35

In a few months, the 3DS will turn 8 years old.

Now we've had previous votes for the system but not since it's a 3rd birthday as we must have missed its 5th as if you look at the DS, Wii & Wii U they had been biannual votes.

Speaking of Nintendo's other systems we have had in the past one final the console is now over whats the best of the best vote tied into an anniversary, is it now time for that vote?

I do know there are still 3DS games coming out but looking back at the DS, Wii and Wii U (they still get games as well) they had games coming out still after we did the vote.

The other thing is the forum vote which from what I gather may have 6 votes which includes the host Balla, that you guys might not want a vote again this year or at all. Now, these might be viewed differently as there has been talk about not being a fan of voting for forum members, where this would be games that you may be more open to it.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 17:15

Maybe we could change how we go about threads like that.

Just an idea here, off the top of my head. Maybe we could do a reviews thread of our favourite games, where participating forumites choose their favourite 3DS game, and contribute a post all about it. And not a wee shitey two-line post either, something that they really go into. In that post, they could discuss things such as what they liked about that game, what they think other people would like about it, as well as aspects of the game design they particularly enjoyed and/or appreciated. We then discuss it together, as we do on a forum. That way, everybody - authors and readers - hopefully has a cracking time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 17:34

See what people think, I'm not against that idea but I know I would likely only be a reader and could we just see the same few games talked about and not a wider selection.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 19:13

If there's a few months to go, I'd rather discuss things after the vote thread which has one day to go is done, to avoid potential voting fatigue affecting both threads.  So I'll mostly stay out of this for now. I like vote threads; I also like Cappa's idea.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:53

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Just an idea here, off the top of my head. Maybe we could do a reviews thread of our favourite games, where participating forumites choose their favourite 3DS game, and contribute a post all about it. And not a wee shitey two-line post either, something that they really go into. In that post, they could discuss things such as what they liked about that game, what they think other people would like about it, as well as aspects of the game design they particularly enjoyed and/or appreciated. We then discuss it together, as we do on a forum. That way, everybody - authors and readers - hopefully has a cracking time.

I really like this idea. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 23:56

I definitely prefer Cappa's idea. Mas, you write stuff all the time these days you can write about a game. As for the issue of overlap, we could make that a rule and dish out games first come, first served.

I always have vote fatigue. I only did my vote because I tried to use the Simply The Best thread and everyone bitched about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jan 2019 - 9:01

I was thinking about this last night and people having vote fatigue along with the possibility of overlap. Drunka you do bring up a way around that but let's say only 6 people taking part, what we going to get 6 reviews that doesn't really celebrate the 3DS.

Why don't we sort of do both as in you just post your Top 10 and if you want to write about any games you like, how we posted 2D platformers in the random thoughts thread and we did RPGs.

This way if 5 of you want to write about Link Between Worlds you can and more then 6 or so games get talked about as normally those games in 7th or 8th can be rather interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Jan 2019 - 13:52

I don't think there's any danger of folk being so inflexible that they wouldn't be willing to write about a different game from others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Votes Discourse
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next