We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vote For Iwata's Best Game

Go down 
+10
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 14:26

Balladeer wrote:

Zero has, to be fair, pointed out a great thing (the awards) about the original two games that has been sadly lost in translation.  Although it and the original Break the Targets were both in SSBM too, Zero, so when you say that the original was your favourite I look at you like this: Suspect

You know, I'd actually forgotten about those little awards you'd get at the end of each fight. Such a small feature that I'd love to see back in Smash 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 16:11

@Shanks we have touched on why already when SMASH4 was placed

@Balla maybe me saying Melee was officially the best was a bit much but it has placed higher the SMASH4, that might be because it's the better game (which it is) or that it has more Iwataness to it.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 16:29

I'd wager it's the Iwata-ness that's got it a higher position, which is fine, given the nature of the thread!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 17:46

Now the worry sets in as I wait for a certain game to appear, if it doesn't I'll be sorely disappointed in you all.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 18:13

Uh-oh... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 19:02

Iwata didn't have anything to do with Dark Souls, Jas!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 19:12

ZeroJones wrote:
Uh-oh... Embarrassed

Hissy fit

balla wrote:
Iwata didn't have anything to do with Dark Souls, Jas!

I don't mean that and now you have probably mentioned Dark souls more times in non related threads than I have, so good job. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 19:20

Still not okay with the name thing, sorry.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 20:16

Boo
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 8:54

Let's break the gathering tension by releasing the hounds! next result! Very Happy

Fourth Place:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 9:01

Well, I was wrong about the order, but I could still be right about the games - this was my first place. Grin Ugly as hell (and that's just Colin), it did almost everything else right.

I did forget MM when talking about 3D Zelda overworlds, but honestly, that's emblematic of how I feel about MM. Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 9:15

I did vote Twilight, a great game which was my 4th. So far I've seen my 6th, 3rd and now 4th. I can't really any more of mine really pop up unless Iwataness helps get one of them to a high place.

Still don't get how it's ugly, maybe a bit now but when it came out it looked great and that's what a lot of Zelda fans wanted after Wind Waker  to go back to a more realistic Ocarina of Time style.

But am pleased Nintendo has found a happy medium with art style with Zelda U.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 9:24

This is one area where I and the rest of the voting public seem to have a misunderstanding. We're voting now, not in the past, so I vote on how good I feel the game is now, compared against other games that are out now.

I always try (not saying I succeed, SM64 the most obvious case) to vote without nostalgia, without rose-tinted specs. We're voting for "Iwata's Best Game", not "Iwata's Game that Gave You the Fluffiest Memories but is a Bit Rubbish Now". Obviously the voting conditions are open to interpretation (most obviously seen with some people using "Iwata-ness" as a voting factor, others not), but that's how I see 'em.

I didn't particularly like TP's art direction when it was released. Now, at time of voting, it's downright ugly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 10:05

Just put Twilight into the Cube, it looks fine to me considering the age etc but that might just because I play retro games now and again.

On the voting I think Earthbound will win and that's due to Iwata-ness, is it the best game now like you said how you voted, it's clearly no but is it the best the at iwata had a hand in most likely yes.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 10:50

I actually find Twilight Princess to have a rugged beauty that hasn't aged badly at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 11:48

Well you know what they say about beauty!

masofdas wrote:
On the voting I think Earthbound will win and that's due to Iwata-ness, is it the best game now like you said how you voted, it's clearly no but is it the best the at iwata had a hand in most likely yes.

EB, topple SMG? Nah, can't see it. I do think it'll place, and I disagree with your last clause(s? Not quite clear)... but I'll save that for when it pops up.

Best game Iwata actually directly provably had a hand in is probably still Mêlée. It's been outclassed (in my opinion, before that starts again), but GSC have been outclassed by themselves, and it's not EB.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 15:38

JayMoyles wrote:

I reckon Earthbound will be third. SMG in first... not sure about the rest. Maybe Metroid Prime and a Zelda.

I'm on course for being GNamer's Nostradamus!

Happy with Twilight Princess in 4th, even if it's not my favourite Zelda. It's a cracking game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 17:10

Balladeer wrote:
Zero has, to be fair, pointed out a great thing (the awards) about the original two games that has been sadly lost in translation.  Although it and the original Break the Targets were both in SSBM too, Zero, so when you say that the original was your favourite I look at you like this: Suspect

I never had a GameCube, so I only really played Melee once I was a Wii owner, and even then not very much. Neutral

Last edited by ZeroJones on Wed 29 Jul 2015 - 8:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ruddy editing on a phone!)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 8:14

DoPo, but the bronze medallist can now be revealed!

Third Place:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 8:53

Well. Both Jay and I were right out!

In retrospect, it's obvious that once TP ranked, WW would rank above it. WW remains the forum's favourite Zelda, after all (and GNamer submitted most of the votes). It's right on the opposite end of the spectrum to TP: glaring gameplay holes, yet an aesthetic so charming that many of them could be overlooked. It's not my favourite Zelda, but I can see why it ranked highly.

The question now is, what misses out? EB, or my second choice?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 8:55

@Zero how did you never have a GameCube, did you at least mange to play most of its great library on Wii.

I wasn't sure we would see my 1st place, so are we all thinking 2nd & 1st is between Earthbound & SMG.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 9:09

masofdas wrote:
@Zero how did you never have a GameCube, did at least mange to play most of its great library on Wii.

When I went to university I lost touch with gaming for a little while. This included the beginning of the GameCube era. By the time I was earning enough to get one, the Wii was coming around the corner, so I held off. I have played a few Cube games through the Wii, yes - everything GC-y on this list, and Viewtiful Joe, Pokémon XD...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 9:25

You played some good ones then, on the voting tomorrow is second and Friday first after that are we going to see all the other games voted and where they placed along with what GNamer Top 10 is & what SONM Top 10 is ohh and honourable mentions.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 10:15

There will probably be a slow drip-feed of other results, yes. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2015 - 12:12

I'm interested to see what the results would look like without the "Iwata emphasis".

If EB does beat my second choice into the top ten, I will go on a little bit of a rant. Suffice to say for now, I think that EB the TV show would have been brilliant. EB the game can "do one".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote For Iwata's Best Game   Vote For Iwata's Best Game - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vote For Iwata's Best Game
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next