We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Go down 
+14
Xelviar
Buskalilly
Axis1500
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Admin
fronkhead
shanks
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 7:49

It's back in my 3DS! The first mission from the second mansion is done. I figured out why my progress is so slow compared - I'm not liking the idea that you can only save once a mission is complete. That's not how handheld gaming should work, to my mind.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:57

Balladeer wrote:
Damn clock boss indeed.

treesmurf11 wrote:
I spotted a sentence on this page that really made me giggle because I'm immature and it sounded wrong, see if you can find what it is.

Fancy Fancy wrote:
... & can only play for around 20 minutes before stopping due to hand cramps.

Do I win?
Yes because that one made me giggle too, not the one I was thinking of though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 7:14

"Suck the white ghost deer up three times", then? Help me out here. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 23:51

Yes. "Multiple skins that you can suck off". Disgusting talk that Dusty.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 22:06

Finally! I'm into the fifth mansion, after feeling that the fourth mansion ended rather abruptly. At least it didn't outstay its welcome, though!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 0:45

I'm currently up to the fourth mansion and chasing after the ghosts with the chains
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 9:48

I've made it to the fifth and final mansion and I'm taking about 45 minutes to complete the missions for fear of missing something...yet still missing gems! The puzzles I have managed to solve are smarter than ever before.

What did people think of the boss of the fourth mansion? I wasn't keen. Mad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 10:58

Oh come on, it wasn't that bad! A little non-Luigi's Mansion, to be sure, but it wasn't a massive let-down like the boss level in world 2.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 16:32

Balladeer wrote:
Oh come on, it wasn't that bad! A little non-Luigi's Mansion, to be sure, but it wasn't a massive let-down like the boss level in world 2.

The Boss in the second mansion wasn't much of a fight, but I quite liked the design. It would have been better if it had been, say, first you fight the staircase, then the house and then the whole tree, something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 22:58

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

The Boss in the second mansion wasn't much of a fight, but I quite liked the design. It would have been better if it had been, say, first you fight the staircase, then the house and then the whole tree, something like that.

I liked the second boss battle too, though I wholeheartedly expected Luigi to get dragged into the tantalising door of that little treehouse as he struggled to remove that thing from his shoe in the little cinematic at the end. The run up the staircase before the battle was extremely boring, though.

I liked the fourth boss battle! It felt a bit like something out of Star Fox 64 (though it was a bit on the pedestrian side).
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 4:39

Stop everything. Why did nobody tell me you can jump while you're sucking-up ghosts? I thought we were friends.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 7:05

Why is Luigi always jumping into the fat ghosts? Answer me that
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 8:43

Honestly, I never used the jump. I spent most of the game being unaware of its existence. The fat ones do like getting close and personal with Luigi, though.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 11:39

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Stop everything. Why did nobody tell me you can jump while you're sucking-up ghosts? I thought we were friends.

I keep forgetting it's there, and the couple of times I've used it by accident it's not achieved anything worthwhile anyways. Can it be employed to jump over the gloop that the Gobbers spit out? Unless you can jump to either side, it's not much use when goop is being fired into your mush.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 15:02

I use the jump most when I'm in a room with those irritating ghosts who like to throw things at you, helps for avoiding the objects they chuck. It actually helped a lot on the second-to-last mission on the fifth mansion, when you're out on the balcony.

Speaking of the fat ghosts, what is a good tactic for defeating them? If you try and hover them for a long time, you'll always slip on the goop they spit. I build the Poltergust's suckbar(?) up to the first bar, press A, let go, and then repeat, but this takes ages to off the ghost.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 15:08

Beyond that and negotiating carefully around the stains on the floor, I don't think there's much else that can be done. Meh
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 18:38

I keep plugging away at them in much the same way; you tend to find that engaging with one too long leads to it spitting at you. No problem if it's the only ghost in the room, but if you're up against a Gobber and a Sneaker, prepare to be irritated.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 3:04

Currently up to the 4th mansion boss which is starting to annoy me a bit
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 22:49

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Wait. What? Why did nobody tell me?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 7:22

Dusty Knackers wrote:
You do jump - because it's scary!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 20:35

No time for games for me this week. I think I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Confused
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 22:43

treesmurf11 wrote:
Dusty Knackers wrote:
Wait. What? Why did nobody tell me?

some folk who dont read the manual (card thingy) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 23:33

Thing is, had they included an actual manual, I would have read it. Sad
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 1:16

Finished this now, and kinda liked the final boss battle,
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 5:09

I'm back on this again, onto the 3rd mission of the second mansion, loving the buckets & balloons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next