We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Go down 
+14
Xelviar
Buskalilly
Axis1500
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Admin
fronkhead
shanks
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 9:27

Just beat the boss of mansion 4. A little out of place, maybe, but not as awful as some people make out.
One mansion to go! When I finish this I'm diving into castlevania and fire emblem, but I'll keep coming back to it and secrets and things, same as with SM 3DL and NSMB2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 9:29

Stu_the_great wrote:
I wholeheartedly expected Luigi to get dragged into the tantalising door of that little treehouse as he struggled to remove that thing from his shoe in the little cinematic at the end

I was sure that tree house would be something. Now I really want to know what's in it, it's taken on a mystical side for me. Like Jacobs hut in Lost.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 7:59

Wonderful though this game is, I don't feel that there's much replay value. The only reward for completing bonus missions et al. is a small mark on your save file, and it really doesn't seem enough incentive to plough through some of the levels to get three-star ratings.

I do like the statues of Luigi though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 19:14

So I've reached Paranormal Chaos & I'm hugely disappointed in the fact that I can't beat it. I've watched videos of it & after 10 attempts I reached the Terrace only to be killed after 10 minutes. I add that I'm not fully maxed out & I don't want to replay any levels & there is no way that I'm going to spend another 20 minutes battling the same ghosts again & again.

Now I admit I'm a pretty average gamer, but why couldn't there have been a mid level save point to help those gamers who aren't that good? You could lose points if you took advantage of this, but it would at least give you a bit of satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 8:29

I was like that near the end, I had enough to have the upgraded poltergust and then I just went through and didn't care what rank I got or of I found the Boo
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 16:36

Fancy Fancy wrote:
So I've reached Paranormal Chaos & I'm hugely disappointed in the fact that I can't beat it.

It's a tough nut to crack. I died once before I even got to the Terrace, then on the second attempt I died on the Terrace but I had a doggle bone so I was resurrected. I managed it by luring as many of the little beggars into a corner as possible while charging my flashbulb, then stunned them all together just before they attacked. Very tricky though, and the purple sneaky ones really didn't help.

I'm now on what I believe is the final mission, but then again I thought we were on the final showdown two missions ago...
Back to top Go down
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: Luigi's Mansion 2   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 16:51

Balladeer wrote:
Wonderful though this game is, I don't feel that there's much replay value. The only reward for completing bonus missions et al. is a small mark on your save file, and it really doesn't seem enough incentive to plough through some of the levels to get three-star ratings.

I do like the statues of Luigi though.

Who doesn't like the statues of Luigi?
Back to top Go down
http://socialgamers.forumotion.co.uk/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 19:09

Have we all missed the incredible fact that Yahtzee likes a Nintendo game for once?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 19:28

Balladeer wrote:
Have we all missed the incredible fact that Yahtzee likes a Nintendo game for once?

Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 1:01

I missed that fact because Yahtzee is an intolerable arse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 2:58

Nope I saw that the other day, just forgot to mention it
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 6:28

treesmurf11 wrote:
Never seen anyone put it quite as well as that. Seriously, how miserable is he?

Did the second mission in the second mansion yesterday. I'll catch up with y'all someday...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 7:54

treesmurf11 wrote:

That's the point though, isn't it? He's a funny intolerable arse though. I still chuckle about Uncle Tusky. (I suppose that makes him a tolerable arse, but whatever.)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 10:24

I think he's gone soft recently anyway and it kind of defeats the point of it.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 10:34

Really? He still hates most stuff doesn't he?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 10:43

On average I'd say he's been liking far more than he's hated. I've stopped watching it so regularly because of that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:07

I still watch it every week, but it's not like I listen to his opinions or anything. It's just a bit of fun.

He liked zombiu. And I think he sort of like Lego city. In fact, the last Nintendo game he disliked was paper Mario sticker star, which was fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:16

I didn't get that! Maybe he is going soft. Shocked Or perhaps it didn't come across because he was bashing the Wii U at the same time.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 11:57

Did you see him do his poetry reading?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 12:11

I'm very fond of those, I must admit. And I like Jim's readings as well, even though I don't watch his show.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 12:34

Yeah I did to and also don't watch his things
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 7:13

Spent over an hour on what I'm calling the Garden Hoes (!) mission last night. Expecting to be brought in on charges of Toad abuse at any moment!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 10:27

Fancy Fancy wrote:
So I've reached Paranormal Chaos & I'm hugely disappointed in the fact that I can't beat it.
This was a brutal level. Definitely the hardest of the game.
Best out now though! And shortly after, the whole game. A great little title and a nice way to kick off the year of Luigi. 3DS is really having a great year.

On to Fire Emblem now, but like SM3DL and NSMB2 before it I'm sure I'll keep coming back to Luigi to unlock everything.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 23:46

I hate people who hate everything...

Anyway on the last mansion now, it feels much less linear than the previous 3, more similar to the first as well as the original game which I think is the best route, the themes are good and all but they just don't have the same magic to them.

Also, I know nobody actually plays with the 3D on anymore these days but the snow falling in 3D looks stunning, perhaps the best bit of 3D I've seen the console produce yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 7:21

I do! And if there's a game where it's worth turning the 3D up, this is it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon   Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next