We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+9
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Dead Lemon
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 10:37

It might just be that I got used to the controls, but whilst I remember struggling at first, I wasn't by the end. As far as modes go, I sunk a hell of a lot of time into the 3ds one because it was so convenient. I was commuting for an extra hour a day, so I did every mode with every character pretty much. On the Wii U I'm setting up a console & TV for something that's only a little more in depth than the 3DS version, plus I've got all sorts of other, more immersive single player games I could be playing.
If it was 10 years ago, Smash Wii U would've topped my list no questions asked, it just doesn't fit anywhere into my life with more money/less time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 10:50

Eh, that's fair. As a Nintendo-only gamer who's willing to put the time into Smash, I found the Wii U game better - if you've got less time, especially if you've got a commute, I can see why it would go the other way, for convenience's sake anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 12:25

On remasters we have to agree to disagree as I just went for I thought was the 10 best games be it a new or old and I reckon we do this again Twilight Princess is in my Top 10.

Great Number 1 in Splatoon (it got more votes), I didn't go for Kart mainly same reasons as SMASH as it's good but not favourite genres and better in the series.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 21 Dec 2015 - 15:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 12:37

If I were doing it on that basis, I'd probably have given the first place to MK8.  It got fewer votes, but the people who liked it liked it more on average than Splatoon.

But I'm not, and I'm glad I'm not because having these two first places is possibly the best outcome. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 15:18

But it was the most popular choice unless something like placed 10th in all 10 votes and got 10 points.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 15:34

I disagree, but it's utterly academic because that's not being used as a criterion anyway.  You wouldn't decide a drawn Premier League game on possession, and we're not deciding this on vote numbers.  Two superb games came joint top, which is a brilliant outcome: that's all there is to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 17:42

Only one is Superb Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 17:58

A little bit shocked at the joint outcome but both are really ace games so no real complaints here, top work on the thread as well Balla. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 18:11

Balla should be elected Nintendo Pope for his inkredible (sorry, couldn't resist) work on this thread. Applause Thanks for this - it must have been a lot of hard work.

And that result! I reckon we could all tell what the top three were going to be - Captain Toad was robbed, by the way Tongue - but not the order... and the joint first was a fine way to end it. I had trouble separating those two in my votes, to be honest. Can't wait for more resultage! Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 21:04

JayMoyles wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Smash Wii U
Splatoon
Pikmin 3
Super Mario Maker
Wind Waker HD.

Slightly obvious Nostradamus walks among you!

What I couldn't predict was that stunning tie! Great work on the courtroom scene by the way Balla, and the thread in general! Applause
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 21:23

Now I know how Cappa felt! Top prediction work Jayseph.

And thanks all! Glad the thread's been so (ahem) pope-ular thus far.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 22:44

Yay! That's all I can add. I don't know why but it seems to be a very good thing that two games were equally loved.

Well done Balla for pouring out 1000s of words into this; just after your other wordy trials as well.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 23:01

I approve.
I'd add more but I haven't much GNAMER time lately. 15 hour days will do that to you, especially when you go more than two weeks without a day off.

Top work Balls Man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 6:03

Not so sure I'd rank Splatoon that highly honestly. It's good, but it's also extremely barebones. The skeleton of a all-time great rather than a fully formed one. It's basically got Smash 3ds syndrome, very good game, but it needs a fair bit more meat on it. Can't comment on Kart as I've yet to get that one although if it's as fun as Wii with better gameplay and visuals it probably deserves its spot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 7:47

Every other game you voted for in Stage 2:

My thoughts on the remaining votes:

Five Stage 2 STAR COMMENTS:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 7:51

Gutted for Hyrule Warriors knowing that bloody Mario Maker placed. That game is a pure joy to play! If you've not played it, regardless of your thoughts on DW, you should check it out. It's also another display of Nintendo DLC done amazingly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 10:56

Let's polish this thing off.

Honourable Mentions:

Dishonourable Mentions:

My thoughts on the honourables and dishonourables:

The last gasp:

Stick a fork in it, this vote's done.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 11:18

Good stuff Balla, a great thread again.

Screw Mario Maker.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 15:04

Excellent stuff, from beginning to end. Applause Thank you for the awards I'm sharing with Jimbob; my Splatoon comment doesn't even scan properly! Duh! It's been a pleasure to read everything. Let's do it again for the... first year of the NX, will it be? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 16:01

Athrun888 wrote:
Not so sure I'd rank Splatoon that highly honestly.  It's good, but it's also extremely barebones.  The skeleton of a all-time great rather than a fully formed one.  It's basically got Smash 3ds syndrome, very good game, but it needs a fair bit more meat on it.  Can't comment on Kart as I've yet to get that one although if it's as fun as Wii with better gameplay and visuals it probably deserves its spot.  

Have you only played Splatoon in single player? As many said it was barebones when it launched (which it was in a MP sense) but with all they added to it since then it's anything but barebones now, I voted it top because not only is it the most fun I've had with a game this year it's the most fun I've had on the wii U.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 19:06

I may not have contributed but I read the results. Good write-up and presentation Balla Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 19:10

Aw cheers DL!  And thanks to everyone else who's commented on the vote, but it especially means a lot from somebody who didn't/couldn't contribute. Smile
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 23:09

The_Jaster wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
Not so sure I'd rank Splatoon that highly honestly.  It's good, but it's also extremely barebones.  The skeleton of a all-time great rather than a fully formed one.  It's basically got Smash 3ds syndrome, very good game, but it needs a fair bit more meat on it.  Can't comment on Kart as I've yet to get that one although if it's as fun as Wii with better gameplay and visuals it probably deserves its spot.  

Have you only played Splatoon in single player? As many said it was barebones when it launched (which it was in a MP sense) but with all they added to it since then it's anything but barebones now, I voted it top because not only is it the most fun I've had with a game this year it's the most fun I've had on the wii U.

Thinking about it bare-bones may not be the right word for it, restrictive might be a closer match.  Needlessly so.  I get what they were going for with the online mode, with the rotation of things and so on, but it just feels more restrictive than, say, Mario Kart Wii did.  

It's good, no doubt about that, but I think it's another game and a bunch of refinements short of being the game it could be.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 23:24

Thanks for your kind words in the final words though Balla, but more importantly, thanks once again for another great vote thread! Voting threads are always a highlight of GNamer for me, and yours was fantastic as always! Applause
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2015 - 17:06

Athrun888 wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:

Thinking about it bare-bones may not be the right word for it, restrictive might be a closer match.  Needlessly so.  I get what they were going for with the online mode, with the rotation of things and so on, but it just feels more restrictive than, say, Mario Kart Wii did.  

It's good, no doubt about that, but I think it's another game and a bunch of refinements short of being the game it could be.

As much as the rotation bugged me sometimes I don't think I'd like them to deliver the maps/modes in the standard way as you'd not only lose that surprise of what will you be playing today but also & more importantly it splits up the player base as more folk would stick to ranked matches only etc.

So currently the only thing I'd like them to change is add more than 2 maps at time into the rotation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next