We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Annoying advertising + possible domain?

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Muss
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Spiralcannon2-CW
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 20:24

Muss wrote:
I normally wouldn't have bothered complaining, but I was actually in the middle of a post when a cricket pop-up wouldn't go away.

Could've been worse! Grin

I know this isn't very helpful for Muss, but they seem to have got less frequent for me of late. It comes in waves. Meh
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Sep 2021 - 13:43

Woah - Advert o'clock! Just got presented with another Cookies Consent thing, and now the ads I see before logging in are all over the shop at all times. These make things borderline unusable on most websites, a bit pissed off.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Sep 2021 - 21:10

Aye, I'm getting the same thing & it just splits up big parts of the site making it harder to use.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Sep 2021 - 21:14

It may be that our premium package subscription thing has expired - I'll need to double-check.

EDIT: Hopped onto the admin account and I think it was indeed that! Should be sorted now. I should add that if anyone ever wants to chip in towards the renewal of those features down the line, that'd be absolutely appreciated but by no means feel obligated to do so! We're good for another year now anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Sep 2021 - 21:18

Ahh I assume that was the case as I already don't see ads now. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 5:30

How much is that shit, Jay? I don't have any GNamer-related outgoings at all, as my Patreon covers Mash and LLP and I think, insanely, Zero of all people is keeping Gintendo alive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep 2021 - 17:07

It's about £55 for 5000 Forumotion Credits (big Wii Shop Channel points vibes) and our renewal is 4500 credits per year. It'd be more than that as it's normally 1200 credits for a domain renewal as well, but we get that for free as our forum apparently has a high level of activity and Forumotion like that, seemingly!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep 2021 - 18:17

I wouldn't be against a switch online style family membership set up as long as we get enough regulars willing to throw in some cash.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 4:22

JayMoyles wrote:
It's about £55 for 5000 Forumotion Credits (big Wii Shop Channel points vibes) and our renewal is 4500 credits per year. It'd be more than that as it's normally 1200 credits for a domain renewal as well, but we get that for free as our forum apparently has a high level of activity and Forumotion like that, seemingly!

I genuinely thought this was a bit for a while there. Why does a service like this need a load of "credits" bollocks?!??!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 10:13

Buskalilly wrote:
How much is that shit, Jay? I don't have any GNamer-related outgoings at all, as my Patreon covers Mash and LLP and I think, insanely, Zero of all people is keeping Gintendo alive.

I let all the web names expire, so I have no idea who now has likes of GNamer.co.uk etc
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 19:09

The_Jaster wrote:
I wouldn't be against a switch online style family membership set up as long as we get enough regulars willing to throw in some cash.

I should mention that there's zero obligation to throw in some cash with this - I'm more than happy to keep this place running and I'm sure Balla has said as much as well. Just throw us a few bucks if you want to chip in, but don't feel like you need to!

Buskalilly wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

I genuinely thought this was a bit for a while there. Why does a service like this need a load of "credits" bollocks?!??!

The only reason I can rationalise it is to avoid foreign currency transfer fees, but aye, no clue really!

masofdas wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:

I let all the web names expire, so I have no idea who now has likes of GNamer.co.uk etc

We get gnamer.com as part of our forum package, but aye, the other domains might be lost to the ether now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 21:17

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I should mention that there's zero obligation to throw in some cash with this - I'm more than happy to keep this place running and I'm sure Balla has said as much as well. Just throw us a few bucks if you want to chip in, but don't feel like you need to!

Yep! Smile

masofdas wrote:

Nobody, apparently. Can't imagine why such prime online real estate hasn't been snapped up.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 16:16

Oh blimey - I had no idea that there was money going into this forum. Yeah, I'll also chip in if we're doing a friends-o-pot for this.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Sep 2021 - 9:24

Can count me in for contributions too, just let us know when and how.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Sep 2021 - 16:22

Forumotion should be paying you an additional Expansion Pack fee to access The Cappuccino Kid Online.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2022 - 19:16

I've never had problems with ads on here, but now they won't stop popping up at the bottom and all over the place.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 18:50

That's because it's the yearly renewal for our Forumotion package, so ads aren't disabled at present for members. It's usually about 45 euros for a year's renewal or thereabouts.

We'll try and get it sorted soon, so apologies for the ads in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 20:59

That should do it, can somebody confirm?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 22:28

Aye it looks better now. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Sep 2022 - 6:53

Cheers Jas!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 14:04

Yep looks good now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying advertising + possible domain?   Annoying advertising + possible domain? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Annoying advertising + possible domain?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2