We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift

Go down 
+16
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Katie Hopkins
shanks
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Jimbob
masofdas
Muss
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 19:52

That game definitely has a sense of humour! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 20:56

It's crude and I could do without the north Korea bollocks. But it looks at least guilty pleasure fun to me
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 21:01

A do-po, but I'm glad the Jeremy Kyle show has been axed.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 21:06

I've never really thought about it before, but... yep, the moment it started getting talked about in the media (well, the media I consumer anyway), you realise how screwed up the whole thing is. The working class being demonised for your viewing pleasure. Probably quite a few people taken advantage of too, being up against it and taking the show fee to stay afloat.

That said, I'm all up for this alternative.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 23:59

The Jeremy Kyle Show was exploitative and harmful shite and I'm glad it's gone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 14:11

I agree about Jeremy Kyle but he was such an entertaining cunt to watch. The way he just picks a side and sticks to it come what may sometimes, or just flies of the handle and makes everything worse. What a tit.

I guess his stuff just wasn't a novelty any more when you get the same entertainment from world leaders.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 18:59

I guess that's what you call Top Gear Syndrome.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 12:16

Might as well ask here, owners of the Switch, how does its screen handle games. Between the 3DS XL whose games were optimised with its portability in mind and the Wii U whose games were not rendering its smaller screen still too small to properly enjoy games, where does the Switch rank in size?

Basically am I dealing with a Vita whose text is crystal clear and details super easy to see despite the screen size, or a Wii U's gamepad where good luck if you're playing Zelda or Xenoblade.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 13:05

Athrun888 wrote:
Might as well ask here, owners of the Switch, how does its screen handle games. Between the 3DS XL whose games were optimised with its portability in mind and the Wii U whose games were not rendering its smaller screen still too small to properly enjoy games, where does the Switch rank in size?

Basically am I dealing with a Vita whose text is crystal clear and details super easy to see despite the screen size, or a Wii U's gamepad where good luck if you're playing Zelda or Xenoblade.

Definitely Vita. Okay it's not beautiful OLED, but yeah you shouldn't have any problems at all. The screen is plenty big and it's HD, everything works fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 22:37

It's good - I prefer playing some games in handheld mode as the lower screen size is kinder to the game's appearance than playing it on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2019 - 19:09

It's pretty and it doesn't break my eyes!

That... wasn't what you were looking for, was it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2019 - 11:35

Nah, it was still helpful Balla. Main concerns sorted I'll put it on the top of the agenda, I was considering waiting another month or two to see if Nintendo would come out with a new "xl" SKU, but it doesn't sound necessary (and three houses is barely a month away...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 10:05

That word is still going around, but yep, it won't be out in time for FEH!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 11:10

Two weeks in and I'm already bloody sick and tired of tuna this and tuna that.  Cost effective meat for a variety of salads and dishes it might be, but by god I'll be glad when I can have another meal that doesn't involve it.  First thing I'm doing after getting a switch is getting a meatlovers pizza!  Heck at this point I could go for a steak, and I hate steak!  The red meat cravings are really kicking in.  Meh

But no, I shall endure. I must!

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate going on health-kicks? They might be cheap. They might be extremely healthy. But by Odium are they tedious on the taste-buds.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 20:35

That definitely does not sound fun. Nonetheless I hope you feel better when you come out the other side. Thumbs Up! You're a better man than us in this specific respect.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2019 - 13:17

You may seen in the pissed off thread a post from me about work in regards to Jimbob.

Now I was off sick a few weeks ago and in that time 5 applied for a few jobs.

I could have interviews for three of them but two were around a hour drive every day and not in easiest place to get to (I would consider the distance if it was straight up the motorway to Bristol not country backroads).

Anyway I had a interview yesterday in Curry's and got the job but I'm not sure if it's for me as it's a sales job. I can't see me being someone that great and getting people to take out finance etc to meet the month's target.

That however isn't my option I do have a few and just want some thoughts

A take Curry's job as it's new and different but could you suck at selling

B stay what I'm doing, things have changed in this regard apparently they've took on another section leader this week from another store and the manager is changing. So I could get more support and they were talking about some sort of management program if I do want to progress

C I can stay in the store I'm in, stay full time but step down to a colleague on fresh instead of ambient. This would pay me £1 less a hour but as I would be earning less then my Tax would be less. Others have said I'd be around £60 worse off a month

D where I live is a small ASDA who's never had jobs or if they have they've been like 12hrs a week but a old grocery manager of mine is now the store manager here. He's offered me 30hrs on Twilight (that's 5.30pm-11.30pm, so I'd have all day to do stuff, one mate said he'd just stream Destiny 2), this would be the least amount of hours/pay but I would walk to work. So I would save on fuel. The other thing here, I feel this has the least amount of career prospects being a small store as even if I took option C, I could still step back up being a larger store. My dad pointed as well due to that it be harder to go from Welly store back to Taunton then Taunton to Welly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2019 - 21:08

I think being in Sales takes a special kind of 'person'.  I'm not well-placed to say if you are that kind or not, Mas: just that I know I'm not.  On the other hand, people regret the chances they don't take more than the chances they do.  Do I take it that you're not happy in your current job?  How unhappy are you?  

The only one I wouldn't personally suggest from what you say there is option D, as it sounds like it has the least good future and a slightly iffy present. That said, I don't know all the details; but if you're struggling, maybe eliminate D and one of B and C, then go with your gut?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2019 - 21:21

I actually went in the local ASDA today to do my shopping and the Section Leader on twilight seemed a decent bloke and overtime will be easy to get, as he for instance finished at 1am instead of 11.30pm due to the size of the delivery.

I feel it be the easiest and one with least hassle but as you say lack of future.

Yeah been unhappy for awhile, since June we've only had me and the current manger as the leadership for grocery. I feel I've not had a lot of support but then I hear this week another section leader is starting or started and the manager will be changing. That will it fix, my current role.

That's the thing, I stay and stuff might get fixed then it's all great but if it doesn't then lost the opportunity to go fresh as they will recruit and likely hood of going the smaller store will be slimer as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2019 - 23:38

I honestly don't think I could do sales in a place like Curry's - whilst I work in a sales role, I don't feel as predatory as I'd reckon you'd have to be to succeed in a place like that. I recently popped into Curry's nearby to buy a wireless charging pad and as soon I walked into the door it felt like the sales reps span round to watch me before deciding who would head over to try and upsell me. That sort of pressure doesn't vibe with me personally. Mind you, that's just my experience based on there - it could be totally different in truth or in a different store.

If it looks like there's decent training and the money is worth it, it might be worth a try if nothing else. It could be for you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptySat 17 Aug 2019 - 5:34

Training seems to be first month doing health and safety, learning about the things they offer then second month learning about the products, month three buddy up, then you're own your own.

Which sounds like you could earn good money as sell a laptop that's 50p, it's bought on finance that's £3, after care taken out that's another £1 and so on

The thing is you don't get all that money unless customers rate you and do surveys, like the ones on the bottom of GAME receipts.

Can see there being a lot of pressure as you may have target of sel 20 after care packages, which you also got to give good service that the customer goes rates you.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptySun 18 Aug 2019 - 3:29

I have to do a little sales around seasonal special schools and I hate it, particularly as its kids. I was also encouraged to drive sales of drinks and desserts and stuff at wagamama which I did find a little uncomfortable but also I was bloody good at it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 22:41

masofdas wrote:

Can see there being a lot of pressure as you may have target of sel 20 after care packages, which you also got to give good service that the customer goes rates you.

There definitely is pressure in a sales environment - we've got a survey system at our work too, but it's not a hassle for me as I'd like to think I sell well to my customers. I've had colleagues who would have big numbers in volume of sales but terrible customer responses because they've been pushy and sold the customer something they don't need. I've not had that problem because I don't try and sell OAPs an increase in their broadband speeds when all they do is check their emails once a week. Neutral

Basically, it can be a rewarding environment but I do reckon it's rather different doing face to face sales.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:05

It's Balla's birthday right? Happy birthday Balla!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:10

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:

There definitely is pressure in a sales environment - we've got a survey system at our work too, but it's not a hassle for me as I'd like to think I sell well to my customers. I've had colleagues who would have big numbers in volume of sales but terrible customer responses because they've been pushy and sold the customer something they don't need. I've not had that problem because I don't try and sell OAPs an increase in their broadband speeds when all they do is check their emails once a week. Neutral

Basically, it can be a rewarding environment but I do reckon it's rather different doing face to face sales.

Yeah as like you say soon as you walk, I'd becoming over to see ya. I may sell you that washing machine for house and you didn't want the care plan. I get the £1 for selling the care plan but as you gave me only 4/10, I won't get that £1.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:30

OrangeRakoon wrote:
It's Balla's birthday right? Happy birthday Balla!

Ah cheers boss, and before I even did my grumpy reminder post! Grin Big one too... No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift
Page 23 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next