We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift

Go down 
+16
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Katie Hopkins
shanks
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Jimbob
masofdas
Muss
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 14:31

You can thank it appearing on GRcade Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 13:44

(sighs, adopts singsong classroom voice) THANK YOU MR. GRCADE.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 19:42

WEEK OFF WORK WOOHOO

Going to go walking in Epping Forest, and take The Lady to her first cricket match, and go to a cocktail-mixing one-hour 'masterclass', and a Prom... I'm very excited and needed to post as much somewhere.

Did any of y'all have nice work breaks/travels over the summer?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySun 8 Sep 2019 - 14:41

Balladeer wrote:

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
No, I live in Japan.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 23:53

Balladeer wrote:
WEEK OFF WORK WOOHOO

Going to go walking in Epping Forest, and take The Lady to her first cricket match, and go to a cocktail-mixing one-hour 'masterclass', and a Prom...  I'm very excited and needed to post as much somewhere.

Sounds like you've got lots planned! Enjoy your break. Smile

I had my recent weekend down in London for my birthday, but that was about it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 9:19

WHY WAS I NOT INVITED Hissy fit

Well I know that weekend was a good one! As for my week, thus far I've got several blisters on my feet and the Lady actually started to enjoy the cricket. Shocked Then it ended because 'bad light'. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2019 - 23:42

I had some super exciting news yesterday in that I've had an offer accepted for a house! Dance

Got all the boring paperwork bits to do now, but this has been a long time goal of mine over the past 3/4 years as I've been saving for a deposit, so I genuinely felt a bit overwhelmed hearing it was coming to fruition.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySat 21 Sep 2019 - 15:05

HOUSE PARTY AT JAYS
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySat 21 Sep 2019 - 15:11

Keen for that

Also both pleased for you and jealous as talked about it with you when chatting about NJPW, and what I know would be affordable for myself but not here in the south where I live.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySat 21 Sep 2019 - 15:26

Drunkalilly wrote:
HOUSE PARTY AT JAYS

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySat 21 Sep 2019 - 15:26

Move to Scotland pengers! Get a house next door to Jay, it'll be like FRIENDS
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySat 21 Sep 2019 - 17:34

JayMoyles wrote:
I had some super exciting news yesterday in that I've had an offer accepted for a house! Dance

Got all the boring paperwork bits to do now, but this has been a long time goal of mine over the past 3/4 years as I've been saving for a deposit, so I genuinely felt a bit overwhelmed hearing it was coming to fruition.

As you are younger than me I take it as a personal attack that you have managed to do this
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 19:00

You need to take advantage of that, Rum. You're up in Scotland too, right? Go invite yourself in for an empty!

Seriously, that's great news Jay! The process never goes smoothly, but I hope it works okay for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 21:12

Cheers guys!

masofdas wrote:

Also both pleased for you and jealous as talked about it with you when chatting about NJPW, and what I know would be affordable for myself but not here in the south where I live.

Aye, I'm 100% fortunate that house prices where I stay are pretty fair, but it's always worthwhile looking to see what's out there. It took a good month of checking house sites and estate agents nearly every day along with a fair few viewings before I found one that suited.

Balladeer wrote:

Seriously, that's great news Jay!  The process never goes smoothly, but I hope it works okay for you. Smile

Don't say that - everything will go 100% to plan and NOTHING will go wrong. Evil or Very Mad

Nah, I'm expecting a few bumps in the road here or there but everything seems to be proceeding well so far.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 23:35

Talked about it in here about jobs and yes I'm still at ASDA and did plan to stay where I was due to hrs & stuff happening with another section leader along with a new manager.

Anyway, we somehow ended up with a sort of extra section leader in the store which somehow that became me, due to lack of people on the department I've moved to chilled like I said I was thinking about doing anyway but as a Section Leader now instead of a colleague.

Things are going much better and I've not thought about looking for anything else at the moment as I seem to have job security (who knows after Brexit or whatever) that I've been thinking what to do with the savings I got in June.

Now as you may remember I was planning on going to Japan, that is still something I'd like to do and would be a once in a lifetime trip (more than likely) but would cost a lot of money.

Then I started looking at cars, mainly as my grandad started looking and if you're on auto trader then why not have look yourself.

I'm thinking at this is the back off Jay and a mate in work that sure my savings at the moment aren't the best but in June 2020, I will get another £7000 from my savings (depends on share prices) that I do think it will be better served to look at buying somewhere.

I'll still have my June 2021 savings which is about £3000 (again depending on share price, if I'm with ASDA etc) that could help towards a Japan trip for instance.

Plus I may have a holiday like to Germany between now and then which wouldn't cost much and won't really affect any savings.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySun 6 Oct 2019 - 6:29

When you finally awaken to find your depression has passed, your muscles are back to full power, and the sore throat gone after a summer cold.  

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 Giphy

Now where's my Switch, there's a warmongering hypocrite that needs putting down!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySun 6 Oct 2019 - 18:17

Woo! Grin Excellent news old chap. I hope that means some 'Things you really love' post entries coming up! And maybe some Digimon watching? Shifty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 0:32

masofdas wrote:

I'm thinking at this is the back off Jay and a mate in work that sure my savings at the moment aren't the best but in June 2020, I will get another £7000 from my savings (depends on share prices) that I do think it will be better served to look at buying somewhere.

Best of luck to you if you head down that road Mas - whilst I'm overwhelmed with planning and packing amongst other things, it's been the biggest and best move of my life to date.

Athrun: Glad to hear you're on the up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyFri 18 Oct 2019 - 11:46

Turns out I was preemptive celebrating being better. A day after my last post I got a secondary infection. And guess what! I've got another summer cold. Didn't even get time to heal the cough from the secondary infection either. Meh

Again it's more an annoying bug than anything (certainly weaksauce compared to that flu a few years back. Even the cough is pathetic compared to that one. Annoying cough vs a cough that makes your lungs feel like they're ripping apart? No contest which I prefer.), but I would rather appreciate having full muscle strength back and an end to the fever.

On the bright side the trip to the vet went well. Seems Wayne might have some Maine Coon in him, which explains the challenging personality. Either he's a moggy-Maine Coon cross or he somehow has most of the visual traits of the breed (long shaggy fur, a mane, long extremely shaggy tail, silk-smooth fur, a boxed physical shape, and of course extremely social and a massive fan of hunting) and matches the personality test.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyFri 18 Oct 2019 - 16:27

Wahey! Aww! More getwellsoons for you boss. Does 'challenging' mean you're going to stick it out with Wayne then?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySun 20 Oct 2019 - 13:52

Yeah, made that choice weeks ago honestly. Just have to avoid his triggers.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySun 20 Oct 2019 - 18:54

Glad to hear it, hope it goes well! (Also more pictures pleeeeeeease. Love )
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Nov 2019 - 17:03

I've taken a risk at work. Handed in my notice for my current job at the uni to rank up into a temp 3 month position, digivolving from generic office worker in student services to a systems and accreditation officer at the business faculty.

They'll be hiring a full time fixed term person in the new year which I'll have a good chance of getting since in doing the job already. So hopefully a smart risk. If I get it the university would fly me out business class to China, Malaysia, and eu places as part of my job and I'd earn a lot more than I do right now.

Also hate my current department. The people are good, but the decisions from higher ups are total shite. I've had nothing positive to say about work for months so getting out is going to do my mood good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyTue 26 Nov 2019 - 21:43

That sounds like a risk with very good upside if you like travel! Hope it works out for you Muss. Grin Business class, eh? Thought you were a greenie, yet there you go taking up all that plane space... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2019 - 12:00

Trooo dat. I'm not a good flyer, and I think business class is stinky. If I did get the role permanently and I had to fly, I'd prefer not to go all bourgeois. But it would be the University that booked everything. At least we're one of the greener campuses.

I'll be opening one of those ISA accounts for first time house buyers today. I'm more just amazed that I might have a legitimate job and home ownership prospects in the next 12 months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift
Page 24 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next