We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift

Go down 
+16
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Katie Hopkins
shanks
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Jimbob
masofdas
Muss
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2020 - 8:52

Balladeer wrote:
Hopefully the last few months will have something to cheer about.  Good to have you back Mr. Moyles - I trust you know that nobody around these parts thinks you're worthless or ever has.
Speak for yourself, I know Moyles is a trash healer and nobody will convince me otherwise. I can find you references if you need it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2020 - 11:17

[citation needed]
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2020 - 23:31

Overwatch I'm gonna go with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptySat 8 Aug 2020 - 6:29

It should be obvious from the fact Jay only plays one game these days, sort it out lads...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptySat 8 Aug 2020 - 8:55

That would be Final Fantasy XIV, I didn't see till now also he played reaper in overwatch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptySat 8 Aug 2020 - 9:16

I mean, that's compelling evidence from Prosecutor 949...  Care to respond Mr. Moyles?

The Lady is properly moving in today. Great day to do lots of lifting of heavy objects. 😒
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptySun 9 Aug 2020 - 15:14

Thanks for the kind words chaps. Appreciated. Smile

Rum wrote:

Hope you are on the up, Jay (coming from someone who loves going AWOL from the forum for undisclosed amounts of time). Lockdown has brought me back here a lot more than I've been here for a long time, so maybe it's time for us to switch and I'll leave for a while?

That's true - there can only be one of us from the East of Scotland on here at any one time (I know Cappa lives over this way now but his heart is in the West) so I'll tag you out for now.

Balladeer wrote:
I mean, that's compelling evidence from Prosecutor 949...  Care to respond Mr. Moyles?

The defence responds by stating that out of me and Andy, only one us mains White Mage and it ain't me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2020 - 19:07

Steve Irwin's daughter is expecting a child.

I've always pooh-poohed people who say 'OMG I FEEL OLD' whenever a kid from their childhood grows up, but... OMG.  I feel old. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 13:29

I've been making a barcode scanning app for my employer over the past 2 weeks.

Initially they wanted me to make a qr code per building that sent a user to a form, which they would fill out to sign in, and then a separate code for sign out - so they can tell who is where during these covid times. But I decided that wasn't good enough so I went rogue and built an app through MS PowerApps, which got greenlit yesterday.

Still got a few things to add to it to make it finished, but the long story short is - rather than an administrator having to manually filter a spreadsheet to see who was in building x in the event of a fire, my app already has pre-built filters. It's also 100% automated, so it knows what to do with people signing in, out, or people who forget to sign-out/sign in multiple times without signing out. It's only live for staff at the moment, but I built a slightly different student system in parallel so we could roll it out across all campuses if the university wanted to.

Hopeful I can use this experience to make more apps for various other projects and safeguard my employment. It's definitely work that's more than a cut above what they were expecting.

Also, there's a small picture gif of John Travolta looking confused which flies around the screen when you click it (but it's only visible if logged in as me).

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 13:45

That's amazing. I use PowerBI every day so still looking to learn more in that (like the DAX language) but the PowerApps intrigue me. Is it your work that has the PowerApps license? I've not looked into because nobody at my work uses it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 14:25

Yeah it's a work license. Not sure exactly how it's set up but I have a feeling it's one of Office365's more premium features. Didn't even know PowerApps and Flows existed until they asked me to start using QR codes!

It's pretty easy to use, somewhere between writing nested Excel formulae and writing in HTML/CSS
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 14:31

That sounds more like my level of programming Grin I'll take a look
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 15:56

Nice! Always good to make sure they can't get rid of you. I don't quite understand what these barcodes are and how they're relevant to who's around during a fire, but it all sounds very impressive. Smile
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 17:36

Basically because of Covid the old fire procedure doesn't quite work. Something something fewer people on site, basically.

So the scanner + my SharePoint list + the Flows I've made lets us know who is where, and lets us take a register in the event of a fire or some other such calamity, and could also be extended to students too if we wanted to.

It could technically double as a track and trace app too but I've been explicitly told that it cannot be used for that, so I'll probably implement some more flows that ensure the data is wiped regularly when it's live.

@gjones, I've picked up a lot in two weeks. YouTube is a good reference source, a user called Shane Young has covered a lot of the subjects I needed to know about to get somewhere.

There are several people who have made "PowerApps: Power Hour" videos - which is them building an app from scratch within an hour. Those sorts of projects are good to follow along too; I used a sign-in system someone built as a template for my more involved system. If you're alright with Excel formula you'll pick PowerApps up.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 22:00

Big Muss is watching you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyTue 1 Sep 2020 - 19:15

Haha, a terrifying thought!

I don't get deja vu as often as I used to, nor as strongly, but I've had a wave of it recently.

Once with Fall Guys - I think I must have once dreamt a very similar concept, and once with making some user instructions for the app I've made - specifically the absolute positioning of a text box between a set of images.

Brains are weird.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyTue 1 Sep 2020 - 19:26

Muss wrote:
Brains are weird.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 11:03

I have one or two Deja Vus a year but they're always really strong; whole conversations, and the period after where I think about the deja vu all feel like they've happened before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 17:24

I did have a pretty strong one myself about a month ago (which I can't remember now) but after it happened I just started looking up all sorts of studies that have been done surrounding Deja vu and it's pretty interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 16:11

Yesterday I got up at 11.40 and felt rough all day, then last night I felt like the human torch.

Called in sick today because got a big sign on the colleague entrance if you have any COVID symptoms don't enter and get a test. Been for that test this afternoon, now waiting on the results.

Whilst I was driving I had a missed call from the hospital about my wisdom teeth which are finally being sorted after about 10 months waiting.

Well the X-Ray, I had the other day found something in my sinuses that I've got to go for a CT scan for that.

So my upcoming holiday for my birthday 28th going Dentist for a filling, 29th CT scan, 30th COVID test to see if I can go to the hospital for my wisdom teeth as it's in a private hospital not NHS, 2nd wisdom teeth out

Suddenly a busy week but none of it part from my teeth out will take long, from googling the CT scan takes 30 seconds.

With only real conundrum being says to take 24hrs off after teeth out, unfortunately I'm meant to go back on the 3rd where I may need off now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 16:12

Hope everything pans out okay with the tests Mas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 16:14

Thanks hopefully its negative COVID test and maybe what the X-Ray found that they want to do CT for explains stuff like my headaches and what not.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 2:49

Yeah, echoing what Jay said, hope they can sort you out bro!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 8:30

Just got COVID results back and negative, which good I've not got it but then why do I feel rough? That maybe whatever the hospital did find is the cause, who knows as I was looking to get my teeth sorted.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 10:10

Glad you don't have the virus, hope the rest of the news goes as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift
Page 30 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next