We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptySun 4 Mar 2018 - 14:17

Not got much to add to that one Jim, sorry

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 Maxresdefault

I posted in the random thoughts thread a bit of rambling praising MS with the Xbox One at the moment mainly due to Game Pass where I just paid £12 for 3 months of the service.

I was always going to renew it for Sea of Thieves as I did think it be worth getting a new £42 exclusive a bash for £12 but wasn't going to it in-till that came out. I decided to sub early as MS announced One X enhanced support for Fable: Anniversary and that a bunch of new games were coming to service including Super Lucky's Tale which I had thought about picking up in sales for £12 before, but those two where the tipping point to renew early.

So a game I was willing to pay £12 for on its own, I just paid that amount to be able to play 100+ games for 3 months and unlike PSNOW it works all the time.

I've been tweeting about Super Lucky's Tale and I knew EofGiz was a fan from his review that I always wanted to give it ago. I started playing and did think, yeah I get why he liked it and it seems like one of those high 7/10, it's never going to set the world on fire and maybe not even remembered after a few year but you get a fun afternoon out of it.

Well, this morning and are you sitting down Drunka, I 100%, yep I got all the clovers (he's called lucky) and all the achievements giving me a 1000G. MS, however, was clever and where I see them making the money from games on Game Pass is DLC and the day SLT was added to Game Pass a piece of DLC was released which in the case of SLT is a whole new island.

That's how the game is set-out you've got these islands which have portals to levels where you collect clovers and you need so many to take on the boss and so on in pretty standard 3D platformer structure but it is nice to have these island hub worlds to explore and proper levels.

I really enjoyed my time so far with Lucky as now I've got the DLC to play and I guess if you've got an Xbox which I think is just Andy now or a PC that can run it, you'll find a decent 3D platformer that I can definitely see why it was considered the best on Xbox One for a while.

Even though I said it felt like a high 7/10, after giving it more time and 100% it, it can have an 8/10.

The one thing though is Lucky did star in an Oculus Rift game and they're some levels which I felt would have been enhanced in VR or 3D if it was somehow on a 3DS or you know had 3D like some games did have for about a year on PS360.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptySun 4 Mar 2018 - 18:07

I'm going to have to skip Mas' post and go back to Jim's, so another sorry: where does that puzzle fall? I'm on chapter 3, have I completed it yet? Because it has felt slow thus far. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 9:21

Why is there a Pokeball in the tree, Mas?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 16:36

Drunkalilly wrote:
Why is there a Pokeball in the tree, Mas?

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 18:04

Steamworld Dig (PS4)

Beat this game again and while it is as addictive as it was the first time I beat it on Wii-U, I forgot how disappointing the final boss is. It says a lot that a game that involves repetitively digging through underground mines keeps you coming back for more, and I'm sure most of you have already played this one so I won't explain too much. Well worth revisiting and I'm looking forward to picking up the sequel.

8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 18:39

Sad I wish I got what the rest of you see in that game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 21:36

I'm still yet to play the first and I reckon it be hard to go back to it now as I much prefer structured levels.

Anyway I didn't beat a game but I did just finish:
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 Life-is-strange-before-the-storm-farewell

Is it the best episode? No, is it the best written? No, Am I crying over a Video Game? Yes, Yes I am.

Deck Nine, you hit me
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 Gda1ad

That is all, I guess the only thing I could say is a Switch version of both games would be nice as LiS might be one of the most universal liked games on here and it would be cool for Balla and Zero to play.

8/10 also I think Ashly Burch helped write this episode and I don't know maybe she will be involved with Season 2 in some-way.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 21:44

Is that all the episodes out now? I was waiting for everything to release before playing through the prequel myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 21:50

Yep but Farewell is it's own thing from both series.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 15:03

Within the last twenty-four hours I've beaten two video games/videogames. Here are my thoughts.

Part Time UFO

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 Part-time-ufo

Difficulty Setting Used: N/A

HAL Laboratory's first mobile game - or, more accurately, their mobile division's first mobile game. It's a sweet little physics puzzler starring a UFO who comes down to Earth to complete odd jobs for humans. It achieves these timed goals using a grabber, like in the arcades, and placing the required objects in the required locations. It's packed with charm and is surprisingly dynamic/thoughtful in places. For £4 all-in you could certainly do worse in the wild and lawless mobile game landscape.

14/20

Yooka-Laylee

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 320px-Yooka-Laylee-Windows-Title

Difficulty Setting Used: N/A

I imagine that by this stage you all have a position on Yooka-Laylee. I think it's a decent template for a game series, although there is too much in there that feels old-school rather than current. Some of the challenges are excruciating, some are dull, and some are both - but there's enough fun to be had in most of the worlds to get you through. My favourite world is the fifth and final one, which is a shame - my opinion of the game had kind of settled before it revealed what was (to me) its best content. I'd be very interested to read what the dev team think of how everything turned out, because it's a very particular vision, albeit one that has clearly had an enormous amount of thought and hard work put into it.

13/20
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 11:19

I'd been thinking about downloading Part Time UFO, and I think that reviews settles it - nicely done!

~

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 H2x1_3DSDS_TankTroopers_image1600w

I finished Tank Troopers on 3DS last night, and, based solely off of its single player campaign, it’s just OK. The production values, 3D effect, soundtrack, tank combat, weapons and character abilities are all decent, they’re solid enough. The mission variety isn’t bad as well, but it’s quite straightforward and mostly no-nonsense. However, I feel that the difficulty spikes almost knacker it. I played it for about five hours, and at leats three of those was spent on four of the game’s thirty missions – they’re just too hard, whereas the rest of the game is piss easy. The only reason I got past those four missions was because of the daft AI, that always by getting caught on scenery. That doesn’t make for great entertainment, just anger and disappointment, and the lack of online multiplayer or ways of me playing with folk over Download Play means that I’ll likely never return to it. 5/10.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 21:32

I'd absolutely forgotten that game even existed! Considering it was made by Nintendo themselves, you would have thought we'd have heard more about it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 22:44

Level 14 of Tank Troopers has kicked my butt all the way to Tuesday every time I’ve tried it, so it’s found itself shelved. As you rightly say, Cappa, it’s a shame, because they were onto something. Aww!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:26

Level 14 was bollocks, kicking the bombs to the enemy base, smashing the tower and dodging all the enemy tanks was just impossible without sheer luck. That mission took me about a really unenjoyable hour to beat. 😥

It seems like Tank Troopers was sent out to die. No hype, no marketing, no online multiplayer, and no reason to play it. That said, it's only £3 on Cdkeys, might be worth that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 20:14

I remember seeing the game announced, thinking, 'Those characters look cute but the gameplay looks slow and dull,' and leaving it there. I don't think tank games in general are for me, unless that tank's the Landmaster and can be controlled looking at a single screen. They tend to be ponderous.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 21:51

Balladeer wrote:
I'm going to have to skip Mas' post and go back to Jim's, so another sorry: where does that puzzle fall?  I'm on chapter 3, have I completed it yet?  Because it has felt slow thus far. Aww!
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 Giphy
The difficult puzzle was required for chapter 4, although you can get the object earlier I think.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 12:05

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 H2x1_WiiUDS_KoiDX_image1600w

A game which NLife have a 3/10 and the only Metacritic score, has a 7/10 user score on Metacritic which is much more fare. As to me, a game with a 3 is something broken, unplayable and downright bad where Koi is none of those things.

Now is Koi a 7/10 maybe not and games like this is why scores are broken as games that are good and fun like Fire Emblem Warriors get 7's where really we should really be using the whole 10 point scale and something just good should be more of a 5/10 but it isn't the case as anything with that sort of score is deemed to be bad.

Koi was cheap and I had the funds in my USA account, I enjoyed it and gets okay-good rating.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 8:55

You've left me no closer to knowing what the game is or why it is or isn't bad, Mas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 9:31

Ohh you play as a fish and have to go save other fishes which would help you bring the light back. Think flower with fish and not quite as good as Flower though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 9:43

Oh! That actually sounds pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 11:11

Sounds better than flower in fact.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 12:13

Treesmurf wrote:
Sounds better than flower in fact.

Not even close, anyway I went and beat

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 Florence

Florence is a mobile game, yes I played and bought a mobile game not from Nintendo (never actually spent any money on the Nintendo offerings) as I heard some rumblings about this once iOS exclusive (now on droid) as a possible GOTY contender from many outlets with one going as far to compare it to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind from some people that worked on Monument Valley and published Annapurna Interactive behind Gorogoa, Edith Finch, Flower, Kentucky Route Zero on various platforms.

And at the moment not counting SotC as it's a remake or things like Night in the Woods as it's not from 2018, Florence is my GOTY at the moment and well worth the £2.99, I spent.

The only downside is I read ZeroJones review of Old Man's Journey and that sounded great when I played on Switch, I felt it was likely a great mobile game but a-okay Switch game.

Florence may have that same issue as for a 20min game on mobile it is fantastic but a Switch port might be a bit of a let down as we know the Switch can do more.

The picture sort of gives the game away and so does Annapurna Interactive other published works that you can guess what it is like to play.

At the moment it is getting an excellent rating and does make me wonder about things like Reigns: Her Majesty, Gorogoa and Bury Me, My Love which all are up for BAFTAs, if I should give those ago (yes I know some are on Consoles and PC) along with Mobile offerings more.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018 - 12:25

That looks intriguing. Switch you say? I do like spending over the odds for Switch ports of mobile games . . .

Definitely get on Reigns: HM if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018 - 19:37

At the moment it's just mobile but could see it and working on Switch well but would it being on Switch lesser the game?

Do I need to play the first Reigns?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 17 Mar 2018 - 18:23

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 Kfswhy1owjw1enluiw6g

Bayonetta

I'm staggered I never got around to playing this on 360 back in the day. This is easily the best character/spectacle action game I've played to date.

For one, the combat is incredibly satisfying once you get your head around it. The early chapters were a bit of a struggle as I was getting to grips with the timing needed for Witch Time and also carving out my niche with the game's weapons and combos. Bat Within helped matters along with the timing issue and after a prolonged session in one of the Alfheim challenge areas I fell in love with the katana as my weapon of choice. The later chapters were an absolute blast once I'd figured out how to effectively battle. I got it at that point as prior to that I was getting ready to roll out the patented andyman949 defence of "it's shit because I'm shit at it". Thankfully, we don't need to go down that road.

I love the playfulness in Bayonetta. Considering similar games in the genre can fall into the trap of being much too moody or edgy, Bayo's cutscenes had me genuinely laughing out loud with the spectacle and ridiculousness of the events that were transpiring. The story was pretty guff, but who plays a game like this for the story?

My only real gripes with the game were the moments in which it deviated from its standard action battling to try something different - the motorcycle level was alright, but the Space Harrier section was interminable and actually gave me a headache with the camera doing a full 360 whenever you performed a dodge. It was trying to do too much, in my book.

Still, this is a fantastic game and I'm very much happy with the time I spent with it. I might be one I'll revisit later on as judging by a conversation I had with Andy, it's a game that rewards multiple playthroughs.

I'm going to wait before tackling the sequel, as even though I'm dead excited for getting to play it I reckon a break from Bayo will avoid any fatigue setting in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next