We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 20:38

Ooh - I'm going to briefly jump in with a couple of games:

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 Header
I really liked the look of this. The game esssentially looks like it's taking place on the side of a piece of ancient Greek property - check screenshots and it looks mesmerising. The story should be a winner as well - you're a mortal taking on a bunch of ancient Greek gods - essentially the mythology provides a game with "bosses". However, I've got to admit to being disappointed in the game in general. Ultimately, everything is based around the art of stabbing things; there's no real puzzling, other than stabbing a switch and going the right way round a place so you don't get stabbed. Nice 80's educational BBC voice acting though. Discovering I'd missed a bunch of optional thing because I thought that some of the characters were just NPCs, and I was supposed to stab some other thing elsewhere, was a tad disappointing.

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 PS_WiiUVC_IceClimber
After the "success" of Ice Climber on the NES challenge, I thought I'd get through all 32 mountains. Er... I did. Man that's annoying - jumping from a lefty conveyor-belt to a righty conveyor-belt, and never really getting the hang of which one is which... yet I don't regret finishing that at all.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 22:56

I've no idea how you finished Ice Climber. I was so sick of it after our High Score Challenge on it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 12:31

I tried Ice Climber and the platforming is unbearable
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:34

We were saying in the NES High Score thread that the premise is fine, so it'd be interesting to see an updated version of Ice Climber with modern platforming mechanics thrown into the mix. I think it'd do well as a little eShop game or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyFri 9 Nov 2018 - 21:35

Alternatively (is drowned out by people saying they've heard it before)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 9:45

Pokemon Omega Ruby

Yeah, this was alright. Still not a generation I'm overly fond of but I loved a lot of the aesthetics, particularly when I was battling among ash or flower petals on the wind. There was also a lot of really nice touches and Japanse architecture and life which aren't present in the other 3D games, being set in Europe and America. I hope we'll see some nice tatami mats, sliding doors, folding screens and pagodas in Pikavee.

I would jump straight to the copy of Diamond I have ready to go but I'm gonna take a little break so I can savour the Switch games. I also still have the Delta Episode, which sounds cool.

anyway, 10/10 natch
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 20:19

After finishing off Octopath Traveler I decided to race through most of this month's free with PS+ games:

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 ZOXE4lnYXk8jUB_rwFLBz49cxOuCYK9je3gVNzYngQ5M0KmzYvstrSEKMrg9LV118COfXHnYBSuYv-KUlenxs6hP

Hyper-casual adventure game featuring many a ship wreck, Burly Men at Sea is a pleasant play thanks to the imaginative shenanigans that befall the Burly Men at every turn so long as you're into choose-your-own-adventuring without any real gameplay. There are no traditional point-and-click puzzles, just 16 different narrative permutations based on your choices. This makes it a fine palate cleanser, especially for anyone interested in unlocking a super-easy Platinum Trophy. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't have been anywhere nearly as impressed if I'd bought it. Worth adding to the library and having a pop if you're looking for something quick and chill, it'll only take a moment to download too. 6.5/10

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 Roundabout_-_Title

A wacky score-attack game featuring a rotating limo and deliberately awful live-action cut-scenes, Roundabout is a goofy sort of quirky that soon loses its funny bone. The aim of the game is to traverse the spinning limo through stages as quickly as possible, while trying not to smash into walls. There are a few upgrades along the way, but other than adding a jump ability mid-game Roundabout is pretty much out of ideas after stage 1. That's not to say it's a bad game, far from it - getting a perfect run through tight spots feels good - but Roundabout would have been far stronger if they'd either a) found more ways to make the gimmick entertaining other than ramping the difficulty up, or b) streamlined the amount of stuff into something that didn't get old. Worth a download if you're looking for something weird but I wouldn't recommend buying it. 6/10

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 220px-Bulletstorm

Full of dick slurs from start to finish, Bulletstorm is an incredibly purile game that turns its violence up to 11 here, but whereas DOOM had exploratory elements and super-tight gunplay, Bulletstorm is a corridor shooter that can't sustain the intensity. It commences with violence galore, which works well for the first third or so of the game because just as things feel like they're getting stale a change in scenery helps spruce things up. There are some very cool set-pieces, such as a section set within a Godzilla esque model village that ultimately sees you controlling a robo-dinosaur. Beyond that point though, Bulletstorm seems to lose its imagination, shoving you through endless corridors and willy slurs. It's still a good shooter; it's colourful, B-movie amusing, with a good selection of guns. But there's no chance I'll be booting it up for a second go. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 13:42

Muss wrote:
A wacky score-attack game featuring a rotating limo and deliberately awful live-action cut-scenes, Roundabout is a goofy sort of quirky that soon loses its funny bone. The aim of the game is to traverse the spinning limo through stages as quickly as possible, while trying not to smash into walls. There are a few upgrades along the way, but other than adding a jump ability mid-game Roundabout is pretty much out of ideas after stage 1. That's not to say it's a bad game, far from it - getting a perfect run through tight spots feels good - but Roundabout would have been far stronger if they'd either a) found more ways to make the gimmick entertaining other than ramping the difficulty up, or b) streamlined the amount of stuff into something that didn't get old. Worth a download if you're looking for something weird but I wouldn't recommend buying it. 6/10

Have you played kurkuru kururin?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 19:56

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 H2x1_NSwitchDS_CaveStoryPlus_image1600w

Cave Story+

It's basically the same as it ever was, but with a bit more polish. It's fun. Not as long as I remember (matron) but worth it if you haven't played it before. It'd been about 8 or 9 years since I beat it on WiiWare so I double-dipped when I saw it was on sale. Didn't see the "proper" ending either time but life's too short. 80%
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyMon 12 Nov 2018 - 21:30

Rum Rapture wrote:
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 H2x1_NSwitchDS_CaveStoryPlus_image1600w

Cave Story+

It's basically the same as it ever was, but with a bit more polish. It's fun. Not as long as I remember (matron) but worth it if you haven't played it before. It'd been about 8 or 9 years since I beat it on WiiWare so I double-dipped when I saw it was on sale. Didn't see the "proper" ending either time but life's too short. 80%

When I looked up what you had to do for the "proper" ending I bailed out!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 0:07

Jimbob wrote:
When I looked up what you had to do for the "proper" ending I bailed out!

Absolutely a case of "read what happens on the Wikia and maybe watch a YouTube video of it"...!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 13:25

OrangeRakoon wrote:

Have you played kurkuru kururin?

Can't say I'd ever heard of it but I can definitely see the inspiration!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 13:46

It was a GBA launch title (I got mine with it) and I'm pretty sure it directly inspired Roundabout. There is also Octocopter on WiiU and Switch as another indie take on the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 9:10

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 _96204811_rdr2_preordernow_649x352a-newbanner-5.23

After 51hrs I finished RDR2 last night and I'm still not sure what to think about it.

RDR2 has so many positives be it how it looks by pushing the hardware to it's limited and shows how this gen has evolved, the characters all made me feel something, the storytelling is top notch.

But the controls aren't great, and it takes forever to get going (Jas and I had a chat about this on Twitter) and then it's still a slow game which does make sense as R* have gone for realism.

The positives do outweigh the negatives and it's certainly worth playing if you can
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 9:35

I will absolutely fight anyone who complains about the controls in that game. Fucking hell, they're absolutely fine.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 10:05

Jas better get that GFW main event booked
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 11:39

Bollocks to that, I was challenging andyman to a 'Super Monkey Ball Is Not A Puzzler' match.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 15:57

Isn't a puzzler?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 16:16

Of course not, it's a JRPG
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 19:48

mas wrote:
But the controls aren't great, and it takes forever to get going (Jas and I had a chat about this on Twitter) and then it's still a slow game which does make sense as R* have gone for realism.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I will absolutely fight anyone who complains about the controls in that game. Fucking hell, they're absolutely fine.

I don't get this complaint either, what's worse I've seen many say it but not actually give reasons why they think they're bad or even say that 'X game' does third person shooter controls better.

Then there's the fact that in the settings the controls are highly customisable with 3 different lock on types (Normal, wide and narrow) good sensitivity adjustment, deadzones, free aim and then just as many if you like playing in first person - with all those options you should at least be able to find something that fits you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 20:46

I never found it intuitive, if it wasn't Red Dead Redemption, I think I would have gave up on the game after 10hrs or so but I was right to stick with it due to the storytelling.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 22:43

masofdas wrote:
I never found it intuitive, if it wasn't Red Dead Redemption, I think I would have gave up on the game after 10hrs or so but I was right to stick with it due to the storytelling.

What specifically wasn't intuitive? As everything seems pretty standard shooter wise to me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 23:14

The shooting is fine if basic but wasn't expecting Gears of War or Ghost Recon from a Action Adventure game, and it's those elements that I've got a issue with like how Arthur controls on foot or horse, selecting items etc just doesn't feel right to me.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 23:20

If only they hadn't gone for that crazy new item selection method - the weapons wheel.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 8:27

Well clearly from what you've both said, I'm not the only who thinks the controls aren't right and all I can tell you they feel off. I don't know what others think who are saying it but it let's the game down to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next