We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 1:33

Nope! Planning to download it on Switch eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyWed 13 Feb 2019 - 7:07

I reviewed First Tree and it isn't very good, it did hit me emotionally due to also being raised by just my farther but unlike a GRIS everything else is pants.

Just get Firewatch played, man
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 22:32

I remember looking at that thinking it might be like Never Alone but then I watched the trailer and heard said man yammering on and moved past it.

I'll definitely add you need to play Firewatch though, I can't imagine anyone disliking that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 17:56

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 51sm9T0oDQL._SY445_

LM was much longer then I thought it was for a start but I guess back in the day, I played it all in one day at launch where now I played amongst other things.

It still holds up amazingly well and some of the animations like opening the doors, if I didn't tell you it was a GameCube game running on a softmodded Wii via an HDMI cable and showed you a picture, I reckon most would say it's from LM3.

My problem is that you can't change the controls and the vacuum is inverted and I'd be aiming at the floor when I was trying to get that dam boo on the ceiling. Now I can play an FPS in both normal and inverted (takes a few goes to adjust) but this I never got accustomed to this.

Still a banger though

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 18:05

I can imagine that it holds up pretty damn well. Playing through the rest of the series would be an excellent way to prepare for LM3!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 1:16

Resident Evil 5
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 Resident-Evil-5
Over the past couple of months, Rob and I have been playing this in couch co-op sessions at his apartment of a Saturday night. We laughed at the ludicrous breast jiggling and racist depictions of Africa, we read out the overly long documents in silly voices, and we actually found ourselves enjoying the shooting.

If I'd played this when it released, hot off the heels of one of the best games ever made in Resident Evil 4 and promising to be the conclusion to a decades-long story, I might have hated it. Playing it in 2018/19, with no expectations, a couple of beers, and a buddy, it was ace! Sure, it kind of gave up on being a horror game, it didn't give great closure to most of the characters and Sheva was just object for Chris to bounce emotions off of, but it was a fun romp with loving homages to all your favourite action movies.

10/10

JayMoyles wrote:
I had a fun time with it though, although part of that was thanks to playing it co-op with the Crumpster - I'm not sure how good it'd play relying on an AI companion for most of the game.
For the most part, I've been lead to believe the AI companions are useless idiots who waste all your ammo. On the other hand, a CGI Sheva wouldn't have to do that ridiculous quicktime event to climb up a rock in the final boss.

J-Virus wrote:
I do feel that the combat falls to bits in the boss battles where the fighting amounts to running away from the beastie, getting to a spot where you can hit its glowing weak spot and repeat till you win. Taking down the hordes of mooks was much more satisfying.
There have been good boss fights in the series, but yeah this game didn't have the good bosses but it did have the excellent enemy combat from Resi 4. Taking out mooks is even better with less ammo and higher stakes. You should definitely give that game a go when it launches on Switch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 2:54

Oh lord, that QTE murdered my finger having to mash away. I remember shouting out to Andy "hurry up and punch that boulder, my finger feels like it's going to fall off" or something to that effect. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 21:46

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 Capa-4

Just unlocked all the upgrades, raced all the tracks and finished the main campaign of Horizon Chase Turbo on Switch. The developer describes it on their website as being " a modern take on the 90s old-school racers that we loved the most". Of all the retro revival games to come out this decade, this is right up there with A Hat In Time as being one of my favourites. Horizon Chase Turbo is bloody outstanding. It's got the fun and exhilarating speed of OutRun, the strategic thinking-ahead of Top Gear, and it's as balls-hard as Lotus Turbo Challenge. With a surprising number of cars, tracks and modes, unique visuals and a quality soundtrack as well, this is the best arcade racer I've played in years. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 21:01

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 H2x1_NSwitch_SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy_image1600w

I bought SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy new for just over a tenner last week, and it looks like I’ve completed it. I think I’ve finished it? I’m not very sure. I’ve looked online and as far as I can tell I’ve done everything there is to do. So, aye…

This is a very simple tag-team fighter that doesn’t have any big combos to remember or a massive wealth of moves to pull off. You’re playing with a few weak attacks, a couple of strong attacks and a special move - that’s your whole command list, and it only uses about three buttons. Block is a seperate button, which is bollocks, but it’s actually very easy to learn and get a handle of. Fights are decided by the special move - hit it and you win, miss and you’re leaving yourself open for attack. All credit to the developer for that, as it’s quite interesting in that sense, definitely more so than I’ve made it sound.

However, I think any of its goodness is completely overshadowed by how in-your-face it is with it’s sexualisation of the fighters. Basically, it’s all very pervy, it’s all very anime, and it’s all very manky. Coupling that with the lack of modes, repetitiveness of the matches and mega-short story mode, it’s just not something I can really recommend you buying unless you’re a wee dirty who'd want to have a chug over Nintendo Switch diddies. 4/10.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 0:04

Well you've sold me on it Cappa. To be fair, that's exactly the impression I got from the trailer. I'm sure it has an audience. . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 8:44

Not great to hear it's rather short but just over £10 isn't a bad price as the game was only going to be about fan service which wasn't what interested me it was the fact Gal Fighters on NGPC is decent and I was hoping this would be as good as that.

Anyway
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 Apps.17304.13854037943870584.93847822-995a-4d55-b0d8-ab64ac0aaab0

With the talk about the FF ports coming to Switch, I decided to go back to FFXVPEHD on Xbox One which after playing I'm not sure I would have ever wanted to play a 15hr game on mobile which the chapters also don't lend there self to pick up play nature either.

Can see it working better on Switch or Tablet which I feel you're more likely to use as a portable on a long journey.

I do like the Chibi style even if moody Noctis coming from a cute Chibi seems a tad out of place, otherwise, the story is the same just now only 10 chapters with chapter 9 being the new chapter 13.

I liked it but it's an odd one to recommend as talking Switch you've got better Final Fantasy games coming (best one is on it already) and other RPGs like Octopath or on Xbox One you've got actual FFXV, Type-0 and a few other RPGs but nothing similar in art style though, which if you have a 3DS you could play Bravely.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 14:11

I guess if you've played the other FFs and you want to play fifteen but you only have a Nintendo?

How was the combat? I always thought that gameplay actually looked pretty fun in FFXV. Was it you who told me it felt a bit like Phantom Pain?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 15:12

Yeah once you've played all the rest of the FF games and want to play the story of XV then yeah.

The main game does sort play like a Finsl Fantasy version of Phantom Pain but Pocket is much more basic.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 21:32

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

I bought SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy new for just over a tenner last week, and it looks like I’ve completed it.

I think the fact that all of the unlockables focus on putting the characters into increasingly ridiculous costumes and essentially playing dress up with them says it all. I'm pretty sure the plot focuses on some SNK villain capturing all the female roster, turning Terry Bogard into a woman and wanting to either fight them or shag them, which says it all really. I can't remember - I watched a runthrough of it to see if it was a decent fighter. It was not.

Drunkalilly wrote:

How was the combat? I always thought that gameplay actually looked pretty fun in FFXV. Was it you who told me it felt a bit like Phantom Pain?

I reckon you'd get a lot of time out of the post-game in FFXV - coasting about with your pals listening to classic FF tunes, going on hunts and exploring caves comprises the bulk of the content post-game. When the focus is away from the convoluted story and towards the road trip with your pals and the pretty fun combat, I think FFXV is a solid game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Feb 2019 - 12:20

I still don't understand why people who have an internet at their disposal would need the likes of SNKHTTF.  With emphasis on the 'TT'.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Feb 2019 - 13:59

Balladeer wrote:
I still don't understand why people who have an internet at their disposal would need the likes of SNKHTTF.  With emphasis on the 'TT'.

Couldn't you say that about almost anything now though?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Feb 2019 - 14:48

JayMoyles wrote:

I bought SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy new for just over a tenner last week, and it looks like I’ve completed it.

I think the fact that all of the unlockables focus on putting the characters into increasingly ridiculous costumes and essentially playing dress up with them says it all. I'm pretty sure the plot focuses on some SNK villain capturing all the female roster, turning Terry Bogard into a woman and wanting to either fight them or shag them, which says it all really. I can't remember - I watched a runthrough of it to see if it was a decent fighter. It was not.

That's it in a nutshell. It's got a miserable amount of content if you're not into costumes and new voices and stuff, which I'm not. You're right about the plot, that's more or less what it's about. As a fighter, it's all right, but nothing I'd have wanted to pay more than a tenner for.

Balladeer wrote:

...unless 'TT' stands for 'Tremendous Tadgers', then they'll be disappointed. I think SNK Heroines Tremendous Tadger Frenzy is an XBox One's big 2019 elusive. With an emphasis on 'big'.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Feb 2019 - 15:32

Balladeer wrote:

Hmm. There's more to the human animal and the nature of sexuality than "see titty, have wank, done." Sometimes that's all one needs, and the internet does the trick. Other times, something a little titillating or sexually charged or pretty and cutesy can be satisfying in other ways. See my enjoyment in say a Bayonetta, or playing as Princess Peach, or playing as a female character and enjoying creating elaborate, ballgown-esque armours in Monster Hunter.

I'm not necessarily defending this game, I'm not familiar with its specific kind of grot. Also, its problematic that gaming is oversaturated with this kind of thing and severely lacking in any other kind of female representation, or sexual tastes other than traditional female beauty.

It's half past midnight and I'm sleepy and also kinda horny so not in the best mind to have this discussion.

Wave
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Feb 2019 - 17:54

All women's fighter as an exclusive Xbox One, I can see the backlash already especially after Kait was announced to be the lead for Gears 5.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2019 - 0:08

Balladeer wrote:

...unless 'TT' stands for 'Tremendous Tadgers', then they'll be disappointed. I think SNK Heroines Tremendous Tadger Frenzy is an XBox One's big 2019 elusive. With an emphasis on 'big'.

Amazing. Laughing

I meant to post in here that I'd polished off Wargroove!

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 WarGroove_logo

I'd never played Advance Wars, so I went into this without any nostalgia or preconceptions to colour my experience. But make no mistake - this is a spiritual successor to Advance Wars through and through, albeit with a fantasy spin.

Each battle pits you against an enemy commander with special abilities to turn the tide of battle like healing nearby troops, providing a defensive zone for their troops or blocking key chokepoints with barriers. You, of course, have your own special ability called a Groove to help out too. The premise is to capture villages and barracks for gold, purchase troops to capture enemy villages and barracks with the overall aim of building an army to either take down the enemy commander or destroy their stronghold building. The strategy starts off simple enough with infantry duking out on open plains before introducing different terrain, then taking the battle to the skies before finally introducing naval warfare. By the end of the substantial campaign, battles take place in three distinct battlefields and really force you to think ahead on how you can push forward effectively.

The aforementioned campaign does a good job of building up the strategy and doesn't overwhelm you with new mechanics, but that doesn't stop the game from being tough as hell at points. Battles can turn into hour long wars of attrition, which does murder the pace of the game at points through lengthy battle animations and having to move many units in the same turn. Fortunately, there are options to tinker with to turn off animations and increase unit speed, which I do recommend taking advantage of once you've had your fill of the solidly animated fight scenes. In regards to visuals and tunes, the game is perfectly serviceable with some pleasantly colourful pixel art punctuated by some snappy battle themes to keep things moving along.

I do think the game could do a better job at making each commander or faction feel a bit more distinct. Every faction has access to the same pool of units, albeit with a paint job for each group. Only the commanders provide different abilities. On the one hand, this does mean the game is balanced well as no one commander feels overpowered, but it does add to the sense of fatigue during lengthier battles as the game throws horde after horde of units after you - units you'll be very familiar with considering they'll no doubt make up the ranks of your army too.

Fatigue is a good word to describe how I felt towards the end of the campaign - the story wasn't gripping enough to keep my interest for the full length of the journey and as the battles got longer and longer, my will to continue diminished more and more to the point where I turned down the difficulty sliders to mindlessly bash my way through the final couple of fights. Still, there's more to this game than just its campaign - each character has an arcade mode to bash through a few fights once you're done with the main campaign, for one, and there's a neat little puzzle mode where you've got to figure out how to clear each map in just one turn. The highlight has to be the substantial level creator which allows not only for singular maps to be made but whole campaigns. There's likely already a wealth of free user-created content out there.

I think this is well worth the price of admission considering how much game you're getting here and if you're willing to take it easy and slowly burn through the content rather than kicking the arse out of it like I perhaps did, you'll likely find this to be a cracking strategy title. 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2019 - 17:00

Drunkalilly wrote:
Hmm. There's more to the human animal and the nature of sexuality than "see titty, have wank, done." Sometimes that's all one needs, and the internet does the trick. Other times, something a little titillating or sexually charged or pretty and cutesy can be satisfying in other ways. See my enjoyment in say a Bayonetta, or playing as Princess Peach, or playing as a female character and enjoying creating elaborate, ballgown-esque armours in Monster Hunter.

I'm not necessarily defending this game, I'm not familiar with its specific kind of grot. Also, its problematic that gaming is oversaturated with this kind of thing and severely lacking in any other kind of female representation, or sexual tastes other than traditional female beauty.

While I agree with your first paragraph in principle, I'm not sure I think TTF (from what I've seen, I've not played it) managed to fill that gap. The second paragraph is bang on, though.

Balladeer wrote:
I still don't understand why people who have an internet at their disposal would need the likes of SNKHTTF. With emphasis on the 'TT'.

Er, it doesn't stand for anything: it's meant to be said out loud - like 'titty', you see. It was meant to be a joke but clearly fell on its arse instead. Sorry. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyMon 4 Mar 2019 - 17:47

From one Square Enix RPG that took a long time to come out (I know not Pocket but proper XV) to another

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 Kingdom-hearts-3-story-so-far-summary.jpg.optimal

Was it worth the wait? No, not really. Why do I feel I'm going to be saying this for Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Did I understand what was going on? No, not really even if the game does give you some tools to find out some things and makes a joke about it near the end. I just took it as Sora & Pals are the light and we have to go bash the bad black coat wearing dudes with our keyblades.

Was it fun? Yes, and No, going through all the Disney world's meeting the characters, then doing some silly moves with some of the best effects I've seen in any game but KHIII only has a few words and it does get awfully repetitive and has more cutscenes than a Metal Gear game, that I feel I've now watched Frozen and Tangled.

Would I recommend it? If it was shorter then I would for most people but at 30hrs it is a big time commitment, so it comes down to do you like JRPG's with a real-time battle system and want a more light-hearted one or you really like Disney and don't mind playing a JRPG with a real-time battle system.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 20:43

I've got nothing to say about Kingdom Hearts III, sorry.

~

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 H2x1_NSwitch_NewSuperMarioBrosUDeluxe_image1600w

Just beat New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - or, the simple and straightforward New Super Mario Bros. U, and the harder, faster New Super Luigi U. The 'New' bit isn't a fair reflection of what's here. It's a package to two games from 2012 and 2013 respectively, which are very similar in tone to three games from 2006, 2009 and 2012 respectively, which are largely made up from ideas, tunes and level design from games from the 1980s, the 1990s and the 2000s altogether.

It's still very good though. It looks nice, controls excellently, and has lots to do in it. You're getting two whole games here, as well as Challenge modes, a Boost Rush mode, and a coin battle thing. That's not half bad for the money. It's just that, as I said in the I'm A Switch, I'm A Lover thread, it's a 'solid and entertaining platformer that’s hurt by the feeling of deja-vu'. 8/10, but I wouldn't mind if this were the last New Super Mario Bros. game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptySun 10 Mar 2019 - 16:12

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 H2x1_NSwitchDS_KatamariDamacyReroll_v2_image1600w

A couple of sessions over the weekend is all it took for me to see the credits in Katamari Damacy Reroll for the Switch. It's a short game right enough. But it's a massively entertaining, creative and mental one at that. Get that demo downloaded off the eShop and see what you make of it for yourself. Me, I'll not forget that in a hurry, 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 EmptySun 10 Mar 2019 - 19:54

Katamari continues to look right up my street and I continue not to buy it. Aww! One for a sale or a drought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next