We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 12:05

Her Story had a really nice interactivity element, feeling like a game, which from your description is missing from this one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 12:06

Yeah this just a film with choices and I reckon the main man behind Her Story, next "game" #Wargames will more like Late Shift then Her Story.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 14:48

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 220px-Mad_Max_2015_video_game_cover_art

I'm not sure I've ever played a game that puts its worst foot forward quite so often as Mad Max does. Driving around, smashing into rag-tag post-apocalyptic cars and blowing stuff up is the sort of mindless fun that you expect from a Mad Max game, and the game delivers in that regard. It's just that so many times the player is forced out of their wacky racer and into some enemy compound where everything falls apart. The game tries to ape the Batman: Arkham Knight style of combat, and it doesn't quite work. It's mostly functional, but whereas Batman has a nice zoomed out camera allowing you to see everyone around you, Mad Max's camera is an enemy of its own, feasting on Max's back like some sort of Metroid. This means when you're attacked from behind, it's off-camera, and you can't react in time. Plus, even when you hit the counter button, it's not like in the Batman games where you instantly know it's worked, I swear I've mashed the button only to be clobbered anyway. What's worse, out of combat exploring enemy strongholds is a mess because there is no mini-map, so get used to missing one target you're meant to blow up and aimlessly wandering around for ages.

It's a shame because it feels like there was almost a very good game here. A few more months of development could have solved the camera, mini-map, and fistycuff issues. The story would've still been a load of shite, but at least some of the characters are suitably weird and there are some really nice lighting effects during certain cutscenes.

As it stands though, it's worth downloading whilst it's free with a PSN Subscription if you want to fanny about with some cars for a while, but otherwise I'd leave it alone. 5.5/10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 20:50

With apologies to M[au]s{1,2}, I love that middle paragraph from yer man Drunka. Absolutely what the AA games are for me.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm very glad that this time around, the blow of reaching the end is softened by the knowledge I've got 3+ more games waiting for me Grin

Well, two more games and Apollo Justice...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 20:52

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 H2x1_NSwitch_KirbyStarAllies

Just finished the story mode of Kirby Star Allies with 70%. It's as you'd expect, truth be told. A beautiful game to look at and listen to, but it's disappointingly unambitious with it's ally mechanics and original ideas, and it's maybe the easiest game in the series since Dream Land in 1992. Absolutely fine if you're into Kirby, but it's not more than reasonably good if you're not. Worth a weekend rental from your local Blockbuster, 7/10.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 21:10

Just Cause 3

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 6707b52acc91f95a7d4c0fdef5b6095c

I spent a lot of time with Just Cause 2, and Just Cause 3 is definitely an improvement. It's such a fun game to mess about in, given the premise is pretty much destroying fuel infrastructures, killing everyone and being rewarded with heavy weaponry. Frequently. It's a stat-fiend's dream too - if you're the type of person who climbs every tower in Assassin's Creed games, this is your game. I just went around "liberating" all the provinces before even touching the story missions, which given how much fun it is to play, I just skipped the cut scenes. It's some nonsense about taking down a maniacal dictator.

As much as I enjoyed playing it, it was very repetitive and if you aren't in to collectibles, or creatively pissing about on a tropical island by firing a metal wire between any two things, this will mainly appeal to a certain gamer. Basically if you like the idea of GTA mixed with Goat Simulator.

8/10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 15:01

Poor KSA. No Not the game we needed or deserved.

Super Castlevania IV

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 220px-Super_Castlevania_IV_North_American_SNES_box_art

Difficulty Setting Used: N/A

So the soundtrack remains one of the more epic ones on the SNES. The gameplay, however, has aged so much it feels aged. There's really very little to do beyond whipping and firing off the occasional subweapon. Simon Belmont feels very stiff and awkward (one for the Innuendo Police there) and for all the occasional visual splendour it's quite a dour game. The bosses are a real highlight, however, particularly yer vampire Dracula. It's not bad, as such, just better lived in the memory than in actuality.

12/20
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 16:13

I find it difficult to return to the older Castlevania titles - the linear progression is totally fine, but I just want to romp about Dracula's castle and explore it to my heart's content like in Portrait of Ruin or Symphony of the Night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:14

ZeroJones wrote:
Poor KSA. No Not the game we needed or deserved.

The Mario Tennis Ultra Smash of Kirby games.

Bit harsh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:21

Yeah as Kirby does have plenty of content but it's just okay.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 20:13

I'd say that Kirby Star Allies is better than okay. I'm repeating what I typed about Kirby 64 in the Simply The Best thread for Star Allies as it all applies: "the hybrid abilities are a great idea that should be revisited, but otherwise it lacks vitality. All in all, I’d say that it’s quite good for what it sets out to do. Ultimately, nostalgia is fine, but I definitely prefer the more ambitious, varied and forward-thinking Kirby games that appeared after this".

~

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 H2x1_NSwitch_ScribblenautsShowdown_enGB_image1600w

I've seen everything Scribblenauts Showdown has to offer, so consider it the last game that I finished. As decent as the Scribblenauts concept still is, Showdown isn't a particularly good minigame compilation, or a particularly good Scribblenauts game. I called it Scribblenauts Letdown in another thread, and it lives up to that and that only. It looks like it sold poorly and reviewed even worse; I can't see where the series goes from here. Maybe consider it if it's a tenner or less, 4/10.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 11:17

I missed what I was going to say to Muss about Mad Max as I'm a little surprised due hearing it's a bit of a hidden gem due to it not doing well because it launched on the same day as Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Anyway I finished
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 56ff01f5b2f4a4743949564de9d661390f9ad38bc3867aaf07c7dd009547b47a

I think it needs a name change as you play what feels like 3 episodes as Bruce, sure it's to help Gotham and Batman, I'd just liked to have done more Batman things.

I gather most of you have played a Post-TWD Telltale game and know how they're going to play, that it comes down to the story and I guess if you're interested in it.

I like Batman along with this take on the hero but if you're not a fan of his, then I would avoid like I have with Minecraft (I would play if came to Plus or something) as I can't see you enjoying it.

This is the first Telltale game I've not had any bugs and the first I wish I made a different choice in my dialogue at the end, I will just have to edit my actions when Season 3 comes around.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 11:32

Pretty sure Mad Max is well known as being the definition of 6/10.

Also the whole point of TTs Batman is the synergy/conflict between Bruce & Bats, the mix changes based on your choices...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 11:38

Different circles then as I've heard a lot it's a hidden gem.

I totally get that, Andy and I enjoyed the playing Enemy Within and maybe I should have made choices more along the ones of Batman not Bruce but I went for the ones I felt were right.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 15:21

I'd say 6/10 is the perfect place for a hidden gem, it's not a different circle thing. A game with serious issues, but a few components that are absolutely brilliant constitutes a hidden gem to me, we don't love in a pre internet era, it's not like things fly under the radar these days as there's so much material around to discover everything. Mad Max has such great vehicular combat, if you never had to get out it would just be a great game, but you do...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 19:23

Depends on your definition of 'hidden gem' I think. For me, the game as a whole has to be a gem. That means 7/10 minimum really.

(Inb4 Drunka riding roughshod over the notion of scores in a monster hunter truck.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 21:18

I agree with Balla as I would say Subsurface Circular is a hidden gem on the eShop as who's played it no one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2018 - 22:19

Quote :

Depends on your definition of 'hidden gem' I think.

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 Tumblr_me87ouMnyu1rpntveo1_500
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 4:37

I can't believe my attempt to drum up Ace Attorney conversation disappeared over the page boundary and we're having a super tedious discussion about very petty definitions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 8:07

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'd say that Kirby Star Allies is better than okay...

~

I've seen everything Scribblenauts Showdown has to offer, so consider it the last game that I finished. As decent as the Scribblenauts concept still is, Showdown isn't a particularly good minigame compilation, or a particularly good Scribblenauts game. I called it Scribblenauts Letdown in another thread, and it lives up to that and that only. It looks like it sold poorly and reviewed even worse; I can't see where the series goes from here. Maybe consider it if it's a tenner or less, 4/10.

Star Allies seemed to lack the spark that the traditional Kirby games usually have, for me. The set-pieces didn't fire as they normally do, for example. I'm concerned that it's another one of those games that was made for four players and I beat it solo, thereby missing the point entirely.

Quite sad about Scribblenauts Showdown. The concept is awesome, I agree; the devs just need to find a great way to use it. This was clearly not it. I hope the series doesn't fall apart after this, I really do. Aww!

Drunkalilly wrote:
I can't believe my attempt to drum up Ace Attorney conversation disappeared over the page boundary and we're having a super tedious discussion about very petty definitions.

Agreed (although "super tedious" is a bit much, for me - regular tedious would do just fine Winky Face ). And always up for more Ace Attorney chat! I reckon Justice For All is underrated, totally because of the circus case (which I don't hate).

And now, more games!

Kirby Super Star (SNES Mini):

Yo-Kai Watch:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 21:47

Interesting - that's probably around the score I'd give it, but I generally tend to be a fair bit harsher than you, Zero-chan. Can't say I had many experience problems though: I introduced a number of level 1s into my team and let the rest carry them up! What did you think of (a) the designs and (b) the combat? The latter seems to be the main bone of contention about the series. (Everyone agrees that the catching system is bobbins.)

Drunkalilly wrote:

I presume that, as the only person to appreciate this at the time, I'm exempt from this scathing criticism?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 22:06

Balladeer wrote:
Interesting - that's probably around the score I'd give it, but I generally tend to be a fair bit harsher than you, Zero-chan.  Can't say I had many experience problems though: I introduced a number of level 1s into my team and let the rest carry them up!  What did you think of (a) the designs and (b) the combat?  The latter seems to be the main bone of contention about the series.  (Everyone agrees that the catching system is bobbins.)

When did you play Kirby Super Star? Eh? Razz

a) It got that score because there were fairly big flaws around a good-ish core of a game.
b) At the minute my mission is just to beat games, so I wanted the toughest Yo-kai available instantly. My poor Jibanyan got sidelined faster than Ant McPartlin (too soon?).
c) The designs were alright - nothing special most of the time, with some real horrors. The thing I liked the most was that I didn’t see many utterly unlike evolutions: Appak looked like a slightly different Walkappa, likewise Dimmy and Blandon. Having said that, why wasn’t Nul on the Dimmy-Blandon evolutionary line?
d) Do you know, I quite liked the combat? Once I’d gotten used to the decision-making process that was necessary, I was in. In fact I wish more enemy Yo-kai had effective Inspiriting moves, so that things could be more testing. If there is a criticism of the combat, it’s that it didn’t go far enough.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2018 - 22:15

I can appreciate all that, including the Nul thing - there are a lot of palette swaps in the series. I think above and beyond the befriending, that's my least favourite thing about it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Apr 2018 - 20:21

A couple more games on the SNES Mini have received their come1-uppance.

That gag sponsored by age and tiredness! Dance

Yoshi's Island:

DKC:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Apr 2018 - 21:08

Your right no 2D MARIO game have topped it since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next