We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 23:23

What was your endgame team Drunka?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 12:54

Feraligatr, Ariados, Houndoom, Piloswine, Sudowoodo and Togetic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 13:20

Now for the real challenge, Hard Nuzlocke with only gen 2 mons!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 18:42

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 Header

Ryse is an odd game, as for a 5-year-old launch title it looks fantastic that I had to look up if it's X enhanced but it isn't. The issue is it's a 5-year-old launch game, which was okay back then and now even more just super average, it never does anything wrong but the hero is bland and the game doesn't change from chapter 1 to chapter 8.

Compared to Super Mario 64 it's awful but compared to Perfect Dark Zero is rather good.

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 Forza-Horizon-4-Key-Art-Horizontal-hero-hero-hero

FH4 is a game you might consider much like FIFA or a fighting game, not something you can finish but it does have clear goals, which I've done all the super duper races for all race types, showcases and all story missions.

That what I've got left is Drift Zones (I've done both of the speed types and the jump ones) which very much feels get 50 kills with a shotgun type deal, multiplayer party games which feels like CTF but with cars, they're also achievements like getting 100 items for your character.

If this was Destiny or a racing game like well Forza 7, I would be done in terms of all cups.

Is FH4 any good though, well after playing over 38hrs of it, I would say it's the best racing game I've played ever and worth getting an Xbox One for as it's that good. I'm not good at racing games but it rewards you and makes you feel you are heading to the end goal for doing anything and everything, it's so rewarding.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 20:44

FH4 is the one game that has made me turn attention to the Xbox this generation (other than perhaps Sunset Overdrive a few years back). I'm not the biggest car lover but it looks like it combines the beauty and reward of Gran Turismo's Career mode but is actually fun to drive the cars. I'd love to see them have Forza as a "Games As Service" type scenario, where there are daily challenges and regular updates. Something like The Division for cars.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 20:53

Forza Horizon 4 basically does that, especially with the seasons.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 22:52

Are the trams there yet in the Edinburgh area or are they patching them in three years late to create a realistic depiction of Edinburgh?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 0:17

Severed

Just finished this off about 10 minutes ago and yup I really enjoyed it, the touchscreen combat is really clever stuff especially in the second half of the game and the puzzle element of the dungeons are never too hard to figure out. Not really a great fit for the Switch since the game wants you to play with your left hand holding the console while the right uses the touchscreen and this just causes a bit of strain even with that new grip I have, so if you haven't played it before it'd probably be better to get it for 3ds but apart from that I definitely recommend it.

Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 7:59

@Jay the realisms is off, you don't start with a 1.2 Corsa and no traffic jams.

Severed should only be played on the glorious VITA.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 17:59

Whee, Severed! Great game, short but great. Glad you liked it Jasman.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 18:14

I'd say the length of it was spot on and if you're one to 100% games it can easily go into double figures, the story felt more personal as well and that was nice to see that side of Drinkbox games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 18:47

A friendly reminder that Severed for 3DS/Wii U is on the UK MyNintendo page for 150 Gold Points:

https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories/download_code

~

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 H2x1_3DS_LuigisMansion_image1600w

A few days off meant I was able to pelt through the original 2002 version of Luigi's Mansion. I hadn't played through Luigi's Mansion since early 2006, but I was quickly reminded of how clever and memorable it is. The atmosphere especially, they nailed that on the GameCube. It's full of the sort of little touches that make a good game really good. Yet, famously, it's badly held back by it's lack of difficulty and lack of lifespan and replayability. I think I was done with it after about five hours, and that'll be me done with it for a very long time. Also, to be honest, by the end, I was getting a bit scunnered with it. These days, Luigi's Mansion all feels quite old-fashioned with it's backtracking, and the game repeats it's ideas and tricks a little too often.

I understand that the 3DS version that just came out doesn't really address many of these seventeen-year-old complaints, and introduces a couple of new ones to boot. That's a shame, as, at it's core, Luigi's Mansion is quite an enjoyable game. It's just not worth £30, is all. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 21:51

Finished Metroid: Samus Returns tonight. I've talked a little bit about it in another thread, but ultimately: not my favourite 2D Metroid, but very slick, and a brilliant way of finally experiencing the pivotal Metroid plot point - the imprint - for real, having just known about it up until now. I love that little crystal munching screecher. And for all that I sounded a bit critical of it when I was talking about it before, I did go to the efforts of 100%ing it. Though it took me almost 14 hours, so we're not talking speedrunner times here.

Want a rating? How about 87%. That's a number, isn't it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 19:55

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
These days, Luigi's Mansion all feels quite old-fashioned with it's backtracking, and the game repeats it's ideas and tricks a little too often.

It's been ages since I've played it, but wasn't Luigi's movement speed a bit on the slow side of things too? I remember that making treks across the mansion pretty tedious, all told.

Rum Rapture wrote:
Though it took me almost 14 hours, so we're not talking speedrunner times here.

Now you'll NEVER get to see hot half-naked Samus in her Zero Suit for a reward for going really quickly - you've absolutely fucked it now Rum.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2018 - 16:49

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 Madden-NFL-19-Logo

Now I like American Football but I've not played an Amercian Football game for ages as I'm not following week in and week out as I do with Football, I've not needed one every year and I've actually not played for one year's as when they do get cheap I'm like do I want to spend on £10 on a two-year-old sports game.

I'm not even bothered about Football games and I may get FM19 but I missed last years for instance. Why I even played Madden NFL 19 was my game sharing mate won all four 2019 EA Sports games and as I've not played an American Football game for years, I was well excited.

What I can tell you it's so good, and how it plays compared the last one I played is leaps and bounds that I would recommend it for most sports games now, miss a year or two to really noticed the improvements.

You might be thinking why here and not the other finished thread, well I did win the Super Bowl in the Franchise Mode and I could keep doing that as I would on FIFA winning the top league and it that way it's a game that you can keep playing along with MUT.

Like FIFA, Madden has a story mode called longshot and it's really good. I played the journey on FIFA 17 and got about halfway through as to me the story mode in a FIFA being 15hrs seems rather long (Shadow of the Tomb Raider took me 16hrs) and got boring playing match after match.

Longshot is about 4hrs long, it does continue from Madden NFL 18 that I didn't get all that was going on but it just works way better, it might be because American Football is easier to turn into a story-driven (plenty of American sport films that are great) thing like being in the 4th quarter with 30 seconds on the clock and your on offence can you get the winning touchdown where I guess in football due to it being open the narrative can't be controlled as easily.

I know Madden NFL 19 isn't going to be for everyone but it's been one of the most enjoyable games I've played this year and one of the best sports games I've played for a long time as well.

I might move on to NHL 19 next, go Penguins.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 8:05

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 H2x1_NSwitch_SuperMarioParty

I finished Super Mario Party. Actually, I didn't finish it right the way through, but I played all the modes a few times, and I seen online that playing them over and over the unlock the ending isn't worth the while, so I traded it in while I was still quids in.

Going through each of the six modes:

The default Mario Party mode is more or less the same as what it was like on N64 and GameCube, which is a god thing after the failed experiments of Mario Party 9 & 10's main modes. Though they've tried to through some strategy in with the Ally Spaces and special dice dedicated to each character, it's still slow, and it's still based too much of sudden luck. But, it's decently entertaining nonetheless.

Partner Party is that again, but with free movement and team-based dice rolls. It sounds better than it plays though - very little happens compared to the main mode, and you've got to be correct with your dice rolls in order to do anything. It's not great.

I really enjoyed River Survival. It's a motion-controlled co-op version of the time that Jack, Victor and Winston went down the River Kelvin on Shug's dingy, with branching paths like OutRun. You pop balloons on the way down the stream to play minigames and earn more time, and on Hard and Very Hard modes it's actually fairly tough. This felt new, and it was quite addictive. I'd argue that it's the highlight mode of the game.

Similarly good was Sound Stage, which feels like Super Mario Party's attempt at being a Rhythm Paradise game. You play back-to-back rhythm games that rely on the (really accurate) JoyCon controls, and the speed increases as you get further on. This is a great side mode that I'd like to see come back again in the future.

Challenge Mode is just a guantlet of the minigames with some stipulations chucked in. Thankfully, the majority of minigames are good fun, and even those that aren't don't hang about for too long. Again, good stuff.

You'll have heard about the game's online mode, Online Mariothon. It's as bad as you've been told: not only is there only ten minigames in total, but the performance is consistently shocking. This is an awful advert for Nintendo Switch Online.

Overall, I thought it was a good refresh of a series that had lost it's way a bit. With good controls, great presentation and especially enjoyable minigames, I think this is worth getting with the JoyCon as part of the bundle that's out next month if you've got the folk around you to play it with. On your own, however, the fun is limited (and that's the main reason why I punted it back to CEX after a week). 7/10 for me, but bump that up to an 8/10 if you're playing it with others.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 14:40

That sounds about right. Mario Party's a local multiplayer game, and by most accounts I've read a good one, on a machine that's full of them. So if you don't have friends, or don't specifically want the Mario Party experience and just want some good local multiplayer, 7/10 seems fair.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 21:29

Aye - I got to play SMP with my family yesterday. Cappa, I can understand that score, and agree with your thoughts on e.g. the online mode. But I can say it was a lot of fun with people seeing minigames for the first time.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2018 - 6:29

Oxenfree

Good game. Weird, scary in places, heartfelt . . . I liked it. Feels kind of like a top tier Doctor Who episode, actually.

10/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2018 - 9:01

Glad you like it and even though I've not done it but replaying it changes the game slightly.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptyMon 29 Oct 2018 - 10:10

Im pretty happy with the story I got so I don't feel much need to play again in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 19:58

Drunkalilly wrote:
Im pretty happy with the story I got so I don't feel much need to play again in a hurry.

I feel the same with these sort of games but with the timey wimey, it is one that I feel could be replayed.

Due to MS bringing back some Castlevania games and the new series, I really fancied playing a Castlevania as you may have seen in the yesterday I bought thread that didn't go too well.

However seeing I backed Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, I had a code for
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 Dims?quality=100&image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F4c097d7c9cade8a3f68773dbdd80cb59%2F206371798%2Fblood-ed

I redeemed it a while ago on PS4 but never got around to playing it but after I watching season 2 of Castlevaina and also wanting short game to play to break up the likly 60hrs of RDR2.

So why not play this 8-bit homage to Castlevania on the NES which this is, this is NOT a Metroidvania that series became but a more simple action platformer and a very good one and that.

Which has left me a bit worried that this might turn out to be better then Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.

Surprised not see on here before as can see the likes of Jas or peeps who liked things like Shovel Knight really digging this.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 20:11

It's on the old watchlist for Switch but no clue when I'll get around to buying it especially when I've got similar games like 'Slain: Back from Hell' left unplayed on there.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 20:25

I'm in the same boat as Jas - one that looks like it'd be up my alley, but no time to play it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 20:32

Well worth having it that watch list seeing it's £9 as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next