We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 2:39

masofdas wrote:
Hidden Agenda is a playlink (phone) game that I really liked and Erica (not sure what's happened to it) I like the look of, both seem to use it in a decent way.
Not tried them but I'm definitely a fan of the concept, there's just bound to be some stinkers in there as well.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 16:53

Hidden Agenda is sort of like Until Dawn or Heavy Rain but the actions are done on a phone, from what I've seen of Erica which the one trailer is that you're controlling the phone she has in the game.

I have finished some games since #Wargames and they're not great Super Destronaut DX and TETRA's Escape both on the VITA which I only really played as they have easy platinum trophies and that be in the only reason I'd really recommend even if Destro is ok Space Invaders clone.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 22:09

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 3361269-trailer_mariotennisaces_direct_20180308
Heehee - I nicked Metacritic's image while worrying about objective reviews

in that I finished the Adventure mode.

I still love the actual Tennis game; in Simple mode it plays like a champion, and will enjoy a bash with friends and family any time (they've just added some extra rule options as well, which is good going). However, the adventure just didn't feel right. Ignoring the PS2-JRPG-esque "cutscenes" (everything is caused/fixed by the power of tennis), I found that beating a lot of the "levels" meant actively trying to not play tennis. I wanted to play tennis.

So, er... my score for this bit is... 6/10? 30-Love?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 22:15

Jimbob wrote:
Ignoring the PS2-JRPG-esque "cutscenes" (everything is caused/fixed by the power of tennis)

Whilst I thought the adventure mode was sparse, I did actually like the fact that the mighty game of tennis saved the world. I love ridiculous concepts like that - it feels like anime in a way, what with card-battling being life and death or things like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 7:47

Wait: they added new modes!? Which modes? Good modes? This could be slowly converging to the tennis game I actually wanted to buy in the first place...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyFri 17 Aug 2018 - 21:26

No new modes in that sense, but you now play a proper length match outwith the story mode as opposed to a best of 3. Tingle
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptySat 18 Aug 2018 - 13:04

Ah, that's the other thing people were looking for! Grand stuff, will definitely have to give this game another go now. I predict I'll get around to it some time in 2021.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptySat 18 Aug 2018 - 21:58

I'll put it in my diary and remind you. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 16:48

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 H2x1_3DS_WarioWareGold_image1600w

"WaaaaaarioWare!". If you've played any of these before, you sort of know what to expect. It's got the same mad personality and nonsensical goofiness as it did on GBA, GameCube, DS and Wii. Admittedly, there's not too much new here, but the Challenge modes - which include a Split Screen mode in which you play games across the two screens immediately after one another, a Cruise Control mode that speeds up the game depending on how much you're tilting your 3DS, and Sneaky Gamer from the old Game & Wario game on Wii U - at least offer something a bit different and a fresh way of playing. The Ultra modes here are quality, in that they throw all types of game at you in the same run, and you've got to figure out what controller inputs are needed for yourself. I think that's new for the series, and it makes WarioWare even more unpredictable, bewildering and exciting. I bloody love WarioWare Gold - though it's blatantly a schedule-filler, it's a good laugh, hugely imaginative, very silly, and definitely one of the best games on the 3DS. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 18:44

Aw mate. Aww! Not only did you trick us in your last post on the game, but you're making me really wish I could play that! Ah well, roll on Wario Ware Switched...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 21:23

Yep, definitely reckon I'll be picking this up at some point now. It was the bonus features that really got me interested in this and your round-up has cemented that for me there TCK. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 22:11

Good to hear it! Dance
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 12:31

Hollow Knight

Finished this one off yesterday and not only is it one of my favourite games of this year it's up there as one of my favourite Metroidvania's as well, not only does this have all what you expect from this genre and does it really well but I really enjoyed how it focuses on more than a lonesome adventurer. So many interesting characters other than the one you play that truly make the world more believable and spur you on to explore every corner & since I only ended with 74% completion at some point I shall be returning to this gem of a game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 16:48

I hope you do - I really want to talk to someone about the 100% completion content and everyone's leaving it before getting to that point.

...the Path of Pain awaits. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 17:30

JayMoyles wrote:
I hope you do - I really want to talk to someone about the 100% completion content and everyone's leaving it before getting to that point.

...the Path of Pain awaits. Twisted Evil

I definitely will, I just want to finish off a few other games from the Switch backlog first and considering my time was at 35 hours I just feel I've played it enough for now.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 20:09

Utterly unsurprised. Did a single person here think Jas wouldn't like this? I'm not being snarky, I genuinely thought it would be your perfect game, so I';m glad you enjoyed it! Grin

The_Roguelikefan wrote:
...but I really enjoyed how it focuses on more than a lonesome adventurer.

What do you mean by this bit? Do you mean the whole backstory of Hallownest, or the other characters, or both?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 21:09

Beat Yoku's Island Express tonight. Percentage completion was 69%. Oh baby.

Lovely game, and very compulsive in that classic Metroidvania "how do I get there wtf I hate this oh wait there we go I love this" kind of way. As I mentioned in the Switch eShop thread, sometimes it can get kind of frustrating when you can't nail a shot and you just want to move on to the next bit, but it's down to skill rather than luck, so I can't complain that much. Sometimes I was just a bit pants. The characters were sweet and distinctive, the soundtrack was smooth, and the main character is a little dung beetle who is also a postman guys, come on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 21:18

Aw Rum, don't do this!  I have two games on the go already, and I thought Yoku was so happy (what I played of it) and I think the world of the developer...  Don't make me feel guilty for not playing this. Sad

Which mushroom did you give the serpent thing? Inquiring minds demand to know!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 21:39

Balladeer wrote:
Aw Rum, don't do this!  I have two games on the go already, and I thought Yoku was so happy (what I played of it) and I think the world of the developer...  Don't make me feel guilty for not playing this. Sad

If you've bought it, though, that's the main thing! Unless you just played the demo. But that's still good, because you might play it in future. All in good time my friend!

Quote :
Which mushroom did you give the serpent thing?  Inquiring minds demand to know!

Bit of a spoiler for later on in the game:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 22:18

TheRoguelikeHaterDeer wrote:
Utterly unsurprised.  Did a single person here think Jas wouldn't like this?  I'm not being snarky, I genuinely thought it would be your perfect game, so I';m glad you enjoyed it! Grin

The_Roguelikefan wrote:

What do you mean by this bit?  Do you mean the whole backstory of Hallownest, or the other characters, or both?

Aye both, when I play this genre I always directly compare them to Metroid (duh! as why wouldn't you) which always has a desolate or dying world and all other games in this genre follow this too closely at times, even good games like Axiom verge etc. and while HK does do this as well there's enough areas/characters that are more alive if that makes sense?

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 22:26

It does, I think. Dying world, but with outposts of life and character. And not bad life and character either (looking at you Metroid Prime 3), but more like

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 Hollow_knight_grub_by_digi_matrix-db0bbna

My favourite NPC:

Rum Rapture wrote:
If you've bought it, though, that's the main thing! Unless you just played the demo. But that's still good, because you might play it in future. All in good time my friend!

It's definitely my intention to go back to it and give it the playing it deserves!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 10:40

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 Maxresdefault

That's Yoku's Island Express finished, although with a sorry 49% completion.

Rum Rapture wrote:

Lovely game, and very compulsive in that classic Metroidvania "how do I get there wtf I hate this oh wait there we go I love this" kind of way. As I mentioned in the Switch eShop thread, sometimes it can get kind of frustrating when you can't nail a shot and you just want to move on to the next bit, but it's down to skill rather than luck, so I can't complain that much. Sometimes I was just a bit pants. The characters were sweet and distinctive, the soundtrack was smooth, and the main character is a little dung beetle who is also a postman guys, come on.

What Rum Rapture said. As a stress-free gaming palate cleanser that doesn't take too long to beat, it's an easy recommendation. You can squeeze this in before whatever bollocks you're going to play next, 8/10.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 22:53

Balladeer wrote:

The_Roguelikefan wrote:

What do you mean by this bit?  Do you mean the whole backstory of Hallownest, or the other characters, or both?

I enjoyed that you follow the stories of a few different characters across your journey as well. And they mostly had cheery endings as opposed to similar character moments in Dark Souls, so hooray!

Right, I think that's enough folks mentioning that Yoku's is worth a look, so consider me looking into it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 23:21

Balladeer wrote:
It does, I think.  Dying world, but with outposts of life and character.  And not bad life and character either (looking at you Metroid Prime 3), but more like

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 Hollow_knight_grub_by_digi_matrix-db0bbna

My favourite NPC:

That is a good choice of NPC. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 15:02

JayMoyles wrote:
I enjoyed that you follow the stories of a few different characters across your journey as well. And they mostly had cheery endings as opposed to similar character moments in Dark Souls, so hooray!

This is a big plus!

With the notable exception of...:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next