We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 20:43

That were great! That SmashDown mode is sort-of like an ideal mode my sister and I would play anyway, so I'm down with that. Until I end up picking Mr. Game and Watch and have no idea what I'm doing. There's so much crazy crap in there that I'd never be table to take it all in. And we've got Shovel Knight as a guest! I don't know or care who Chrom is, but apart from that, I'm absolutely chuffed - even if there's something that I won't used, I know I'm chuffed for someone else. Chuffed.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 21:51

Jay over on GRcade wrote:
I've been hoping to see Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series turn up.

His normal attacks would naturally be using the whip or some of his sub-weapons with his special moves revolving heavily around his sub-weapons. I'm thinking his side special would be the Holy Water attack, leaving a little trail along the ground. His up-special could be Simon leaping upwards throwing a couple of axes as he does so, and his down-special could be him throwing a few crosses out. The sadist in me wants his down special to be a counter using the stopwatch, but I'd rather not see yet another counter move in Smash Bros.

GET IN. I am so happy to see Simon and his kickass stage turn up - Richter was an added bonus and an early contender for my main as I really dig his design. Big Belmont was my most wanted character for Smash so I'm over the moon to see him at last.

There was plenty of great moments in that Direct that I could be typing here forever, but the highlights:

-Rathalos! And that looked like a Monster Hunter stage to me, which makes me wonder if we'll see some other monsters pop up as stage bosses.

-The new Smashdown mode looks like great fun, as does the crew elimination battle thing.

-K.Rool looks great, but it was all about that Dedede fake out.

-The single player dream lives judging by that pixelated menu option!

-The Final Smash as a meter option is something I'm dead keen on playing around with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:36

Aye that was all superb, the only moment of confusion I had was with Richter, I was like "who the fuck is this?!" Laughing

I agree with Jay though his design is pretty cool. I am so ready for this game already and the best thing is they said more new fighters would be announced.....or did I imagine that?

Balla wrote:
Even Nintendo's getting in on the Battle Royale craze, with its Sudden Death shrinking screen. Rolling Eyes Winky Face

That's what the blurred out secret mode it. Razz

Jay wrote:
-Rathalos! And that looked like a Monster Hunter stage to me, which makes me wonder if we'll see some other monsters pop up as stage bosses.

Looked like the Ancestral steppe from 4U, didn't it? Probably won't happen but a cheeky MH fighter would make me even more happy than I already am about this series' inclusion in Smash. The main thing that stops this is MH has always been light on story and there's only a few characters that could maybe work.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:40

They'd better announce MH4 for the Switch first if they're going to do that! DAMN YOU! I think we will get one more fella at least: there's got to be at least one more Direct to announce the single-player modes, and I imagine we'll get the odd new character at the same time.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:49

The_Jaster wrote:

Looked like the Ancestral steppe from 4U, didn't it?

Seemed to be, yep!

Balladeer wrote:
They'd better announce MH4 for the Switch first if they're going to do that! DAMN YOU!

I mean, it's a Nintendo game... 'twas on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:54

Duh! 5 then. The one after World!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:55

4U also had the best story of any MH game with lots of fun characters ripe for the picking. Twisted Evil

EDIT:

Balla wrote:
Duh!  5 then. The one after World!

World is number 5. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyThu 9 Aug 2018 - 11:25

Solid direct, even though I don't care about newbies.  They've made both very appealing characters to play from the looks of things, so that alone sold me.  And they sold me on the main reveal simply with that glorious troll alone, never change Sakurai!  And finally, Dark Samus, FINALLY!  Now Metroid finally has some decent reps, and Smash finally has a decent ratio of villains in the roster!  

They missed a great chance with Chrom's reveal though.  Should've kept the meme of his uselessness up!  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 Chrom10

At least they didn't add any more Fire Emblem characters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyThu 9 Aug 2018 - 12:40

Athrun wrote:
And finally, Dark Samus, FINALLY! Now Metroid finally has some decent reps, and Smash finally has a decent ratio of villains in the roster!

With Metroid being my favourite Nintendo series I was quite chuffed with the addition of Dark Samus, I don't think there's much else they could add anyway and the ones they have are a solid trio.

---

Now onto this Luigi being dead thing, anyone feel like this is folk just trying to force a meme (a very bad one at that) onto everyone? The fighters are all toys anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvvzdPyk9-A

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyThu 9 Aug 2018 - 18:11

Nah, the Luigi dying thing is hilarious and anyone who says otherwise is nofunallowed.jpg.

I was always afraid of Dark Samus' introduction, seeing it as taking up more slots in a crowded roster to do the same thing as Samus. Having her as an Echo works perfectly fine. That said, I still find it bizarre that Dr. Mario isn't an Echo. The Mario Tornado does not make a sufficient difference! They should replace FLUDD with a syringe and bite that particular bullet.

The_Jaster wrote:
Balla wrote:
Duh!  5 then. The one after World!

World is number 5. Laughing

It's not called Monster Hunter 5 though is it! I mean whatever the next direct sequel game is. Anyway, probably not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyThu 9 Aug 2018 - 19:33

Not saying folk can't have fun with the Luigi "death" thing but I just think it's shit. Laughing

Balla wrote:
It's not called Monster Hunter 5 though is it! I mean whatever the next direct sequel game is. Anyway, probably not a big deal.

Nope, just found it funny and I'd say it's up in the air how Capcom will go forward with the series, I think the Switch will get it's own built from the ground up MH in the next year or 2.

Though with Rathalos already being in SSBU I don't see how it'd need another game on Switch for them to entertain the idea of making a fighter for the game as well, like I said before it probably won't happen but I can dream.

Sleep <-----that's me dreaming. Smile
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 Aug 2018 - 1:25

Technically though Luigi has died plenty of times anyway, video game characters get extra lives remember?

There was something about the direct for me that felt a little off, perhaps the fact they shown so much at E3 I was a bit burnt out from Smash Bros info. Brief negativity out of the way Ultimate is looking... well, the ultimate Smash Bros. Some of the new modes look really fun and should add a few twists to multiplayer matches and there's more to show still. This might be wishful thinking too but I feel like they might have swerved us and there's still new characters to come (Not Waluigi).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 8:12

I don't know why this has resonated with me so much better than the E3 Direct did, but I strongly suspect it's because (a) I already knew the fact that new arrivals would be limited, so that wasn't a huge gut-punch; (b) we actually got a decent few new arrivals regardless; and (c) because it was labelled a Smash Direct, not a Nintendo E3. I expected less Smash out of E3, but plenty of Smash out of this, and I got it.

The_Jaster wrote:
Not saying folk can't have fun with the Luigi "death" thing but I just think it's shit. Laughing

I'll remember that for future taglines. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 16:11

I'm predicting at least one more brand new character and a couple of more Echo Fighters. We'll probably see them turn up when we get more info about the mysterious menu option.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 21:04

I'd much rather they were just kept secret until launch but we sadly know that won't happen.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptySun 12 Aug 2018 - 18:52

Late September/early October for a final Smash Direct I think would be reasonable, where we'll find out the game's remaining secrets. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure that the 'reveal EVERYTHING' approach is in response to leakers. Leakers ruin everything for everyone. Mad
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 Aug 2018 - 0:52

Yeah its definitely Nintendo firing the first shots which is fair enough, just a shame that's the standard these days. They did pretty well to keep Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Duo secret last time around so there's hope they can keep something quiet.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 19:55

Jay actually mentioned that a streamer managed to spoil DHD as well. Sulk
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 21:01

Even though I was spoiled on DHD and Bowser Jr. before release, I still hope they've got at least one super secret character squirrelled away in there as a launch day surprise. I still remember being blown away unlocking Mewtwo in SSBM, and I'd like to recapture that feeling again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 11:25

That’s where they’re hiding playable Solaire! Tongue
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 22:32

Please don't joke about things that would give me a hype-fuelled heart attack.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:20

Don't worry, Jay, I'd cancel it out with my extreme gloom.

So lads, who are we going to play as when we start? Initially you only have the original 8 Smash characters to play with.

More to the point, is anyone not going to start with Link?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 20:55

Probably either Samus or Kirby for me as they are both my favourites to play as.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:20

With the number of hours I've put into Smash 3DS, the similarities in play styles means I could play any of the starting eight comfortably, really! So, in order of most to least likely:

1: Link. I mean come on, he's been considerably revamped and I can't wait to try him out.
2: Pikachu. Early reports are saying that Pikachu's benefited from some of the new gameplay mechanics and feels even better to control, so I'll check the mouse out.
3: Mario. One of my faves from SSB3DS, so you better believe I'll be dunking some fools with my forward air move.
4: Fox. Another one of my faves from SSB3DS.
5: DK. Not my favourite heavy character, but it's fun dunking fools and punching them out with charge punch.
6: Samus. I mean, I'm looking forward more to playing as Dark Samus, but landing charge shots is still fun.
7: Kirby. Never got on with the Kirbster beyond messing about trying to take people with me with the swallow move and jumping off the edge.
8: Yoshi. And I really never got on with Yoshi - the lack of a proper up-B didn't gel with me.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:35

It's always Kirby first, even with a No-Hat Link available. Kirby first. Kirby.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 8 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next