We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:35

I think it's a brand new Smash title, but I don't think it'll be as radically different in terms of how it plays compared to Smash 4. Like you've all said, putting it on as the "and one more thing..." game of this Direct smacks of being a fully fledged new Smash title over a deluxe version. I reckon we'll find out for sure by E3, but it's certainly got everybody speculating by leaving it as vague as they have done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 8:48

I saw someone on twitter suggest it'll be like Splatoon 2 is to Splatoon. A new game, but not throwing out the work done on the last one. The engine and characters and items that work, might as well keep.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018 - 10:00

Drunkalilly wrote:
I saw someone on twitter suggest it'll be like Splatoon 2 is to Splatoon. A new game, but not throwing out the work done on the last one. The engine and characters and items that work, might as well keep.

That's what I was basically saying.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 11:08

I think it'll be a new Smash, if Sakurai is to be trusted
If it wasn't a new game and simply a port of the Wii U version, I can't see myself picking it up. I can understand that Nintendo didn't want to release a new MK since they might be wary of how well the Switch would do. However, the Switch is still a runaway success, so a port of a first party title at this stage wouldn't sit well with me. Although I know they're still doing this for Tropical Freeze.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 11:18

If it is SSB5, this is a clever way of getting more chat about it! Only so much you can do with 'yes there's Inkling and BotW Link, what about it?'

I will purchase either if there's a story mode though, really hope there is. Don't care much about Adventure or Break the Targets (which was bobbins the last time we saw it in Brawl, and I can't see them making fifty character-specific courses), but I want my SSE update darn it! Also Smash Run Redux would be cool, I liked the idea.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Mar 2018 - 21:54

I reckon we'll see Smash Run reappear - it was dead fun on 3DS. I'd like to see an online version of that mode!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 1:04

Smash Run definitely should show up again, it was great fun but with no online play I never got to play multiplayer so would be great to have the option this time. I'd even be happy to have Smash Tour return as it's a decent party game and the whole fighting for characters for the final battle was great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 19:12

Smash Tour irritated me no end. If it's in there, I want it not to be necessary for any of the trophies and such.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 19:21

I would trade Smash Run for a Subspace Emissary-style one-player mode... I genuinely can’t recall Smash Tour off the top of my head. Do you know what I played the most? The ruddy StreetPass game. Winky Face Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 21:06

Right, I'm going to do some serious thoughts about what I want to see... and some fun ones too.  And some ones filled with bile and anger!

Top five characters I want to play as that might actually happen:

Top five characters I want to play as and I'll post about anyway:

Top five characters who can sod off, and might actually theoretically do so:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 16:48

I honestly thought both Smash Run and Smash Tour were awful.  Tour was plain boring and Run wore out its welcome when it wanted you to clear it with every darn character for various trophies.  As a pure side option with some minor trophies it'd be fine, but we all know there'll be a trophy for "clear with most of the cast" and another for "clear with all the cast".  It and Smash Tour are why I could never stomach 100%ing either of the Smash 4's.  Run was a fun diversion at least, but like chocolate when consumed in excess it becomes sickening.

Might throw my wishlist and dreadlist in the ring.  

Who I want to return:

Who I want gone:

Newcomers I would like to see:

I've never really got the hype for Ridley, at this point I swear half the people around the web (not here, just generally) want him in because of how stubborn Sakurai is being.  Same for K.Rool (probably even more for K.Rool, Ridley is at least a cool dragon thing).  

Agree we absolutely need Reggie, especially with the death of Mii's and thus our discount Reggie's!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 17:32

Now, trust me I get not wanting Ganondorf to be a clone of Captain Falcon but the reasons you gave for Wolf not being a clone of Fox easily apply to these two as well & whether you see it as a good thing or not in most fighting games you always have clones that have slight tweaks to them.

I've always seen that as a Yin and yang type of thing.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 19:46

Bring em back:

Wheel em' in :

As for what I want from the new smash. Honestly, just more of the same. More modes, characters, stages and items and you can call me happy. Whether you call it a full sequel or not doesn't really bother me as long as they maintain the strong core at the heart of the last iteration.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 19:53

Surprised to see you culling FE quite so brutally Athers!  Would you say that the release of SSB5 would be what pushed you into Switch-buying territory?  We missed you in the votes thread (well I did, I was the only one to vote for Xeno Aww! ).

If we have to have clones, let them be semi-clones like the ones in Brawl, not outright clones like in Mêlée and 4.  As for Ridley, I just want some representation of the Metroid franchise that isn't Samus herself, and I can't think of anyone else.  K. Rool somewhat similar - I'd be all the way up for Funky Kong, but I suspect they'd try to put Dixie Kong in as character 3 instead.  No need for Blood Falcon (or Zoda) until there's another F-Zero game in my opinion.  

All trophies requiring completing long modes with all characters (bar Classic) can push off. Instead, let's have a trophy for when you've carried BONSLY a certain distance! (I have no idea why BONSLY is a meme now. Eh? )
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 20:00

I'm not really too fussed about more F-Zero characters until the series is relevant again either to be fair, but if they were to go for one Zoda would be my pick. I'm always happiest when Nintendo surprise me. Duck Hunt Duo and the Wii Fit Trainer came out of nowhere, but I've enjoyed their inclusion.

As for Bonsly, whenever one emerged from a pokéball in Brawl Drunka, I, and the rest of the gang would shout "BONSLY!" with much pride being at stake for those who could land a KO blow with the little fella.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 20:10

To be fair, 'out of nowhere' picks are my favourites too. I will be legitimately overjoyed if Mallo or Boxboy actually make it as characters. Or if they resurrect my idea of allowing you to play as a Nintendo machine. Winky Face

Gotcha. My sister and I had Wario's motorbike as our equivalent. I'm happy to petition for BONSLY's return, that we may all be in on this joke.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 21:24

Hm. Interesting.

Uh, a bit random this
Cull:

Controversial Keeps:

Return:

Newbs please:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 22:08

Jimbob wrote:
Also... isn't it weird that there's a Dark Souls amiibo that doesn't do that much.. just saying is all

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 Tenor
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 0:15

I'd like to see these::
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 11:25

Balladeer wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Also... isn't it weird that there's a Dark Souls amiibo that doesn't do that much.. just saying is all

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 Tenor

So......Solaire for Smash bros then?

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 Giphy

Sunny

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 19:48

WHY IS THIS EVEN A CONVERSATION WE HAVE TO HAVE NOW Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Crying or Very sad (NB: Am exaggerating for comic effect.)

Okay... I know this'll pop up sooner or later, so I'm getting it out of my system now.  There now follows a spoilered post of reasonable length in which I discuss my thoughts on third-party characters in Smash Switch in detail.  Maybe Athrun cares, none of the rest of you do and that's fine.

*deep breath*:

Now that that's done and I don't need to think about that again (EDIT: until the TGA 2018), I'll say I'd rather see a slightly bigger Zelda character than Ghirahim or the Champs.  Like Vaati, or...

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 Maxresdefault

Last edited by Baubleadeer on Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 22:09

I agree with the sentiment but Amaterasu being Top Tier and abiding links with Nintendo above other platforms to me makes no sense to me, sure Okami is Zelda-like and where I would prefer to play it on Switch if Okami was the same time as PS4 or Xbox One but Okami started on PS2 and has been on 3 PlayStation systems compared to 2 Nintendo systems,

Then Cloud in Trash Tier, sure I'm not much of a fan of him and like I said elsewhere about Okami and Final Fantasy, sure Okami might feel more Nintendo even though it isn't and Final Fantasy to me feels more PlayStation due to VII being the first we got in Europe (reckon was most peoples in the USA as well) and the mainline series was only on PlayStation up-to XIII but as Drunka pointed out about FF the first six were on Nintendo first and the series is over 30 years old. That's why Cloud being the face of Final Fantasy in SMASH is and should be in over Amaterasu due to legacy.

To me, that's the 3rd party characters we should have in SMASH ones with legacy with Nintendo or gaming like Pac-Man.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018 - 0:50

I should point out that I dont think Solaire will turn up in Smash as a fighter simply because Dark souls wont have been on Switch that long before the game releases and maybe new players to DaS will latch on to another character entirely.

Definitely would be an interesting one though so.......maybe debut as an assist trophy first?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018 - 2:33

Smash should always be primarily a celebration of Nintendo history, so I can see why third party appearances on Nintendo equipment being a mandatory requirement for some.

I suppose it only mildly annoys me if third part characters don't really otherwise appear on Nintendo machines. Cloud doesn't facilitate nintendo history, there are thousands of better candidates in the terms Balla describes. But I don't think his inclusion overshadows that Nintendo celebration which has always been in smash, it's more a treat for fans of Nintendo and square. As long as there aren't loads of characters like cloud, which there won't be, I'm not too fussed.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018 - 7:11

One of Muss's desired returners is exactly correct.

Spoiler:

In the meantime, because I know y'all have been waiting for this...

Add 'em:

Subtract 'em:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 3 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next