We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Go down 
+9
Admin
nupkin
shanks
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
fronkhead
Balladeer
ZeroJones
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Empty
PostSubject: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 20:58

Dream Team is right up my street. The biggest surprise for me from the most recent Nintendo Direct, and so soon, too! How are we feeling about it? This icon sums me up: Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyMon 18 Feb 2013, 21:22

Mr. Green does not do my response justice. Something like this: Love Dance Bounce Sunny

I am... nervous about a few things though. The first is that the game looks a bit rough graphically, especially the side-on Mario bits, but AlphaDream have plenty of time to sort that, and it won't be the end of the world regardless. The second is that BIS, the most recent game in the series, felt a bit... soulless. I can't actually remember a single piece of level design, or a friendly NPC (and there weren't many remarkable unfriendly NPCs either). I loved being Bowser, just not the world they gave me to be him in. But that might have been a one off.

The third is my biggest worry, because it's something that probably won't get fixed. I don't want to play as Mario only. I want lots of amazing Bros. Moves to help me progress through puzzling levels, and dual-brother fighting. That's what separates this series from the Paper Marios, and the dream sequences (which are The Big Thing this game) have Mario alone. I don't want Mario alone. Aww! Oh, and if we are having Bros. Moves (and we'd better be), can we not have the same ones we've have for three damn games?

I'm sounding really negative, and I don't mean to. I really am looking forward to this game, as that string of emoticons suggests. I just have my doubts.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 02:02

I think the visuals are astoundingly well put together. It's the first art style shift since the first game, and it seems to mirror Super Mario RPG's clay-esque CG renders very well.

I also like how Alphadream have stuck to sprites again for this, though I do wonder how it'll look in 3D.

What I'm worried about is how linear the game will be, hoping it's more Superstar Saga than Partners in Time (with Bowser's Inside Story between the two).

I hope you aren't hopping into dreams like how you had a central hub world leading to different self enclosed stages like Partners in Time.

Stop the presses! Just had a watch of this excellent gameplay analysis, and I feel a lot less skeptical about a few things. Looks like where you make Luigi fall asleep essentially changes the nature of a second world. Wonder if it's as widely implemented as A Link To The Past, though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn3-zY78aPs&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 08:33

Nice find, spork! It's a good job I was wide awake this morning - that guy speaks very quickly!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 16:43

Looking forward to this one a lot too, always preferred the Mario & Luigi series compared to Paper Mario really love the art style especially the screen where you interact with Luigi's face.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013, 17:52

This has sort of sneaked up on us! July 12th: any takers? I've not played one of these games since Superstar Saga on GBA, so I'll consider giving this a go.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013, 18:00

Looked a lot more like the Mario and Luigi we expect in this latest video so should be good fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013, 00:35

Seeing the trailer reminded me of Mario RPG for some reason
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013, 00:38

oh how good is the title music for this?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013, 09:37

My most eagerly awaited 3DS game. As Smurf says, it resembles M&L games of yore more now, and that's not a bad thing! Also, the inclusion of all the block people makes me think that this'll have more characters in than BIS, which lacked soul a little. All in all, it's looking good!

Also, did anyone else see the rolling ball of Luigis and think "Katamario Damacy"? Just me?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013, 14:26

Nope! That Katamari of Luigis was amazing.

Can't wait for this either, looking forward to seeing what Alphadream come up with next, and judging from the trailer we've got some nice puzzles and varied gameplay to look forward to.

Just hoping the difference in name over here doesn't mean we're getting a different localisation.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013, 14:35

British localisations of Nintendo games have been pretty good recently. I wouldn't mind Luigi having a lack of valour myself.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013, 14:43

Balladeer wrote:
British localisations of Nintendo games have been pretty good recently. I wouldn't mind Luigi having a lack of valour myself.

That's a good point, perhaps they just corrected the English to British and they haven't had a separate team localise the game from the beginning like with Minish Cap and Advance Wars Days of Ruin. I'm fine with that!
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptySat 20 Apr 2013, 10:31

I've never played the Mario and Luigi series (have played Super Paper Mario though) , but there's a first time for everything. This does look very slick and colourful, and I love the Luigi whirlwinds and Luigi balls. There are now too many games I want this summer!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptySat 20 Apr 2013, 10:58

The pains of owning a 3DS!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptySun 21 Apr 2013, 02:07

Ye would've been called crazy & stoned on the spot if you said anything like that two years ago.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptySun 21 Apr 2013, 08:31

This is another one that I want on day one but you've got to agree with nupkin - there are loads of ace 3DS games on the horizon! Happy, happy days.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 06:52

Lots of pictures and a few new facts. Looking good! Also, the title acquired a rather naff "Bros." on the end somewhere along the way.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 07:25

That is odd.....

I'm glad to see the box art stayed pretty much the same as the Japanese one, with the only differences being the logo & a removal of a snot bubble Laughing

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team 1

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team 2
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 07:38

Oh, snot bubble, when will Western audiences accept you? Although, to be fair, we get a lovely view of Luigi's 'stache. Grin

Still really keen on this and it's not so far away - July 12th! Dance
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptySat 08 Jun 2013, 02:23

Can't wait for this! It's amazing how many quality first party 3DS releases are due throughout these few months. Hopefully Mario Golf will be great as well. Sure would be a chance for Camelot to redeem themselves after how disappointing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Mario Tennis Open were.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptySat 08 Jun 2013, 11:37

Hmm. Wasn't sure about the boxart at first, but it puts a nice emphasis on Luigi, and it's unmistakably inkeeping with the minimalistic BIS PAL boxart:

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team _-Mario-Luigi-Bowsers-Inside-Story-DS-_
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 17:59

New trailer.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 20:42

Loving the art style and the character animations more with every new montage of clips. Wouldn't expect anything less from Alphadream. Love
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 07:43

Good to see that the superfluous 'Bros' has been dropped from the game's title, at least! It's looking to be quite fun, especially with all those wacky new moves. Bowser's Inside Story used too many old moves to be innovative, for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next