We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Go down 
+9
Admin
nupkin
shanks
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
fronkhead
Balladeer
ZeroJones
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 7:59

I just want to roll me up a lot of Luigi's and throw them at someone
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 2:27

Nintendo Japan have added a new section to the webpage for the game, detailing Yoko Shimomura's soundtrack, complete with samples.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aymj/music/index.html

That theme tune is as infectious as ever.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 11:56

She's brilliant.  I direct anyone who isn't Jay (and who's finished BIS) to Music Week 46 for what might be her crowning glory.

Not clicking that link though. I want it to come to my ears fresh when I play the game!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 12:31

Another gameplay trailer, and a bizarre Japanese advert (is there any other kind of Japanese advert?) featuring lots of the same woman dressed as Luigi.

Spin Jump and "Bash-Mario-on-the-head" are back. Meh 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 15:02

I don't know if it's because I've seen a lot like that but the Luigi advert wasn't so bizarre
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 10:38

Apparently, if you pre-order this at GAME, you get a free Mario & Luigi (or is it Mario or Luigi?) keyring. Rushing off to the shops after typing this... [/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 10:51

I might be interested in that. It's no Boo Ball (love that thing), but it's better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 11:07

When I get home I'll have to link what I get

Edit:

And this be it..
Yep..:
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 19:42

That latest gameplay trailer has me so excited. What other RPG could you construct a 3 minute long gameplay trailer for? These days it's all CG cutscenes.

Apparently EDGE have scored this a 7, which is on par with Partners in Time. For the record, Bowser's Inside Story received a 9 and Superstar Saga an 8.

This is undoubtedly going to be a great game, though I guess it might not beat Bowser's Inside Story's ingenious mix of gameplay elements and dualscreen worlds. Guess we'll have to see, can't wait anyway!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 20:23

Matthew Castle has reviewed this in the new ONM. In summary:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 21:32

sporkhead wrote:
For the record, Bowser's Inside Story received a 9 and Superstar Saga an 8.

This is undoubtedly going to be a great game, though I guess it might not beat Bowser's Inside Story's ingenious mix of gameplay elements and dualscreen worlds.

BIS' worlds were nothing to screech about.  I recall hardly anything about the levels.  For this reason, and for giving SS less than BIS, I can deduce that Edge are numpties and that Matthew Castle is the man to trust.

Even if they aren't, I still really enjoyed PiT.  This is going to be great. Dance

EDIT: Shanks that is pretty nice, but a bit too black for Mario merchandise, I feel.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2013 - 9:38

That ONM review made me fear that that silly 'Bros' would remain in the game's title in Europe. Anyway, despite my [/sarcasm], the pre-order is in. Seriously looking forward to it - hope it beats Bowser's Inside Story!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2013 - 10:01

I can't believe this is out so soon Shocked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2013 - 10:36

I got mine preordered with shopto (the cheapest). I bought the ONM and read the review & saw it was from Mr Castle (knowing your big fans of his) made me for excited for this as this is my 1st mario & luigi rpg.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2013 - 11:00

It's only a week away Razz

And it's released here on a fricken Saturday again where I'll be at work
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Jul 2013 - 13:54

Balladeer wrote:
sporkhead wrote:
For the record, Bowser's Inside Story received a 9 and Superstar Saga an 8.

This is undoubtedly going to be a great game, though I guess it might not beat Bowser's Inside Story's ingenious mix of gameplay elements and dualscreen worlds.

BIS' worlds were nothing to screech about.  I recall hardly anything about the levels.  For this reason, and for giving SS less than BIS, I can deduce that Edge are numpties and that Matthew Castle is the man to trust.

Even if they aren't, I still really enjoyed PiT.  This is going to be great. Dance

EDIT: Shanks that is pretty nice, but a bit too black for Mario merchandise, I feel.

Bowser's Inside Story's worlds felt more like interconnected levels than anything else, I too don't remember much about the layouts compared with Superstar Saga, which had a more traditional RPG-like overworld.

Doesn't make them bad, by any means however.

It's the way BIS managed to ingeniously blend the dual screen worlds together that made it special. Compared with Partners in Time, where its evolutionary step was the use of the X and Y buttons, Bowser's Inside Story was bursting with neat ideas and absolutely deserves all the praise it got.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 11:46

From what I recall of BIS, the biggest focus of the level design seemed to be on the within-Bowser bits. I'd love to play it again some day, but will probably never find the time.

Looking forward to DTB, but I'll be picking my copy up at the beginning of the new month.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 9:46

Balladeer wrote:
I might be interested in that.  It's no Boo Ball (love that thing), but it's better than nothing.

After this, I duly went down to GAME. No sign of the title, and the one staff member was busy. Meaning that ShopTo get more of my money, again.

sporkhead wrote:
Bowser's Inside Story's worlds felt more like interconnected levels than anything else, I too don't remember much about the layouts compared with Superstar Saga, which had a more traditional RPG-like overworld.

It's the way BIS managed to ingeniously blend the dual screen worlds together that made it special. Compared with Partners in Time, where its evolutionary step was the use of the X and Y buttons, Bowser's Inside Story was bursting with neat ideas and absolutely deserves all the praise it got.

Don't get me wrong, BIS did a lot of things right, especially the use of the DS' features over PiT; but I just felt the world was a bit dull in general, as were the characters. And that's a big, off-putting thing for me. If a world, its look, its people, its music, are well designed, they draw me in and I enjoy the game much more.

If I'm honest, I probably enjoyed PiT more than BIS. The enemies, dungeon design and characters seemed better, and the Thwomp Volcano music was great. (Link to come when I can use Youtube.) BIS is objectively better, and certainly did more new things; but I just wasn't drawn to it as much. And the repetition of the "in-Bowser" minigames annoyed me no end.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 13:10

It's here, but i'm now working 6 days in a row but then on holiday for 8. So won't be playing much in till then but hopefully be done before pikmin 3.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 15:41

I received this early today, to my surprise. The Mario and Luigi hat keyrings are quite ace, too, with a "Year of Luigi" emblem on the packaging.

So it's another slow start, then, though I've enjoyed what I've played so far. Dialogue has been up to scratch, with the usual humour posing as rewards for talking to NPC bystanders (I particularly liked some of the dialogue in the staff room at Pi'ilow Castle).

The sprites are gorgeous, too, Alphadream really have made them look 3D, even though they aren't. Shame the lower screen artwork looks blurry and upscaled, though, but otherwise it's a pretty game. Bit disappointed with the new font, though, I find it a lot less friendly than the font used in the DS games.

And there's a framerate concession -- it's now 30 frames per second instead of 60, so dodging attacks in battles may be the slightest bit more difficult.

None of this has impacted my enjoyment of the game by any means, though, I'm enjoying it.

Balladeer wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I might be interested in that.  It's no Boo Ball (love that thing), but it's better than nothing.

After this, I duly went down to GAME.  No sign of the title, and the one staff member was busy.  Meaning that ShopTo get more of my money, again.

sporkhead wrote:

Don't get me wrong, BIS did a lot of things right, especially the use of the DS' features over PiT; but I just felt the world was a bit dull in general, as were the characters.  And that's a big, off-putting thing for me.  If a world, its look, its people, its music, are well designed, they draw me in and I enjoy the game much more.  

If I'm honest, I probably enjoyed PiT more than BIS.  The enemies, dungeon design and characters seemed better, and the Thwomp Volcano music was great.  (Link to come when I can use Youtube.)  BIS is objectively better, and certainly did more new things; but I just wasn't drawn to it as much.  And the repetition of the "in-Bowser" minigames annoyed me no end.

Fair enough, I agree entirely with that. In my case I personally prefer what made BIS objectively better, if that makes sense!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 18:33

My copy arrived this morning too but I've not had the chance to play it yet, I did leave an M&L related drawing over in the Art gallery thread though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 20:00

The intro "movie" is amazing on its own!  God damn I love this series.  Now to play the game! Dance

EDIT: It's like a "greatest hits" of the Mario & Luigi series! Haven't see anyone from PiT yet, which is rather telling...
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 1:07

I'm five hours in now. The soundtrack is (as expected) phenomenal, with some really strong battle/boss battle themes and infectious music throughout, it's been stuck in my head the whole day.

What has made me happy is how Pi'illo Island is one big, interconnected world. It doesn't quite have the same big overworld like Superstar Saga to link all the main 'bits' together but it certainly feels like more of a connected whole than Bowser's Inside Story did.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 2:54

Candidate for best 3D effect on the 3DS ever? I think so....
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 9:50

I have started, I've played about 1hr. I like the art style reminds me a bit of mario rpg on the snes. Nah best 3D effect is the plants on the garden in streetpass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next