We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Go down 
+9
Admin
nupkin
shanks
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
fronkhead
Balladeer
ZeroJones
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 8:09

I just received my new copy, along with a 3DS XL. Expect more words from me about it later.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 9:23

Still in Mushrise Park, running around like a headless Goomba. It looks gorgeous and sounds great, so I'll keep with it, but I am hoping for the game to give me something meatier soon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 12:42

Balladeer wrote:
I just received my new copy, along with a 3DS XL.  Expect more words from me about it later.
What edition/colour 3DS XL did you receive, Balla? Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 14:48

Red & black. Nothing fancy.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 23:58

The_Jaster wrote:
Easy with the (sort of) spoilers Razz
Apologies, I did make my best effort not to give any exact details.

The_Jaster wrote:
Easy with the (sort of) spoilers Razz

I finally got back to playig this over the weekend, I'm pretty much taking my time too as I just beat the drill headed creature in dozing sands & its seems to have let up a little on the hand holding.
Wait until you get to Mount Pajamaja, where the hand-holding returns, worse than ever. Almost patronising at times, it was.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 22:19

Progress! I've passed the end of the Dream World section of Dozing Sands and played... that bit.

a good bit of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.:

Kudos to Alphadream for keeping that particular mechanic going, which I loved. Now I'm in Wakeport, which is very up-and-down, quality wise. Some of the puzzles are ace, and there was a trading sequence! I nearly wept. The Dream World section, though, was just irritating. Aww!

fronky says the next bit is insulting... it's held my hand somewhat for the most part so far. Can it get worse?!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 23:12

It is very odd how much they hold your hand in the next bit though I think it's more for narrative than because they think you're an idiot. As for the bit you said you loved I must say I'm pretty surprised, I hate those bits! They're too different from the main game and sparse enough that you find yourself forgetting how to play them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 17:08

*blows dust off post*

Having beaten Pokémon X and ALBW, DTB is back in my 3DS. I reached the summit of Mt. Pajamaja (which I pronounce 'padger madger' to rhyme with 'badger', fact fans) and, after some in-game weirdness, have saved in the Dream World.

What was the verdict on this, in the end? I've really enjoyed it up to press (much more memorable than Bowser's Inside Story, for me).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 17:30

I thought it was great barring the giant battles. I would probably say I prefer BiS though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 20:45

It was just a bit slow for me, especially the Dream World bits. For me, the Mario & Luigi series goes to shit when it tries to do 2D platforming dungeons. Sticking to its roots, an old-school RPG with brilliant turn-based combat and a proper overworld, is something I'd like to see them do next time around.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 21:57

The game mechanics are great, it's just it's all spread too thinly, and each individual portion of the game world ends up feeling like work, outstaying their welcome. Previous games in the series would whisk you off faster to ensure it never felt like a drag. Superstar Saga's game world has far more locations and more variety to it than Dream Team Bros.'

Having said that I really like Dream Team Bros., but unlike the other games in the series I wouldn't play it again.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Feb 2014 - 7:50

Did I say I enjoyed the giant battles? Scratch that. Scratch that like an eczema sufferer in a dust factory.

The one at the end of Dreamy Driftwood Shore was bad enough but now I'm up against the one at the end of Dreamy Somnom Woods. Argh, squared.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Feb 2014 - 16:27

Good to see you're on the hate train!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team   Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5