We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Go down 
+7
Balladeer
Athrun888
Axis1500
Rum
masofdas
Silver light
fronkhead
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Shin Megami Tensei IV Empty
PostSubject: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 14:17

I couldn't be happier to discover we're getting this game later this year. Kudos to NIS America and their Euro publishing deal with Atlus. This must be the first time an Atlus title has been announced for our region before the US release, and it's an amazing turnaround for a (niche over here) text heavy game from a Japanese publisher.

Needless to say I'm really looking forward to this, as I really enjoyed Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (the game that was originally going to be SMTIV).
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 14:20

Very happy that it seems we might get an Atlus game on actual time for once. Shame i doubt we're gonna get that LE pack NA's getting though, but eh.

Has NISA publishing actually be confirmed? Because i'm pretty sure it hasn't, like with EOIV's reveal...wonder what the heck's up with Atlus hiding who's EU publishing now.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 14:44

Silver light wrote:
Very happy that it seems we might get an Atlus game on actual time for once. Shame i doubt we're gonna get that LE pack NA's getting though, but eh.

Has NISA publishing actually be confirmed? Because i'm pretty sure it hasn't, like with EOIV's reveal...wonder what the heck's up with Atlus hiding who's EU publishing now.

It hasn't been confirmed but it's highly likely NISA are publishing given their agreement with Atlus (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/08/nis-america-tell-us-about-their-european-publishing-arrangement-with-atlus/) - and I doubt NISA, choosing titles on a case by case basis, would pass up on SMT IV since that's one of the least risky titles to release here (it seems they must have passed on Soul Hackers though)
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 14:48

Yeah, i agree NISA is likely, but i wouldn't rule out Nintendo either. They've got an interest doing it since they've also got Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem in the pipeline, after all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 13:12

Just watched GT's review whom give it a 8 but not sure if it's for me well not at launch.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 2:33

I watched GameTrailers' review as well, and it has my interest piqued. What do you reckon the likelihood is that we'll get a demo of it? I really want to like it but I'm wary that I won't necessarily. Such was the case with the Project X Zone demo, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyThu 22 May 2014 - 15:31

*Blows dust off thread*

So........ Nintendo France is hard at work localising the game...

Quote :

French Nintendo honcho Stéphane Bole gave an interview for the web version of a major French publication (LeFigaro.fr), in which he talks about sales in France and various stuff.

What caught my attention is that right after he mentions how Bravely Default sold 60 000 units in France (a respectable number), he mentions that they are "hard at work on the French translation of Shin Megami Tensei, another Japanese RPG".

So there you have it, IIRC this is the first time we've heard any thing about SMT IV's EU release. Nintendo seems to be handling all duties on SMT IV in Europe, which kind of explain the delay but likely ensures this will be a quality release for everyone (and not only English-speaking people).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823468
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 16:13

Interesting, wonder if with Nintendo of Europe's backing it'll become a bigger release like Bravely Default did (though I have a sneaking suspicion that Bravely Default didn't perform anywhere near as well as it did in North America).

To be fair, given the lukewarm reception this game received, and its nature of trying to please both MegaTen fans and general RPG or even Persona players at the same time not quite working too well, I've lost interest in it already...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:44

Been confirmed for EU as a eShop download.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 11:48

Hooray! Hopefully that improves the chances of a demo of it becoming available too.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014 - 20:35

I bet good money the game doesn't come on to the australian e-shop, just cause we get screwed over all the time like that.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 18:59

Glad to see no one raging over the fact that it's digital-only, given how Atlus are publishing, we should take what we can get rather than complain about something that can't actually change.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 21:21

I used all my rage up on atlus holding it up by insisting they're going to bring it over and thus stopping nisa so I don't have any left.   Laughing  That said I wouldn't have said no to a collectors edition similar to what the usa got.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 12:54

September release date. Now, I've never played an SMT game - are they heavily non-linear in their execution? Multiple endings and everything? Because if so, **** that jazz.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 18:30

A fair few of the MegaTen games rely on you having to take sides from a moral standpoint, which leads on different routes and so on, though from what I've played of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (which was originally going to be called SMT4) it didn't impact the experience for me unlike, say, Atelier games where I get really annoyed if I miss endings due to trivial reasons.

On a related note, it's a shame to see people still complaining even though Atlus have decided to only charge £18 for this.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 21:09

£18 seems a bargain, I've never played one but now I'm tempted. No wait it's coming out September, I'll wait.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 21:58

Thanks for that, Fronk - it sounds like it's somewhere in the middle for me. I suppose I might ask again when people have had a chance to play the game.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 0:16

Yeah, affordability! Defo downloading it.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 14:39

Day one for me!

I always find the reaction to digital games on eShop odd.. Not here, elsewhere. It reached its ultimate stupidity on NeoGAF when people seriously didn't want to use their free game with MK8 code because of Nintendo's policies.

Sure, their policies could and should be improved, but at the end of day, everything is temporary. Those servers that devs use to host patches to make their games playable? Probably won't exist in 10 years time, and then you're left with a broken game.... Valve might go bankrupt and then all your PC purchases are useless.... Those cartridges will eventually fail. etc, etc....

The idea of depriving myself of a great experience now because of something that will happen to everything, eventually, is just stupid to me.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 22:22

Agreed, Axis. These people just aren't thinking rationally. I can understand why you'd want a physical copy, but the value people place in them is absurd at times. A good £17 off the original price is well worth the trade-off of moving to digital if you're one of those people that prefers physical anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 22:23

Yeah I would prefer a physical any day but if digital is done right, like this is. I will be tempted.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 10:41

Out this week for £17.99 to me that's very tempting but just to many games at the moment but anyone taking the plunge.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 17:48

Thanks for the heads-up, I'd forgotten it was out this week yet again. I'm tempted to pick it up as well, though it seems to be a fairly polarising series entry so I'd best check out some reviews and impressions beforehand.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptyFri 31 Oct 2014 - 13:18

fronkhead wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up, I'd forgotten it was out this week yet again. I'm tempted to pick it up as well, though it seems to be a fairly polarising series entry so I'd best check out some reviews and impressions beforehand.

I have had this for a couple of months now and am too busy to play it, but my daughter is playing the heck out of it and just loves it. Then again, she is a fan of all things in the series.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV EmptySat 1 Nov 2014 - 10:19

Cheers oldschool. I'll probably get this when I've got time for a long RPG, I declined buying Radiant Historia last month for the same reasons Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV Empty

Back to top Go down

Shin Megami Tensei IV
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next