We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Go down 
+7
Balladeer
Athrun888
Axis1500
Rum
masofdas
Silver light
fronkhead
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Nov 2014 - 2:23

fronkhead wrote:
Cheers oldschool. I'll probably get this when I've got time for a long RPG, I declined buying Radiant Historia last month for the same reasons Sad

I personally played Radiant Historia and really liked it, but like many good games, i got busy and went on to something else.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Nov 2014 - 11:19

Sounds just like me! I don't mind that when it comes to other genres (like puzzle games), but for some reason , but for some reason I don't like not seeing RPGs through. Maybe it's because of the overarching story.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Nov 2014 - 21:29

Downloaded this the other day, started it properly tonight, and first impressions are good! Thus far it isn't much like other JRPGs I've played (it's my first SMT game). Juggling it with Smash Bros, Kid Icarus and Tomodachi will prove to be a challenge though.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 22:01

Very damn lucky to get this game in the Euro download extremely lucky! feels like xmas Father Christmas
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 22:20

Actually bought this with a £10 eShop voucher I won, but still not got around to playing but it's not going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 21:46

You missing out Boo-hoo
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 0:30

I forgot to post about this. I played through it earlier this year, and really enjoyed it. The pacing is a bit iffy in the first six hours, but it's eventually worth it -- they set the scene for the rest of the plot.

It's definitely a landmark 3DS RPG, really well made and well designed. Though some of the boss battles were a bit cheaty, in ways that the AI behaves knowing what you have picked in advance. It prevents you from using every possible strategy in the book (like setting up a reflection wall), but on the other hand it forces you to pick new strategies depending on bosses.

I couldn't recommend this highly enough, the only knock I'd have against it is it's a bit oppressive at times. I'm really happy I managed to get on the "neutral" path without using a guide.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 3:17

Plus, assuming Europe is the same, it is really cheap on the eShop again.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 7:23

I really want to like this game but the start is just SO harsh. Maybe I'll try again some time, though JRPGs that I want to try are never a rarity in my house.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015 - 12:45

The start is pretty brutal and, as fronk says, paced pretty badly - but it does hit its stride. Although it's one of those games I'll get hooked on for about a week at a time and then lose interest in for a little while.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Jun 2016 - 7:44

This was the game I wanted in Nintendo's big eShop sale, and I've played through to the first save opportunity. Having known nothing about the game, I'm intrigued by the set up. It remains to be seen how much I'll play it in the coming weeks, though, with Robobobobobot landing today. Sad
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jun 2016 - 13:47

nintendo taking the piss because it's coming on cart soon now but we had it on download in Euro!
USA had the limited edition cruel pieces of poop DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV   Shin Megami Tensei IV - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shin Megami Tensei IV
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2