We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)

Go down 
+6
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
fronkhead
masofdas
Admin
Axis1500
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) Empty
PostSubject: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 18:47

So... This game wasn't really on my radar since it lacked multiplayer and was farmed out to Human Head studios.... but by some bizarre twist, it seems that the Wii U version is the definitive one - even beating the PC version in some cases.

According to NeoGAF (who are usually extremely hard on Nintendo so any praise from there is notable), the Wii U version has:

Quote :

Best framerate on consoles. They all have some frame drops but Wii U seems to have the least. Overall it seems to be Wii U > 360 >>>>>>>>>>>PS3 in this regard.

No screentearing on Wii U.

Better lighting on Wii U compared to PS3/360.

All versions have glitches, including game breaking bugs but Wii U has less glitches than 360, PS3, or even PC with apparently no game breakers present. Including being able to actually do the Burnley tower correctly.

Plus Off TV Play.
Plus Map on the GamePad.
Plus Achievements Posting on Miiverse.
Minus Multiplayer.
$10 less.
It does lack multiplayer, but according to reviewers, the multiplayer sucks and consists of just 4 maps. And the Wii U version is cheaper to compensate.

Wii U getting definitive versions of mature games... console being praised by the media... What is going on? Am I in the twilight zone?

Last edited by Axis1500 on Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 18:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 18:51

This isn't a game that's on my personal radar, but it's good to see that Wii U owners aren't the ones getting shafted for a change.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 19:38

Pleased about this especially seeing I've got to wait to the 8th to get it.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptySun 27 Oct 2013 - 20:47

That's great news, especially given how this port was handled by an external team, Humanhead Studios (which I thought was puzzling given the lead developers were the ones behind Arkham City Wii U).

I wonder whether this is down to developer ingenuity, better dev kits, or both.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:02

This has been getting very mixed reviews; Destructoid gave it a 3.5. Meh 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:07

That's pretty cool to hear, especially as I was going to pick it up on Wii u anyway. Shame it probably won't translate to sales...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:11

I have this on ps3 & while its good ye can't help but feel its treading over the same ground as AC & the map (hopefully this changes later in the game) is just like AC too albeit with slightly cosmetic & texture changes. :/

I also had a bad case of framerate skippage when heading to the courthouse, it was so low it was nigh on impossible to play & for all the noise made about similar things with AC port on wii U I never experienced nothing like I did on Origins tonight.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyMon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:21

The_Jaster wrote:
I have this on ps3 & while its good ye can't help but feel its treading over the same ground as AC & the map (hopefully this changes later in the game) is just like AC too albeit with slightly cosmetic & texture changes. :/
Judging from what I've heard, prepare to be disappointed...
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 0:37

Yeah I also have this on PS3 and have the same problems as Jaster..

And I'm not really getting into this, I'm really tempted to trade it in and go get Assassin Pirates and maybe give it a go later on when it's cheaper
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 3:26

Don't get me wrong I've still had fun playing it, the fight with deathstroke being a highlight & yep I've now heard that only the south part of the map is new. (& to think folk were worried about it being too big for batman game)

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 3:35

It screams cash-grab to me. Recycled map, little changed in the combat system... disappointing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 3:42

Tbh it looks like a game I will trade once Im done with the story.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyTue 29 Oct 2013 - 3:59

I've already done that as like I said I didn't really get into it, even Deathstroke and Bane did nothing for me, so now I'm going to kill and be a pirate
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 19:36

So, not that many people bought it, but it seems there are bizarre problems with the packaging of this game.

d-e-f- wrote:

White Wii case instead of blue Wii U case
Wii (!) Health & Safety booklet included
No Club Nintendo code in the box.
New copy, shrinkwrapped, came with the pre-order DLC, sticker on the shrinkwrap)

Anyone else experienced this, or was he just unlucky? He ordered it from The Hut.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 23:21

Axis1500 wrote:
So, not that many people bought it, but it seems there are bizarre problems with the packaging of this game.

d-e-f- wrote:

White Wii case instead of blue Wii U case
Wii (!) Health & Safety booklet included
No Club Nintendo code in the box.
New copy, shrinkwrapped, came with the pre-order DLC, sticker on the shrinkwrap)

Anyone else experienced this, or was he just unlucky? He ordered it from The Hut.

I've seen white boxed copies in HMV, although I just assumed it was a display case.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 0:16

Mine came in a white box but I didn't notice until mas pointed it out. Apparently, they all were.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 2:09

My brother just got Blackgate on 3DS which didn't include a code for stars either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)   Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham Origins (Wii U version is definitive?!)
Page 1 of 1