We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"

Go down 
+17
Athrun888
beemoh
Rum
Treesmurf
Axis1500
masofdas
oldschool
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
shanks
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 21:38

Getting back into this again now that my New Leaf addiction has waned. Like I said before, I'm generally not a fan of the genre (never got along with Advance Wars) but this is a really great title. I play it on the easiest setting because if my characters died permanently then I'd just get too frustrated to finish the game - not least because some characters inadvertently seem to die all the time under my care (but I blame that on, say, Maribelle being TOTAL BUM).

I've spent quite a lot of time recently obtaining and buying Master Seals so that now 23/26 of the current playable characters have all been upgraded (bar the two that can't use them, with the last now almost able to use one). I've reached chapter 15 now which I think is over halfway through the main story - and I've spent over 17 hours on it so far.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 22:53

Rum Rapture wrote:
(but I blame that on, say, Maribelle being TOTAL BUM)
THIS. Her and her little boyfriend are utterly useless.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:10

Morgan is moƩ.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:26

Who do you have down as Maribelle's boyfriend? I didn't use her as Lissa always covers my healing needs.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:40

andyman949 wrote:
Who do you have down as Maribelle's boyfriend? I didn't use her as Lissa always covers my healing needs.
The little boy who rescues her. He tends not to survive his first turn.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:48

beemoh wrote:
andyman949 wrote:
Ricken? He's actually alright once you level him up a bit. He's got some mad cray tomes. A few characters are like that though. Donnel was utterly pathetic until I levelled him up to use a Master Seal on him and now he's really good - but improving his weapon proficiency is taking forever and I'm not sure why.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 23:54

Rum Rapture wrote:
beemoh wrote:
andyman949 wrote:
Ricken? He's actually alright once you level him up a bit. He's got some mad cray tomes. A few characters are like that though. Donnel was utterly pathetic until I levelled him up to use a Master Seal on him and now he's really good - but improving his weapon proficiency is taking forever and I'm not sure why.
I can't get Ricken to survive more than three turns the first time you encounter him- I can hide him out of range for the first turn, but can't kill anything that can reach him in the second.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 1:34

It's exactly that kind of thing that makes me not want to play with the "characters die forever" mode on. Having said that, there was one optional character earlier in the game who I killed in a battle because I hadn't realised that if you don't kill them, then he/she/it (spoiler avoidance grade: A) can join you. And it looks like they are dead forever. DOUBLE STANDARDS
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 8:18

They never became your friend to have your magical revivey magic for pansy's Winky Face

I am a Ricken fan, he was probably my favourite mage on my first go. I did replace him with Miriel on my second though.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 15:46

Miriel is a total powerhouse. That is why she is my wife.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 15:53

Miriel and Donnel were one of my most powerful duo, especially after I'd maxed out his villager class and was half way through merc.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 16:33

I married Donnel to Panne. They're lethal too, and an utterly bizarre pairing. Their support conversations are pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 1:14

What would appear here is a short rant about the game's use of random chance and how it's borderline game breaking. However, as I accidentally closed the tab, it's gone, and you get this instead.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:19

By that do you mean critical hits? Because I never found that a problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:41

It's a problem when it means an enemy randomly OHKOs one of your units with an unexpected critical. Or at least it would do if they died permanently, I imagine, right?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:46

Yeah but that's what the percentages are for, if they still manage a critical at around 10% then that'd have to be a reset moment because that's just mean, but I suppose they go both ways...
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 0:41

treesmurf11 wrote:
By that do you mean critical hits? Because I never found that a problem.
Misses more than crits- when it only takes two or three moves to take a unit down, a miss is game-changing.

Getting properly dice humped and missing six of the seven attacks you make in a turn is tantrum-inducing.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 1:46

Well same rules apply, got to go with the percentages.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 16:08

Considering Awakening was the 3rd game I got purely because I had to get *something* in the So Many Games! promotion, it's funny that I've ended up spending almost 40 hours on it in total, far more than DKCR or Luigi's Mansion. (But not as many as New Leaf.) Just beat it - pretty great game, eh? Makes me think I might even try The Sacred Stones one day, seeing as I have it on my 3DS as a result of that ambassador promotion. Although I can't imagine my patience will last long when my units don't miraculously stop being dead.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 1:32

Rum Rapture wrote:
It's a problem when it means an enemy randomly OHKOs one of your units with an unexpected critical. Or at least it would do if they died permanently, I imagine, right?
Never before have so many swears been crammed into one train carriage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8