We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"

Go down 
+17
Athrun888
beemoh
Rum
Treesmurf
Axis1500
masofdas
oldschool
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
shanks
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Feb 2013 - 12:46

Seems while i was ranting yesterday i missed that we got EU boxart as well.

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 B9J7r3G

Personally think it looks very nice, although i'm not sure i like it more than the Jap boxart. Either way, they both look good Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Feb 2013 - 16:40

Its pretty much the same artwork with some elements repositioned, the english logo is a lot better too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 0:27

I was just entering the topic to say that I think the PAL boxart is rubbish. Doesn't have the same impact as, say, Advance Wars: Dark Conflict's boxart (which itself wasn't exactly brilliant).
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 14:39

Stu_the_great wrote:
I was just entering the topic to say that I think the PAL boxart is rubbish. Doesn't have the same impact as, say, Advance Wars: Dark Conflict's boxart (which itself wasn't exactly brilliant).

I-i....i....what? Seriously, i don't even...

Still tossing up whether to get the 3DS XL or not. It looks like crud, but it IS still a FE one and i do need a 3DS XL...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 14:46

I still can't decide whether I prefer the XL over the original 3DS, to be honest. Not having to squint at the screen is a major plus, but I seem to have more problems with the 3D sweet-spot on the larger screen.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 17:16

I've pretty much watched a whole playthrough of this on YouTube and honestly, it looks like a must-buy. It's certainly the best Fire Emblem in a long time, the story's pretty decent for Fire Emblem standards and the hardest difficulty seems like a real hardcore challenge for die-hard FE fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 22:09

There seems to be a 3DS Fire Emblem Letter Box Stationery doing the rounds.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Mar 2013 - 11:01

Axis1500 wrote:
There seems to be a 3DS Fire Emblem Letter Box Stationery doing the rounds.

Who uses letter box anymore? It will be even more redundant once Flipnote 3d arrives as well. Razz
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Mar 2013 - 14:04

Not for those people who can't draw
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 16:40

Demo's now up and out on the eshop! Seems to be limited to 10 uses, soft resetting will use up demo uses. Also it only has casual mode, urghhh.

Just played through it myself, and....why can't we have this game yet why why why why why ;-; it's too goood.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 23:07

Exactly what I expected when I played the demo, will put in a pre order for this soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 23:13

Looking forwards to this but I don't see this happening in the immediate future, I'm playing through Path of Radiance at the moment though anyway so I'm still getting my fix.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 23:30

I was only going to get this as a time filler but after having a go of the demo this morning I WANT IT NOW!!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 15:25

went to go get lego city and luigi today, took my 3ds to local game shop and saw ibbsters playing his wiiu instore had a yab. he was like have you played the crappy fire emblem demo yet, i was like nope ill try it now. so tryed it there and then its excellent, im really tempted to get the 3ds xl console but im wondering how i transfer downloaded games and saves over to a differnt console.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 16:58

Though I know it'll make me want to cry and hurl my 3DS under a passing car, I'll be downloading the demo tonight. Nintendo dedication at its worst.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 16:59

Played the demo the other day, the gameplay & strategy is great but the story (if ye can call it that) really is terrible.

Amnesia? Really? I found the tutorial a bit patronising too.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:03

The story is a little hokey, but it's pretty decent for Fire Emblem standards. Don't let the demo dissuade you.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:25

Oh I enjoyed the core gameplay so I will be getting it, I'll just be mashing the A button to skip the text.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:46

You can normally skip sections with B and the whole thing with start too, so if you really hate the story it's easy to hide from it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 18:01

I'd recommend giving it a chance though Jas, the prologue of this is hokey, sure, but it opens up to become a much richer story as you advance. Although if you really can't get into it, follow Andy's advice.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 0:16

Amnesia is a staple of Eastern RPG type games stories, otherwise it might as well just be Call of Duty.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 1:22

I'll try & stick with it but *shakes imaginary magic 8 ball* the outlook isn't good.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:18

Well, that's the demo over with.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 20:43

Thoughts, Mr. the_Great?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 20:58

I like the art styles. All three of them. Particularly how the 2D sprites are set at odds with the 3D battlefields. I also like the cutscene artwork, which is very smooth, and reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles.

And that's about it. Though I appreciate that people go mental for this game, I sense that (like Advance Wars) it will completely overwhelm me once things start to heat up.

Also: it really irritates me when voiced games get bored outside of cutscenes and you get the odd line thrown in there, amidst a sea of grunts and 'Oh yeah's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next