We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)

Go down 
+9
fronkhead
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
oldschool
Slazo
masofdas
Athrun888
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 10:14

That's cool from Atlus there doing that.

They've got to drop PS3 at some point, and maybe Final Fantasy XV and likes of a proper Dragon Quest would get Japan to adopt the PS4 like the rest of the world.

I do remember that there has been PS4 spikes when the likes of Heroes came out, even being on PS3. That a proper exclusive Japan want might make the difference which is likely FFXV.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 15:14

Could actually be more than just Horii waffle: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/the_square_enix_teases_for_dragon_quest_3ds_localisations_ramp_up
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 12:03

Well Yuu Miyake executive producer of the DQ series says if you want more DQ in the west we have to all buy Heroes on PS4 to see if they could use that as leverage to get those others out over here.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 12:06

Well he can kindly get f***ed then!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 12:11

Yeah and heroes isn't the same as a proper DQ , it's Dynasty Warriors x Dragon Quest which might only appeal to bunch of people but then again HW sold well and that's on the Wii U.

I am tempted to pick up Heroes but it comes out at a rather busy time for games.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 12:38

I'll probably get Heroes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2015 - 22:40

A new DQ game was announced today called Builders which is a minecraft clone but in the DQ universe coming this winter to Japan on PS4 (so just that in the west then in a years time) PS4 and VITA.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2015 - 22:59

Dunno what thread you're looking for, Mas, but it isn't this one. If that game has any relevance to DQVIII (or indeed 3DS DQ games at all), it's non-obvious. Gaming News/make a general DQ thread, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jul 2015 - 23:07

This sort of drift to the general DQ thread with the likes of Heroes being brought up, I know that might be reverent due to fact we have to buy that for Square to maybe bring the 3DS games to the west, and builder might fall into that as well as I think were more likely to see that then then the 3DS games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 8:51

No, this shouldn't be a general DQ thread.  It has the name it has, and is where it is, for a reason.  And while if that muppet is talking about buying other DQ games to get this one released, that could feasibly fit in here, that's talking about a relevant news item, not directly about the tangentially relevant games.

Feel free to start up a general DQ thread in GG if it doesn't exist, though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 6:56

Ah, looks like Cinderella will go to the ball. By which I mean, Western releases confirmed for this and its younger, more seven-y sibling. I love me a bit of Dragon Quest - more than Final Fantasy, which I tend to say at moments like this, so I apologise for repeating myself - so I am a delighted person at the moment. Dance
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 7:59

This is good news! More anime Edgeworth up in my 3D screen. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:00

It is great news.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:06

Even I'm a bit excited about this - and I hate JRPGs. I think Dragon Quest always looks a bit more "fun" - llight-hearted if you will - than Final Fantasy in general. I might actually pick one of these up.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:14

Jimbob wrote:
Even I'm a bit excited about this - and I hate JRPGs. I think Dragon Quest always looks a bit more "fun" - llight-hearted if you will - than Final Fantasy in general. I might actually pick one of these up.

The world of Dragon Quest has always interested me more than other JRPGs, though for me it's just a shame they have never seemed to be bothered to change or update the battle system.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 10:31

Because there's nothing wrong with the battle system, DQ as far as I'm aware has always stayed more true to it's toots then FF which has tired other system such as FFXV's real time one which is excellent.

I think DQ are more of the JRPG's fans game where FF has more mass appeal, but if you were taking a punt on these I would get DQVIII & not DQVII which is also coming over.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 19:41

mas wrote:
Because there's nothing wrong with the battle system

I never said there was just that I'm personally not a fan of that system & that if they did try something new then I'd be more inclined to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2015 - 10:48

On Kinda Funny's Gamecast they talked about the Nintendo Direct and Colin wait a bit nuts when they started talking about Dragon Quest's, and he made me even more excited about both of these games. He goes a little more in depth of them and DQVIII sounds really good.

As all this news and playing DQ:H at the moment, I kinda want to play a DQ game at the moment, what would you guys recommend? Guessing would have to be a DS DQ unless theres a good one on VITA or Wii.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2015 - 17:26

The DS Dragon Quests, in my opinion, from best to worst: 9, 5, 6, 4. 9 is my favourite DS game. Thumbs Up! Not sure if there are any main series DQ games on the old VITA (obvs), but I know there are none for the Wii (there are some spin-offs, though I have no idea about their quality).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 10:42

I may have to hunt IX down then, thanks Zero
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:11

Yay DQVII but no DQVIII Aww! hopefully the one is summer and then next is in the winter.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:19

You don't need 2 DQ games that close to each other though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:23

Well both were confirmed to be 2016 in the last direct and both were shown together, which i thought they'd do here.

Also what's wrong if one is June and the other is December.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 18:01

I know what Andy means - they're big games that are normally quite similar. I'm hoping for VII to be out late summer and VIII March 2017... but I'm getting both whatever happens. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 11:45

So I've decided not to get VIII until I've beaten VII and can trade it in towards its sequel. Thumbs Up! Has anyone gone for it, though? Some of the folk I follow on The Social Media are agreeing with mas and saying it's aces, so I'm more determined now to crack VII and get onto the next challenge. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)   Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest VIII (Not Long To W-VIII)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next