We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 20:07

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
That Mega Man 11 demo is unsurprisingly unimpressive. The last game I played before it was 1996's Metal Slug, yet Mega Man 11 doesn't seem to have any of the ingenuity or even the freshness of that. A waste of time, quite frankly.
Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 Lucy-disappointed
I am sad now.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 20:20

I think it's unfair to class it as "a waste of time", but it wasn't world beating by any stretch. They've tried something new with a risk/reward feature called "Double Gear" where you can slow down time for trickier moments or super-charge your attacks, but abuse it too much and Mega Man will be left vulnerable for a bit. It made the combat a bit more engaging than normal, although I don't think I was using it to its full extent. Aside from that, it's Mega Man as you're used to in all his jumping and shooting glory.

It didn't do anything mind-blowing, nor was I particularly blown away by the level they showed off in the demo. I'm still not keen on the visual style either, and the presentation's taken a bit of a hit by moving away from the classic Mega Man tunes to some dull synthesised stuff. It's worth a look though regardless, but I'll not be in a rush to pick it up when the full release comes out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 20:30

BUT YOU CAN'T JUMP THROUGH DOORS MOYLES, CRAP DEMO FOR CUCKOLDS INNIT

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 21:46

That is a sin and Capcom are now CANCELLED. It's over for them. They've fucked it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptySun 16 Sep 2018 - 17:43

Not sure where to put this so I'll just put it in here, it seems a family membership for Nintendo Switch online would be possible between the 8 of us.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Online/FAQ-1374625.html
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptySun 16 Sep 2018 - 17:58

Basically you've found the only good thing about Switch Online.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptySun 16 Sep 2018 - 18:07

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 0:17

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 5:34

Sorry but No! I think I'm more than allowed to have a opinion on a service Nintendo are going to provide along with replying to someone who's talking about it.

Jas to me has found a shining light about the service am I not allowed to say and tell him that? Due to what Jas has found, I'm more than happy to join the family plan and send him the money to do so.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018 - 21:58

That Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle looks the business, just the absolute business.

Also, from nowhere seemingly, there's a Scibblenauts bundle on the eShop today, with the two Wii U games (Unlimited and Unmasked) smooshed together for £24.99.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018 - 0:28

That's a refreshingly decent price to see for a port on Switch. I've enjoyed what I've played of the Scribblenauts series, but I'm not sure how long the novelty would last! Perhaps as long as my creativity? Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Sep 2018 - 1:16

The US launch trailer for the Capcom Beat em up bundle is Thumbs Up! as well.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2018 - 19:48

I liked the look of The Gardens Between when it was shown off in a Direct, and it looks like it's pretty good. Gosh darn massive Japanese adventures, stealing my time... Sulk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2018 - 21:22

Been talking to Zero about it on Twitter, think I'm going to download after I finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2018 - 21:43

The_Jaster wrote:
The US launch trailer for the Capcom Beat em up bundle is Thumbs Up! as well.

Properly chuckled at the end of that, brilliant stuff. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptySat 29 Sep 2018 - 10:46

I just want to highlight Steredenn: Binary Stars, a game that I spotted on the eShop, took a punt on, and encourage you to do the same:

It's been around for a few years on Steam and PSN, but I'd never heard of it before yesterday. It's a 2D shooter with procedurally-generated levels, imaginative weapons and a belting heavy metal soundtrack. I'm thinking of it as a sort of like Gradius-meets-Binding of Issac type of mash-up, if that sounds interesting to you.

It looks like it reviewed very well, and it's 70% off on the eShop until October 1st, bringing it down to only £3.59. I've not played it for long at all, but my early impressions are massively positive. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptySat 29 Sep 2018 - 23:54

That looks decent - always like a good shmup. What concerns me is the "endless" moniker that the trailer was talking about - is there a clear end state so you can actually beat the game in time and try again with another runthrough afterwards? I'd be worried about it feeling somewhat unsatisfying in due course with no clear way to succeed.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 9:33

I read that there's a final boss and that there's an end. Like other roguelikes, it's one death and you're done - you lose all your power-ups and you start again with another randomly-generated runthrough. You can unlock new ships to keep if you get far enough, but I've not managed it so far as it's quite a hard game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 11:32

I started The Garden Between last night on PS4 but it is on Switch and I would recommend it from what I've played so far as the art-style is lovely and the premise is so simple you move forward the rest of the world moves forward and the same for backwards but it's so clever on the game uses it that in the puzzles.

Also, I spotted this on NLife, I don't if this is a new thing as I've not seen before but is something that might help with came out on eShop worth looking seeing it gets 20+ games a week.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 1 Oct 2018 - 12:12

It's never going to cover all the titles you're interested in, but yes, looks like a good starting point!

Sulk at a bunch of old Capcom games getting top billing though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 1 Oct 2018 - 19:00

NLife have done this e shop selects feature before, looking at the site it's been running since May last year.

Balla wrote:
Sulk at a bunch of old Capcom games getting top billing though.

Even though I don't have the urge to get the Capcom beat em up bundle (too many games on my plate) I hear it's a very well done package of games that you can not only play locally but online as well so I think it deserves to be in that top 3.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 11 Oct 2018 - 12:54

I seen that Game Dev Story is getting a re-release onto the eShop later today, and so are a couple of other Kairosoft games from their iOS and Android catalogues. These were great and addictive, with Game Dev Story in particular being one of my favourite mobile games. I just hope that they've updated that with new staff, new genres and new hardware to develop for, because a quickie £8.99 port would be well cheeky.

Still, if you've not played it before and don't have a phone like that, it's worth chucking some MyNintendo Gold Points at.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 11 Oct 2018 - 22:49

I played a clone of it called Game Dev Tycoon which was openly inspired by Game Dev Story and I very much enjoyed my time with GDT. I didn't read anything on their storefront about any new content, but I suppose that's not a massive deal for myself having not played it back on mobile.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2018 - 20:54

Just Shapes & Beats - the bullet hell rhythm game that everybody was going radge about at the start of the summer - has now got a demo up on the eShop. It's not a long demo, but what's there is brilliant - absolutely, it's worth downloading and playing through to it's end. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2018 - 21:34

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Just Shapes & Beats - the bullet hell rhythm game that everybody was going radge about at the start of the summer - has now got a demo up on the eShop. It's not a long demo, but what's there is brilliant - absolutely, it's worth downloading and playing through to it's end. Thumbs Up!

Never heard of it but I love rhythm games and quite like shmups so I will give this a bash. Thank you Mr Kid xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next