We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 23:44

@Jas just seemed pricey to me and last game like it Celeste wasn't all my cup of tea where TWEWY is likely is.

@Jay sure just paying more for less content doesn't seem that great.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 9:21

mas wrote:

@Jas just seemed pricey to me and last game like it Celeste wasn't all my cup of tea where TWEWY is likely is.

Then all I can say it maybe read more reviews to get a better overall picture or wait for a sale, I felt the same about the price of Celeste as well which is why I ended up using some gold coins to get it cheaper but I loved that game and realised I shouldn't have worried about the price so much.

It's also the way indie game prices are going in general where some will be worth it like TM and Celeste but others won't be.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 9:46

The thing is take Celeste, I read the reviews and even now it's up for GOTY but from playing I didn't think it was that good or worth £18. I can look at reviews for The Messenger and see it's rather positive as well, just it might not be for me and I don't mind taking a punt at a tenner or something but not nearly £20.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 9:57

Then I don't know what to say other than the game is an absolute peach.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 20:42

I'd probably agree that it's not a Mas game.  I could put a snarky remark in here, but really I just don't think it's Mas material.  (Also it's good but <<< Celeste.)

I'm playing Let's Go like the Nintendo shill I am.  It's fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 21:58

There's a clear Castlevania influence in The Messenger as well though which I know mas is a fan of.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 22:18

If anyone's thinking about it, The Messenger is currently 25% off on the eShop, bringing it down to £13.49. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyThu 22 Nov 2018 - 8:15

The_Jaster wrote:
There's a clear Castlevania influence in The Messenger as well though which I know mas is a fan of.

True, true.  I suppose it would help to know what Mas likes about Konami&rsquo;s finest, and then we can take it from there.  Oooooor just leave him to make his own decision. 🤷

Sent from Topic'it App

EDIT: The flying heck has Topic’it done to my apostrophes!? Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyThu 22 Nov 2018 - 12:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
If anyone's thinking about it, The Messenger is currently 25% off on the eShop, bringing it down to £13.49. Thumbs Up!

Ahh just as we were talking about possible sales, even if I had a small interest in any game (not just TM) that price is a good sweet spot.

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

True, true.  I suppose it would help to know what Mas likes about Konami&rsquo;s finest, and then we can take it from there.  Oooooor just leave him to make his own decision. 🤷

Sent from Topic'it App

EDIT: The flying heck has Topic’it done to my apostrophes!? Hissy fit

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyThu 22 Nov 2018 - 16:53

I've picked it up thanks to the cruel bargain noticing skills of the kid. It's pretty bloody good isn't it?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyThu 22 Nov 2018 - 17:22

Nice! And yep that's all I've been saying. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySat 24 Nov 2018 - 12:07

Having researched it, I really like the sound of The Messenger, though most opinions I've read and heard are that the game's quality falls off a cliff in the second half. It sounds like it's spoiled a lot by the samey backtracking and harsh checkpoints. Is that fair to say, do youse think?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySat 24 Nov 2018 - 13:31

I think the quality only gets better in the second half as that's where they ramp up the use of the time swapping mechanic, there are few harsh checkpoints and 2 quite difficult bosses but I think overall the majority are fair.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySat 24 Nov 2018 - 16:15

I do think Celeste is good Balla and is my Top 10 of the year and likely will get my Switch or eShop vote at the end of year votes when we do them but I thought it was more like a high 7 or low 8 then a 10/10 and with that being said I'd sooner pay around £10 for it based on other indies of the same calibre.

I don't know why but Castlevania has always clicked with me, might help that SOTN is one of the first games in the series and genre I played but I have enjoyed other Metroidvania games such as Steamworld Dig 2 and I do like pre-Xbox Ninja Gaiden even if I've not played much of them but Hollow Knight even though I was a backer and the art-style hasn't clicked with me.

Saw The Messenger is on sale and I do have about £5 in gold coins but a few other things like Wonder Boy, Lost Sphear and Final Fantasy XV PEHD all take my fancy but like the sale on Xbox (not looked on PS4), some good things but no WOW that's a deal for me, that I think I'll keep my £5 and put towards GRIS on Switch and same on Xbox for things like Horizon Chase Turbo which has to be on gJones and Cappas radar.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 25 Nov 2018 - 14:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySat 24 Nov 2018 - 22:48

Celeste is my GOTY, 10/10 and I wish I could have paid more for it. Ask not what your Celeste can do for you, but what you can do for your Celeste.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySat 24 Nov 2018 - 23:31

I'd totally pay

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 100-million-dollars

for a copy of Celeste.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySat 24 Nov 2018 - 23:40

You'll have to buy the physical version when it's available.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 12:53

I am now playing Slain: Back from hell which is an action platformer that has you slaying all sorts of Skeletons an demons, it's pretty good.

Hail the Great Horned Metal God!!!

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 B3BC3418F77AE571086CF9FAB3D2A95C1104E9B1
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 14:26

I'd never heard of Horizon Chase before - thanks for saying, mas.

I've heard about Slain though. Everything sounds excellent about that, except for how difficult it supposedly is, which puts me off fully. 😕
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 15:00

No problem, I'd never heard of it either in-till I saw it on games coming soon on XBL but it's been on PSN for awhile I think.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 16:10

I've heard about Slain though. Everything sounds excellent about that, except for how difficult it supposedly is, which puts me off fully. 😕

It is quite hard but the checkpoints have been good so far, I'll let you know if that changes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 16:34

I would have thought the difficulty would have put me off... however after battling through Celeste and Hollow Knight, I'm wondering whether I've developed a masochistic* streak in my gaming and would actually get along with it!  That pixel art's pretty grand.

Drunkalilly wrote:
Celeste is my GOTY, 10/10 and I wish I could have paid more for it. Ask not what your Celeste can do for you, but what you can do for your Celeste.

The_Jaster wrote:
I'd totally pay

100-million-dollars.jpg

for a copy of Celeste.

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 2xzm

*not to be confused with a Masofchistic streak, which is when you hate Konami games but play them anyway
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 16:42

Playing used games from a company that were made 10+ years ago is a bit different than buying something new from them and supporting bad practices etc they've picked up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 21:56

The_Jaster wrote:

It is quite hard but the checkpoints have been good so far, I'll let you know if that changes.  

Yeah, please do! Slain has been on my radar for quite a while now thanks to its visual style, so I'd be keen to hear if it plays well too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 19:36

I did the first chapter of Dragon Quest Builders at last.
Significant spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next