We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyFri 26 Jul 2019 - 1:28

As of right now Fire Emblem three houses
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 12:30

Also playing Fire Emblem which so far is a banger and could be my GOTY  but seems like this has a been a good week for Switch, it might just because I've taken more notice due to FE (the whole ecosystem stuff I like to talk about) as

Songbird Symphony looks good
Wolfenstein is a big title but isn't for me (I did get the VR one)
KILL la KILL
DOOM's but I hear some aren't happy to due having to be signed into a Bethesda account which brings up the questions off do you own the game and what happens when that's turned off like with Starblood this week
Fantasy Strike which has had decent reviews from the PC community for a fighter
Rise: Race The Future, looks like okay Ridge Racer like
Mighty Switch Force, I know Zero was always a fan

Then I've seen even more talk about Marvel as seems some people are just picking it now based on what people are saying about or haven't been able to get till now due to it be a sell-out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 22:35

mas wrote:
Fantasy Strike which has had decent reviews from the PC community for a fighter

That definitely seems to be doing interesting things to get new players into fighting games seemingly without sacrificing that depth BUT the art style really is so bland.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 0:01

masofdas wrote:

Then I've seen even more talk about Marvel as seems some people are just picking it now based on what people are saying about or haven't been able to get till now due to it be a sell-out.

I actually quite fancy MUA3 from the gameplay highlights I've seen. Mind you, I'm not playing it solo - that's a multiplayer game through and through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 0:09

I used to play the old ones by my own but they seemed to have more emphasis on the RPG mechanic's.

Plus playing 3 in single player is more over the shoulder camera, that it might feel better.

I'm not sure what's next for me on Switch, I may start Phantasy Star which is part of Scullion's Game Club but not sure I want to play a RPG right now.

May look at the indies I've got such as Bury Me, Quarantine Circular and the what not.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 12:30

Three Houses, CTR and a little bit of Splatoon 2. Still expect to be playing Mario Maker 2 a lot in future, but I've taken a bit of a break from it for now to play other stuff.

Mainly though, I've been ploughing on with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I got it with some other games just to fill out my Switch collection. 10 hours or so in, I had somewhat mixed feelings about the game, but then I started to get the combo system and fill my team with more blades, and all of a sudden the game has its hooks in me.

A little over 40 hours on it now and I'm taking my time with side quests and exploring areas. There is a lot of micromanagement you can do through menus and I do sometimes forget to update stuff, but for the most part I've found you don't have to do too much tinkering to get by. Although one of the final bosses in chapter 5 blindsided me and I had to look up what I was doing wrong.

Spectacular looking game with some tremendous cut-scenes. Have been okay with the voice acting for the most part (just decided to leave it on English), though I have to say the voicework for Mythra isn't great. I like her more than Pyra, with which she shares the same voice actor, but it's clear that with Pyra she's using close to her natural voice whereas with Mythra it's very blatantly put-on. Could have been better or they could have hired someone else to do it. However, all the different accents are great.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 12:24

I tried a few things but nothing was really clicking with me, same on other systems. I don't know why but since finishing off a route in Three Houses, haven't felt like playing anything at all.

I get this after a being game sometimes and I don't mean length, I mean quality.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 21:23

I was a few weeks late buying it but I finally have Dragon Quest Builders 2, not too far in to it so far but loving a lot of the new features, it feels a heck of a lot more polished and there's a greater emphasis on sharing your creations with others which I likely won't do but it's great to see what others have made.

Alongside Builders I've joined the Baba is You hype and I'm disappointed I left it so long, it's brilliantly clever, it's already made me smile numerous times with its smart solutions and quirks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 4:15

I'm still playing Dragon's Dogma in my big sessions but my quick bashes at the moment are on DOOM.

There was a lot of bollocks about this when it came out, all because when you download you also have to spend 10 seconds typing in an email address. I literally downloaded this game while sat in a convenience store (along with Doom 2) and signed in to both games before I finished my coffee.

And now I'm playing DOOM! I finished the first episode and it still, 26 years on, feels fucking incredible to play. It's slick, the weapons are satisfying, the monsters are all unique and exciting, the music is incredible, the maps are fun to explore, there are action-packed bits and there are scary bits and tense bits . . . what a bloody game!

This game actually scratches an itch which DOOM 2016 didn't. That game had a bit more sci-fi, a bit more monsters, a bit more physical attacks, so it never actually gave me the feeling of shooting at dudes who were shooting back. When I fancy a bit of John Wick, Arnold Schwarzenegger manshooting, this is the game I'll be loading up for the foreseeable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 12:31

It was more people thought it was mandatory and comes down to the whole do you own games etc and seemed at the time you had to be signed in to play. Which IF it was true, seemed daft for a single-player game and comes back to the whole what happens when the Switch is dead.

I know for myself we've seen in the last few months Ouya become no more, Minecraft Story Mode's no longer available to download, Starblood Arena being switched off and is a game even though it has some single-player content (deathmatch against bots) you needed to be signed in to play which I think people thought about DOOM.

This is one of the reason's I started picking up Wii U games, now they're physical but will likes of Devil's Third ever get re-released, also it does have a load good stuff still on the eShop especially Virtual Console.

Hopefully, Nintendo will give us a warning like with Wiiware, again games like Castlevania Rebirth are currently lost to time.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 13:18

I think the Switch has the least to worry about in that department compared to the other systems, in fact I can't think of many that do require an online connection to play. Even the NES games give you a good bit of leeway.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 14:44

masofdas wrote:
It was more people thought it was mandatory and comes down to the whole do you own games etc and seemed at the time you had to be signed in to play. Which IF it was true, seemed daft for a single-player game and comes back to the whole what happens when the Switch is dead.

I know for myself we've seen in the last few months Ouya become no more, Minecraft Story Mode's no longer available to download, Starblood Arena being switched off and is a game even though it has some single-player content (deathmatch against bots) you needed to be signed in to play which I think people thought about DOOM.

This is one of the reason's I started picking up Wii U games, now they're physical but will likes of Devil's Third ever get re-released, also it does have a load good stuff still on the eShop especially Virtual Console.

Hopefully, Nintendo will give us a warning like with Wiiware, again games like Castlevania Rebirth are currently lost to time.  

but like nah?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 15:23

The_Jaster wrote:
I think the Switch has the least to worry about in that department compared to the other systems, in fact I can't think of many that do require an online connection to play. Even the NES games give you a good bit of leeway.

A few Japan like DQX as it's an MMO.

Again it's something people thought about with the DOOMs and there will be games that need some sort of internet connection, or even the NES games what happens when the Switch is Switched Off in 10 years time?

@Drunka hey I'm just saying how I feel games should be preserved and we have seen that's not the case

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 3 Aug 2019 - 15:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 15:38

yeh im with you on the big picture

its a picture of my dick

its big cos its to scale

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 16:02

mas wrote:
Again it's something people thought about with the DOOMs and there will be games that need some sort of internet connection, or even the NES games what happens when the Switch is Switched Off in 10 years time?

And as Drunka already said it was something folk shouldn't have been worrying about or at least kicking up as much fuss as they were & as far as the NES games go everyone knows before signing up to Switch online that these are games you won't always have access to.

Also if you loved certain ones so much and wanted to preserve them you can still buy physical versions of them. (obviously some would be expensive)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 16:05

You're right shouldn't have been a big fuss especially when you would have found you can play without connection by taking your Switch with you somewhere.

Just I can see why it may have been a issue, if that wasn't the case.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 22:38

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - I only played up to 1-6 which is just after the first mid boss, I'm still getting used to some of the mechanics I think as I was taking hits I know I probably shouldn't have been but apart from that it's pretty good so far.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 22:48

I should also mention that I did briefly think it was going to require a connection every time I started up. The first time I fired the game up after downloading and signing in, I got the message that online play requires a connection but the wording was strange and I did actually think the whole game required a connection!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 9:43

I'm glad that idea seems to be dead in the water, streaming aside (although that does seem to be an increasingly big aside...).  

Treesmurf wrote:
Alongside Builders I've joined the Baba is You hype and I'm disappointed I left it so long, it's brilliantly clever, it's already made me smile numerous times with its smart solutions and quirks.

Dance

EDIT: I've actually got a bit stumped by Baba and have instead dipped my toes into the water of Katamari Damacy. And yes, I knew it was mad and Japanese with catchy music, but I underestimated just how much each of those three things applied. The introduction sequence was worth the (reduced) price of entry alone! Love

Whistle Na NAAAAAH na na na na na na, na na Katamari Damacy!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2019 - 20:53

I've started Captain Toad, hopefully I can finish within the trial period.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Aug 2019 - 14:34

Balladeer wrote:
EDIT: I've actually got a bit stumped by Baba and have instead dipped my toes into the water of Katamari Damacy. And yes, I knew it was mad and Japanese with catchy music, but I underestimated just how much each of those three things applied. The introduction sequence was worth the (reduced) price of entry alone! Love

Whistle Na NAAAAAH na na na na na na, na na Katamari Damacy!

Dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 19:56

In a weird way, the controls are quite intuitive!  Your analogue sticks are, for the most part, the Prince's hands.  It's still (intentionally I suspect) not the easiest game to control in the world, but sure, I'll persevere!

Incidentally my list of 'current' videogames now reads:
Katamari
Baba Is You
Lapis x Labyrinth
Cadence of Hyrule
Overcooked
(CURSE YOU GIANT MEATBALL DAMN YOU! )
and Bloodstained is only not in there because I'm waiting for the performance patch. Sadly (for Jas et al.) I think it's Cadence that's most likely to fall off the pile: it's the only one I didn't get on with immediately, and comparisons to a strategy game have worried me rather.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 21:18

Balla wrote:
Sadly (for Jas et al.) I think it's Cadence that's most likely to fall off the pile: it's the only one I didn't get on with immediately, and comparisons to a strategy game have worried me rather.

Sulk

It's musical action strategy, plus it's more like a Zelda game than you might think it is.......in fact I find it tough to properly explain because I haven't really played anything quite like it before. Again, far and away my favourite game this year. (Only Sekiro comes close, natch)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 22:05

Balladeer wrote:
and comparisons to a strategy game have worried me rather.

Hmm, I don't follow that comparison. It plays very similar to a 2D Zelda game in how you deal with each screen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2019 - 10:17

Balladeer wrote:
In a weird way, the controls are quite intuitive!  Your analogue sticks are, for the most part, the Prince's hands.  It's still (intentionally I suspect) not the easiest game to control in the world, but sure, I'll persevere!

Yes, I think it's in a weird space of being intuitive, but counter to convention. Takahashi is notably not that big into videogames in general, and I think when you realise this, you see how the controls make perfect sense. As people familiar with how the sticks are usually used, Katamari feels weird, but if you were coming to the controls for the first time you'd think "this makes sense".
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next