We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2018 - 16:17

masofdas wrote:
I'm 99% sure I'm getting for Christmas, what's the best way to unlock characters?

If you want to get them all as quickly as possible, I think if you back out of World of Light every 10 minutes, you're guaranteed a fighter unlock. Personally, I found mixing up battling with the CPUs and unlocking them naturally through WoL to be the most satisfying way to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2018 - 19:38

I can see myself playing a lot of this with my sister.  I imagine we'll unlock a lot of them that way!

I've seen people complaining about how large WoL is.  Some people are never happy! Rolling Eyes Is it just the one beginning cut-scene though, fellas?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2018 - 22:43

I unlocked most of them through some one-on-ones with my younger brother! It was fun egging each other on whenever a new challenger approached - "Oh, well you better not lose this now!" "...you lost? See, should have let me win that last one", and so on.

Regarding the length of WoL - I think when you've got myself, Mr. 500 Hours in Smash 3DS, feeling a bit fatigued with the campaign that it's maybe starting to drag somewhat! As for cutscenes, a few extra scenes but nothing substantial. Keep your expectations for Subspace style cutscenes well and truly tempered.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2018 - 22:45

Don't worry, I'm expecting five shorter ones at most.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2018 - 22:48

...maybe temper your expectations a little more...
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Dec 2018 - 8:13

I put two randoms online under a rest simultaneously as puff jiggly; never playing this game again, I have peaked.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Dec 2018 - 12:23

There is something really satisfying about landing that move. One of my favourite games in this to date was bullying Andy rotten with Puff's rest over and over again.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Dec 2018 - 12:27

No matter how my times I use her I'll just never get the best out of the puffy one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Dec 2018 - 12:34

It's all about the aerials and using her strong air movement - you can drift in and out of your opponent's range using her air movement, bait out an attack and then hit them with a forward and back aerial. Or go all out with a Rest.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Dec 2018 - 12:46

I remember you saying this on skype when we were playing but it just doesn't seem to work out for me, it's not like I dislike floaty characters either as I've always like Kirby for example.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Dec 2018 - 14:23

Puff is a monster in team battles. Sing and rollout really come into their own when you have a buddy covering for you. Most people seem slack off jiggly online too.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Dec 2018 - 21:28

Just unlocked Snake today, was he this good in Brawl? Found myself knocking enemies out with ease using him. I can see him becoming one of my mains for sure.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Dec 2018 - 22:28

Hopefully me and my cousin might unlock some characters then from battling.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptySun 23 Dec 2018 - 12:51

Treesmurf wrote:
Just unlocked Snake today, was he this good in Brawl? Found myself knocking enemies out with ease using him. I can see him becoming one of my mains for sure.

Sent from Topic'it App

Never played him that much back then myself so tough to say but he's quite good at range or up close and his up tilt attack kills in the high percents.

---

I can probably count on one hand the fighters I'm not that keen on using and considering the size of the roster that is crazy, plus even then if I just practiced them enough I'm sure I could find something to make them work.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyMon 24 Dec 2018 - 1:09

The_Jaster wrote:

I can probably count on one hand the fighters I'm not that keen on using and considering the size of the roster that is crazy, plus even then if I just practiced them enough I'm sure I could find something to make them work.

Back on Smash 3DS - and I can only presume I'll get around to this on SSBU - I would use a tournament bracket app like Challonge, plug all the roster into that, make a fake tournament and battle my way through the bracket. It'd give me an opportunity to play nearly everyone. I'd play against LVL 8s or 9s, but I'm not sure about using the LVL 9s in SSBU as they seem to parry everything with the perfect shield.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyMon 24 Dec 2018 - 6:17

I finally got to the start of the game!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 Smash210

Muss wrote:
Totally unbiased but Rathalos is the best boss fight in the game Cool

JayMoyles wrote:
I think I prefer Dracula, all told! Battling him with one of the Belmonts feels so close to an actual Castlevania game, so that's a big tick in the success column in my eyes.

Having now done them both I'll say . . . Dracula's castle was way better than chasing the Rathalos around a field but the actual fight with the Rathalos was a thing of beauty, while Dracula was an awkward exercise in trying to jump and hit him in the head (I was using Zero Suit Samus as I wanted it to be like Buffy).

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyMon 24 Dec 2018 - 10:42

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Back on Smash 3DS - and I can only presume I'll get around to this on SSBU - I would use a tournament bracket app like Challonge, plug all the roster into that, make a fake tournament and battle my way through the bracket. It'd give me an opportunity to play nearly everyone. I'd play against LVL 8s or 9s, but I'm not sure about using the LVL 9s in SSBU as they seem to parry everything with the perfect shield.

That's a good idea though after I done some of that Smashdown mode versus the cpu the other day I could probably just use that but make sure to pick fighters I need to practice with.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 16:30

LADS LADS LADS I'VE GOT IT LADS

I've played through a few WoL levels, and they're rather clever, but I do think the Spirits could have done with a brief description of what they are. I got a random Fire Emblem mage and have no clue who it is.

Also: properly hard in places. Really struggled with Bethany for a while.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 19:43

Ho ho ho. I just beat every WoL battle! Ok, I turned it down to easy after beating the main campaign on normal. Some of the stages were still right buggers, but it felt good cleaving through stages with young link
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 20:25

Young Link was my choice in the late game of WoL too especially when I had a ridiculous spirit set up for him, primary was a neutral type too so great for all situations.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:32

Baubleadeer wrote:

I've played through a few WoL levels, and they're rather clever, but I do think the Spirits could have done with a brief description of what they are.  I got a random Fire Emblem mage and have no clue who it is.

The whole reason we have Spirits is to cut back on extra development work like descriptions and models for the trophies, so a bit of art of the character is all you get.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:39

I don't mind the models, but I would have liked a two-line description, or at least a game of origin!

Anyway, Marth is an early fave in WoL. I wish I had more projectile focussed fellows though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:42

It was all about the heavies for me in WoL. I went from Bowser to K.Rool to Ganondorf. Chuck on a Spirit that makes them giant and the enemies were dying in one or two smash attacks, even on Hard Mode.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 23:07

I also got lads and played through Classic Mode with Link, Mario and Sonic who was my first unlock then just played a lot with my cousin 1 v 1 but with items and random due to playing tabletop mode more than 1 v 1 seemed too much going on.

I don't like all the heavy characters that I have, Sonic as he's to fast (I know) but have found myself liking Link at the moment.

Does seem fun and can't wait to play some WoL.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 EmptyWed 26 Dec 2018 - 0:33

Balla, this should help with identifying spirits.

masofdas wrote:
with items and random due to playing tabletop mode more than 1 v 1 seemed too much going on.

This is definitely a thing. I played entirely in handheld so far and there have been a few fights with loads of characters and items and all sorts where I was totally lost.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 16 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next