We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 18:15

We doing this then? I'll be around at 7, and I imagine Mas will be too, but I'm not interested in one-on-ones. Smash is at its frenetic best when it's got four (or more) people playing.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 18:26

It'll depend on my connection, but I'll try. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 18:58

I feel you, mine too.  If I don't show up, you know where I am and what I'm doing.

(In my living room, swearing at Virgin.)

EDIT: Setting up a room now!  It's called GNamer!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 19:35

Well that was a massive shitshow. Apologies to yer men Cappa and Mas, who showed up, played some good games, and had to put up with my dreadful lag. I'll give it another shot another day, I think, but I don't want to inflict that on anyone else at the moment. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 19:40

How come your internet is like that especially in London.

Anyway it was fun, I just need to unlock some more characters and learn someone as random doesn't help much with learning.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 21:03

I thought it was my internet - it's usually ropey, and with it I'm surprised I was able to get a few matches at all.

For those who missed it: Balladeer absolutely slaughtered us at Smash. He's good!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 21:16

It might have been the combined effect Cappa, I'm surprised it didn't fry the cables! Thanks for sitting through it anyway, gents. I'd love to play some more if I can get it fixed.

Mas, I wonder if it might not be worse in London. The last time I tried to play much online (different machine, different house, different provider) I suffered similar problems. Jay might recall our attempts to play Smash 3DS...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 21:19

So you're the issue
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Jan 2019 - 21:22

We've cracked it, I'm actually made of electrical interference.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 1200px-479Rotom
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyMon 7 Jan 2019 - 0:54

Balladeer wrote:
Well that was a massive shitshow.  Apologies to yer men Cappa and Mas, who showed up, played some good games, and had to put up with my dreadful lag.  I'll give it another shot another day, I think, but I don't want to inflict that on anyone else at the moment. Aww!

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I thought it was my internet - it's usually ropey, and with it I'm surprised I was able to get a few matches at all.

For those who missed it: Balladeer absolutely slaughtered us at Smash. He's good!

From what you are saying it might just be your provider but are you at least using a lan adapter? Also Cappa you connection seemed fine when you joined me, muss, Jay and andy for a few that one time.

masofdas wrote:
Anyway it was fun, I just need to unlock some more characters and learn someone as random doesn't help much with learning.

I'd say random helps more as you have to feel out a character to see what you like or dont and gets you playing stuff you normally wouldn't, for example I probably wouldnt have went near Palutena after not being a fan of her in Smash 4 but she's now one of my favourites.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyMon 7 Jan 2019 - 11:41

That does make sense.

Didn't Balla use a LAN for Wii U and it made no difference, that does bring me back to if it's been different consoles, games, providers, places the only thing always the same is Balla himself.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyTue 8 Jan 2019 - 20:27

I have another theory: the only places where I can afford to live in London don't have very good wiring, so I can get Internet that's as fast as you like to me, but it'll still be somewhat fallible by the time it reaches the 11th floor.  Anyway, I have ordered a LAN adapter, so we'll see how that goes.

Has anyone done the Classic on 9.9 challenge yet?  I can't beat the Hands on 7.5 most of the time... Pale
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyTue 8 Jan 2019 - 20:48

Balla wrote:

Has anyone done the Classic on 9.9 challenge yet?  I can't beat the Hands on 7.5 most of the time... Pale

Nah, but I finished at a 9.8 (have a few others at 9 too) one time with Peach who isn't anywhere near one of my best fighters to play as.

EDIT: Also I'm not a fan of the hands as a team boss fight which isn't good as they show up a fair bit in classic.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyTue 8 Jan 2019 - 21:14

Agreed, there are much better bosses and I seem to be fighting them most of the time. Sulk

My highest, like you, is a weird one: Pac-Man. Eh?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyTue 8 Jan 2019 - 21:31

It'd be funny to pick our mains off the one who has the highest score after just one run, as of right now my main would be Young Link but a close second is Ice climbers for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyWed 9 Jan 2019 - 2:20

Id only go along with that method of main selection if every fighter had the same classic and DEAR GOD NINTENDO PLEASE NO!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyWed 9 Jan 2019 - 7:46

Aye the differences can definitely make certain classic modes easier or harder.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyWed 9 Jan 2019 - 21:00

Sorry to change topic, but question to ask: what's everybody's favourite new song remix in Ultimate?

I thought Brawl's best one was Meta Knight's Revenge, and Pac-Man's Park from Smash 3DS/Wii U was the game's outstanding remix. In Ultimate, I really like the Bloody Tears remix - how about youse?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyWed 9 Jan 2019 - 21:40

Oh bloody hell, what a question. I think Corneria might win out in Brawl, and in 4 it was Destroyed Skyworld by a county mile. Ultimate, though? At this early stage, I'm going for Gangplank Galleon. It has the hilariously daft rapping bit in, that's enough for me!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyWed 9 Jan 2019 - 21:53

Balladeer wrote:

I cheesed it being using a Classic ticket. I stormed the rounds up to the boss battle so I was sitting on 9.9 going into the boss and I used a Classic Ticket after I inevitably died in order to maintain my score.

Balladeer wrote:

My highest, like you, is a weird one: Pac-Man. Eh?

My highest is Yoshi, bizarrely! No idea how - I think not dying plays a big role in that and I think I managed to scrape by Yoshi's without a death.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Sorry to change topic, but question to ask: what's everybody's favourite new song remix in Ultimate?

Oh, that's difficult. I think it'd have to go to the new Brinstar Depths remix. That violin and guitar is just awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyWed 9 Jan 2019 - 23:42

Not listened to many of the remixes yet but so far I really like the Luigi's mansion theme.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptyFri 11 Jan 2019 - 20:09

Never mind the remixes (although Electroplankton is a surprise belter):

Music spoilers I suppose:

I've now, much more sensibly, got my joint-highest finish (9.1) and my highest score (155-something) with Ganondorf, a big fatty who swept the Hands aside like the floppy gloves they are.

...who was swiftly usurped by, of all people, Luigi. 🤷 Then, after lots of effort, I beat 9.9 with K. Rool and everything resumed its normal order. He got two 9.8s beforehand, though: the game really doesn't want you to make 9.9.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySat 12 Jan 2019 - 22:52

If you die at all, it's impossible to get 9.9 even if you use a Classic Ticket from what I recall.

Can't be long until Piranha Plant drops now... it was late January/early February that was mentioned as a release window for it, right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySat 12 Jan 2019 - 23:29

That'll be it then, the penultimate battle is a real step up and kept killing me.  When I finally won I did it without a single death!  K. Rool is a champ, I recall you saying as much yourself Jay.

I'd forgotten about him!  I can't wait to sink my teeth (pun intended) into ol' Pakkun.

I've actually managed to hoover up a couple of online-related Challenges!  This evening, when I got online I wasn't having problems with lag: I was having problems with it only managing to connect me to the Internet about every fifth attempt (and I did want to keep dropping out to change character).  I've tried changing umpteen different settings on my Switch.  Still waiting for the LAN adapter, but if it doesn't arrive I think me and Virgin need to have Words.

I also did the Meteor Smash one, eventually, and the Robin's flurry jobby.   Had to look up the best way to do the former.  For all that I strive to complete the Challenges, they only really cement my belief that achievements et al. are a bad idea.

EDIT: Went around to a friend's house, and the online worked perfectly. 😒 That does mean I've put together the entire Challenges board! With the help of some Golden Hammers, natch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 EmptySun 13 Jan 2019 - 22:55

Yeah, I used hammers for some of the sillier ones - play 200 online battles, for one - so there's no shame in it!

My current goal is to try and collect all the Spirits. I'm up to 1102/1302, so we're getting there slowly but surely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 19 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next