We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)

Go down 
+5
masofdas
Buskalilly
Muss
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 3:52

Andy, here's a mission for you: Make an armour set and weapon for every monster, then take a screenshot with that monster that we can use for Monster Mash.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 9:05

To be fair that isn't actually the worst goal I've ever heard...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 10:50

Andy's why is always problem I have with games like MonHan and some of the guys at work who's picked it up where into Destiny. After I finished the story of that, and caught up with them with that, they talked about getting new armour, weapons but I always came back as to why do I need this new armour as I've beat the story.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 17:23

It's only a problem if you're bored of hunting the monsters. Once I beat the story when I get back next week, I'm going to make armour and weapons out of my favorite beasts because I enjoy the battle. I'll also be dipping into some S.O.S responses to help out people who might be stuck, that was probably my favorite part of Dark Souls 3 because cooperative, PvE, stuff is nice - especially when your inbox fills up with people chuffed at your effort.

I'm not going to go and get everything, and I can see why people would be interested in more monsters even though the ones we have are excellent, but what I get out of the game isn't really tied to the story. Can't speak for Destiny, but the plot in World is just a means towards cool cutscenes that show off the monsters and unlock higher rank quests for me.

That said, I read some wank think-piece on Forbes the other day, a website that seems to have churned out a lot of MHW criticism for whatever reason. But this article takes the piss. The TL;DR = "waa, some of the monsters you hunt aren't aggressive until you bash em, therefore waaa this is morally dubious, waa"

The author isn't calling for PETA to come in and protest it, it's more of a click-baity headline followed by some centrist dribble. Still, it's almost as if this guy missed the entire, rudimentary, plot. It's made clear that elder dragons are incredibly powerful and often leave devastation in their wake; there's one the size of an air craft carrier roaming the earth ffs. Therefore, only the most skilled hunters have a shot at taming them/slaying them/furthering humanity's understanding of them. To become a skilled hunter, you're going to have to start with easier beasts, and if it means fighting a few docile beasts along the way then so be it. You gotta work your way up to the elder dragons, and you gotta fight them to protect humanity. Not to mention, we're in the New World, most of the monsters are new, and technology in the MH games is such that really the only tools humanity has to study the monsters is through combat. Therefore it's ok go after anything; the ends justify the means, you're on a colony and you have to make do with what you have there. Other than showing off cool monsters, that seems to be the entire point of the narrative, but somehow this guy missed it.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 18:37

masofdas wrote:
Andy's why is always problem I have with games like MonHan and some of the guys at work who's picked it up where into Destiny. After I finished the story of that, and caught up with them with that, they talked about getting new armour, weapons but I always came back as to why do I need this new armour as I've beat the story.

It's core loop of what makes Monster Hunter the game it is, you might not realise it but you will likely have been doing it throughout the story and just because that story has come to an end doesn't mean you can't find a way to improve at the game. There is never a situation where one armour set/weapon combo is the best for every single monster given how different they all act and have various elements/ailments, so muss is spot on with saying it is only an issue if you're bored of the fight with the monsters.

Muss wrote:

It's only a problem if you're bored of hunting the monsters. Once I beat the story when I get back next week, I'm going to make armour and weapons out of my favorite beasts because I enjoy the battle. I'll also be dipping into some S.O.S responses to help out people who might be stuck, that was probably my favorite part of Dark Souls 3 because cooperative, PvE, stuff is nice - especially when your inbox fills up with people chuffed at your effort.

I've been meaning to mention that the SOS response system feels a bit like being a sunbro and as you said it's a great feeling when you help someone out who was clearly stuck.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 18:51

I totally get the loop of the game like this but it's not for me, I need an objective. At the moment, it's get better weapon due to the next Monster in the story.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 19:27

My next objective is a mix of maxing out every Sword and Shield, getting that worryingly elusive platinum trophy and creating a perfect armour set (through decorations etc.) to prepare for a very likely expansion into G-Rank somewhere down the road. The game still has legs for me, alongside tails, gems, plates and other monster bits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 19:28

Aye, I get that as Andy has said the same but making better gear is an objective, and the cool thing about MH is you can set your own and there are near limitless options in that regard. For example: Do you feel you have mastered one weapon type? Try another one and as mentioned earlier in the thread this changes how you approach the game and it's monsters.

Look at this way it's just like any other multiplayer focused game (Overwatch/R6Siege/ForniteBR/PUBG) you don't play those expecting constant objectives provided by the game, you play them for the in the moment fun they provide and maybe to see how you can get better. MH World has this in spades, believe me it'll be weird to me once I tick off every quest as complete (can't remember having ever done that before) but even then they provide weekly event quests on top of all that - Would I like there to be more? Of course! Do I think there is plenty of things to aim for? Yes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 20:43

I've got loads more still to do anyway but soon as I see the credits I'll likely be done with the game. It's just how I play games and why Drunka pokes fun of me completing games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 1:03

Fair enough, it totally depends on the game for me and MH is one that I'll consistently play alongside other games.

-----------

EDIT: I think I'm done using dual blades for now (it's at over 100 uses on my guild card) so I'll be back on the bowgun for a good bit until I can make some decent lances, but don't worry guys I won't slip over to the dark side of slice shots in MP as I've now realised my weapon can shoot level 3 pierce ammo. It sure would be nice if the game would drop a piercing shots decoration (I hope this exists) so I could up the damage of it a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 0:21

As ever with Monster Hunter I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, fun though. I went for the insect glaive because it let me do a cool looking jump.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 0:47

Just geez a shout on here or twitter if you need help with any monsters or weapon tips, it's always good to have folk to bounce ideas off in this game -
it'd also be nice to get a few more you added to the Monster Mash squad and to trade guild cards.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 7:49

I will do, been reluctant to ask anyone just yet so I can get a feel for it then once I'm in to the swing of things I'll likely be bothering everyone for help.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 19:08

So I finished making my pierce bowgun set this morning just as today's update nerfs slice shots and buffs some of the other ammo types (full patch notes here) & I also managed to make a nice all round elemental set which I plan to use with lance but I'm in the early stages of making those.

After that? I might finally try to crack the old Switch Axe.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 16:30

So that's the Deviljho spring update been announced for the 22nd of this month & as always Gaijin hunter has all the details covered in this video.

A Devil may cry crossover was also announced the other day which looks brilliant!

http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/uk/topics/dlc_dmc/
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 19:35

I was really praying there was going to be more to it than a Deviljho, I was not hoping that more would be a redecorated Gathering Hall. Sad
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 19:44

As a hunter, shouldn’t you have been... preying? Winky Face

*leaves quickly*
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 21:22

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I was really praying there was going to be more to it than a Deviljho, I was not hoping that more would be a redecorated Gathering Hall. Sad

Not sure if you watched the video or not but the gathering hall thing is an actual special event where all the event quests are up at the same time & I think that's pretty cool & since I still play the game a fair bit I love all the balance changes they are doing to weapons and the game overall.

But since you don't like the number of overall quests MH World has I expect you probably won't be back until a G rank expansion.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 9:02

Yeah I did, but if I cared about the events I'd have done them when they were released. I might fire it up for an evening and get a few ticked off, but it's not new meaningful content is it?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 11:06

Depends on what you play the game for, you've always liked ticking off quests as your main goal so adding one new assigned quest means it isn't meaningful for yourself whereas others will play for the fun of the hunt to see where Deviljho might pop up, or see how they can incorporate the new gear into their build or maybe make an entirely new one/go for the full set.

So for me it is meaningful as it brings new stuff to aim for, would I have liked to see more monsters alongside him? Definitely.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptySat 17 Mar 2018 - 18:48

Are they bringing back the rotational quests like the ones with an increased chance for Gold and Mini Crowns or just the special content events like the Horizon Zero Dawn stuff? If it's the latter, I'll be with Andy in being a little disappointed albeit with a desire still to check out what's there and scrap with Jho. If it's the former, I can really see myself setting some time aside and grinding out those quests to try and get plenty of crowns as I still have the platinum trophy in my sights.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptySat 17 Mar 2018 - 19:03

I think it's all of the event quests but I'm not 100 percent sure on that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptySun 18 Mar 2018 - 0:06

I shall keep an eye out when that rolls around. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 0:13

Iceborne dropped last weekend!

I've put a fair chunk of time into it so far and I still feel like I've got at least half of the main hunts to go, let alone the plethora of optional hunts to partake in. I'm in awe with the level of care they've put into the tiniest details in the new hub. Stormer of an expansion, this one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)   Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter World (Iceborne out now!)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5